Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Thoughts on Inflatables

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Neotericisis, Dec 3, 2018.

Team Inflatables v. Team No Inflatables

1. Team Inflatables- "I want my Frosty to be fluffy!"

25.0%
  2. Team No Inflatables- "Keeping it traditional over here!"

75.0%
  1. Neotericisis

Neotericisis Elf Choir Book Distributor Merry Forums Member

Hello fellow Christmas lovers!

What are your thoughts on inflatables? Love 'em? Hate 'em? Pros? Cons?

My 9 yr. old son as been bugging me for inflatables for forever, so I am finally caving and getting one- just one.

Minta likes this.
  2. WintersElf

WintersElf Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Talk Alum

I laugh every time i see them on the ground...no thank you....i do however like the lighted outdoor and plastic nativities

Minta and Neotericisis like this.
  3. Neotericisis

I've heard they only last a few years (and some can be expensive!).I must say, whenever I see a yard covered with them I always think "they must be really fun people".

Minta likes this.
  4. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew Santa's Elf

I don't have any ... it seems like it would be a challenge to stake them down so that they stand straight and don't lurch around. It also seems to me that they may not stand up to a wet, windy storm. And though they're supposed to be lighted, the lighting seems awfully weak and dim, at least the ones I've seen.

Neotericisis and Minta like this.
  5. GingerMel

GingerMel Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger

I'm a little meh on inflatables. When they're puffed up and it's nighttime, they're kinda neat. It just seems like a bit to deal with. However, when I see ANY Christmas decoration (inflatable or not), I love it. So if you like inflatables or if you're just doing it to make your child happy...just go for it! Those snow globe ones are pretty cool!

Neotericisis and Minta like this.
  6. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew

When they first came out we only bought a few after Christmas as they were expensive but they did last for years. The ones out now are cheaper but only seem to last 1 to 3 years before they rip, the motor dies or the plug goes bad. We have 3 left and 2 may not make it to next year but once they are done we are done with the inflatables.

Neotericisis likes this.
  7. Neotericisis

This seems to be the general report I'm hearing from other people who own inflatables. The one I just bought from HD was only $31 on sale, so when it dies it dies. I can't imagine investing in an item that costs $100+ dollars only for it to konk out in 1-3 years!

Minta likes this.
  8. Neotericisis

The snow globe ones are my favorite! Especially when they are large and well lit. BUT the cheapest one I could find was $90 so nope, he'll get get his little Frosty family and be happy. My pockets are $31 lighter, but I won't be mad if it only lasts this season.

Minta likes this.
  9. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew

We just tossed a snow globe blow up last year. We had it for 3 or 4 years and after the first year one of the seems in the globe part ripped open. Patched it only for it to rip back open again the following year. Last year it developed a tear that could not be patched so into the trash it went.

10. Ornamentmaven

Ornamentmaven Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger 2018 Ornament Exchanger

Don't care for them. They are cute when up and lit. But don't like the way they look (in a heap) during the day!

Neotericisis likes this.
  11. GhostOfChristmasPast

GhostOfChristmasPast Twinkle Light Checker Merry Forums Member

mark me down as no likey

Neotericisis likes this.
  12. Kivara

Kivara Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member

If I were to get into the inflatables, I would have to do this:
    [​IMG]