Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

This years Christmas tree for Rockefeller center

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by christmas87, Nov 2, 2018.

1. christmas87

christmas87 Santa Clausologist MMC Lifer

i had a question. Does anyone know where the Christmas tree will be from this year? I live in Newburgh ny and heard it was coming from here but I also heard it’s coning from some place else. Can anyone confirm because if it is I live like 5 min away from where they are cutting it down from.

2. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew Santa's Elf

With all due credit to Google ... here's the answer. Wallkill, NY. 72 feet tall, 12 tons.

christmas87 likes this.
  3. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

GingerMel likes this.
  4. Holiday

christmas87 likes this.
  5. Ornamentmaven

Ornamentmaven Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger 2018 Ornament Exchanger

I can answer for christmas87 as I also formerly lived in that area. Yes Wallkill is close to Newburgh!

christmas87 and Holiday like this.
  6. Holiday

Well cool - I hope he can go! (and take pictures/video!) :D :)

christmas87 likes this.
  7. angelpugs

angelpugs Christmasologist MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum 2018 Ornament Exchanger

I follow this as well,Thanks for posting.

christmas87 likes this.
  8. christmas87

Thanks for the post Holiday. Yes Newburgh is close to Wallkill. I think they said town of newburgh because it’s almost borderline Wallkill well at least that area of Wallkill. It’s close enough to drive to. My wife wants to take a picture there before it get cut down then actually go to Rockefeller center and take a picture in front of it lit. Basically a before and after.

XmasDreams likes this.
  9. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew Santa's Elf

That's a great idea!

christmas87 likes this.
  10. novelist

novelist Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

Looking forward to the tree lighting, its always a beautiful show

christmas87 likes this.
  11. christmas87

I’m not really a big fan of the show or the events leading up to the lighting of the tree but I’ll put it on at the end when they are getting ready to light it. and of course going to see it.

12. ChantelleJoy

ChantelleJoy Partner, AllThingsChristmas.com MMC Premiere Member MMC Partner

I also love to hear about where the tree comes from - sometimes it comes from Canada :) The story of how they find it is always a fun one too (Helicopters, right?). Thanks for the update!

christmas87 likes this.
  13. WintersElf

WintersElf Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Talk Alum

when is the ceremony gonna be on tv??

14. MerryCarey

GingerMel likes this.
  15. WintersElf

WintersElf Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Talk Alum