Thrift Stores!!!!

freebie

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Member
Nov 12, 2009
Castro Valley, California
I love going to thrift stores to shop for decorations and unusual gifts to give to friend and relatives. You can find decorations for almost any holiday.:point:

TamaraQT

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Lifer
Oct 11, 2009
New Jersey
I think I may visit a few thrift stores this week. Never really thought of looking for decorations. I think I will give it a look. Thanks for the suggestion.

Annette1990

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 2, 2007
I love, love, love Thrift stores. I recently went to the Goodwill and found a bag of ornaments for $3.99 most of them I didn't want but there were a few in the bag I liked so I bought it anyways. The ones I won't use (most of the bag) will go back to the thrift store. Anyhow...there was a hard plastic Santa in the bag...on the back it said Merry Christmas 1976 then Hallmark. I had to look it up to find a little more info. on it and found out he's worth $75.00
Pretty good score for 4 bucks!!

Christmas-A-Holic

MMC Goodwill Ambassador
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Jun 21, 2009
Deep in the Heart of Texas!
I love, love, love Thrift stores. I recently went to the Goodwill and found a bag of ornaments for $3.99 most of them I didn't want but there were a few in the bag I liked so I bought it anyways. The ones I won't use (most of the bag) will go back to the thrift store. Anyhow...there was a hard plastic Santa in the bag...on the back it said Merry Christmas 1976 then Hallmark. I had to look it up to find a little more info. on it and found out he's worth $75.00
Pretty good score for 4 bucks!!
You did well! I have found ornaments that are worth more than what the sticker price they put on it at the thrift store. Great place to shop!

Mumof2

One Happy lil Elf
MMC Lifer
Oct 23, 2007
Lakes Region,NH
www.facebook.com
Well Done Annette!

Yes I do like them.I went just recently and bought a small and large clear glass shaped christmas tree candy dish,for lg.$1 & sm. 50 cents.

snowytree

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 16, 2008
GA
I love thrift store shopping, I do it whenever I have the extra money and time!

jollyliz

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 22, 2008
Oklahoma
I keep meaning to hit the thrift shop down the street to look for christmas deco but I keep forgetting. I'll have to do that this weekend. I love to find decorations and adapt them and change them.. reusing them.

joyful

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 25, 2006
northeast USA
I was just at the Goodwill last Saturday and found the cutest 4 snowmen that are in different positions, one is standing on it's head, one is laying on it's back and the others are in various positions.
I've bought wreaths, ornaments, garland and Christmas cups, glasses and many Christmas items at the Goodwill store.
My cloth Christmas tablecloth that is on my table now, came from the Goodwill. I found a cute tablecloth with snowmen that my daughter has on her table. When anyone ask where I got something that I bought from the Goodwill, I just say the GW store, "giggle" and they think it's a new store that has opened.

One Spoiled Brat

Santa Clausologist
MMC Member
Nov 15, 2009
North Carolina
It takes some looking around, but you can find some neat things at times.....Thanks for sharing....:rudolph: