Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

To wrap or not to wrap - that is the question!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Maureen, Dec 30, 2017.

If Santa asks you to help out, do you wrap stocking stuffers or not?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    73.7%
  1. Maureen

Maureen Merry Forums Super Administrator MMC Lifer Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Crew Santa's Elf

I appreciate I'm about a week behind in asking this question but I want to be on the ball early for next year!!! Occasionally I find that Santa needs a little help in filling up those stockings so I've been known to pitch in when required. Long standing argument with my BFF who insists Santa wraps each article and me who equally insists he hasn't got the time, so generally leaves them unwrapped.

Thoughts??

Holiday and prancer like this.
  2. prancer

prancer Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Hii Maureen..Hope you and your family had a wonderful christmas...Ehhh for stocking fillers i do not wrap..But other than that i do wrap buddy...All the best for 2018 my friend:)

Holiday and Maureen like this.
  3. Maureen

Maureen Merry Forums Super Administrator MMC Lifer Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Crew Santa's Elf

Hey!!!!!!! How're you doing??!!!!! Ours was terrific, thanks - son flew in from Shanghai - flew away again!! Hope yours was wonderful too. Thanks for responding - I'm going to show her the poll results at the end!!! Hope your 2018 is everything you wish it to be
    :sway

Holiday likes this.
  4. novelist

novelist Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

Santa wraps our stocking stuffers. I guess he goes by who wants them wrapped and who doesn't!

Holiday and Maureen like this.
  5. Jeff Westover

Jeff Westover Chief Santa Tracker MMC Founder Kringle Radio DJ Christmas Card Exchanger Santa's Elf

The reason they go in the stocking...is because they are NOT wrapped.

Holiday, e_xander and Maureen like this.
  6. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew

Wrapped stocking stuffers here.

Maureen and Holiday like this.
  7. e_xander

e_xander Executive Producer, Tracking Santa MMC Lifer Kringle Radio DJ Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum Santa's Elf

I agree with Jeff

8. Bradmac

Bradmac It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year! MMC Lifer

He doesn't wrap our stocking stuffers.

9. Christmas Rat.

Christmas Rat. Tinsel Straightener Merry Forums Member

There's nothing to small for paper and tape!

10. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

Hmmmm I guess I do both actually. I never really think about it. Sometimes the stocking fillers are things already nicely packaged so I stick them in for my husband. This year I wrapped a couple for the kids and left a couple (candy/chocolates) already in nice boxes unwrapped in their stockings. I guess I make more effort for the kids as they love unwrapping. I have never really made a conscious decision about it though , I just go with whatever lol!

Everything else is wrapped though!

11. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

Hear Hear!

12. made582

made582 MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole MMC Lifer Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Crew Santa's Elf

Stocking gifts from each other- Wrapped

Stocking gifts from Santa- Unwrapped

13. Storeytime

Storeytime Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer Christmas Crew Santa's Elf

It depends on the item and how much time Santa tells me I have to complete my helper duties. A yo-yo, silly putty, Crazy Eights cards, etc don't usually get wrapped. Santa taught me a long time ago that many kids like the joy of just pulling those kind of things out of the stocking without having to unwrap them.

Things like a CD, DVD, etc, I wrap.

14. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Christmasologist MMC Lifer

No wrapping for stocking stuffers!

15. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

I agree with Jeff, although this year St. Nick brought my hubby an Echo Dot & it was wrapped. Hmmm

Maureen likes this.
  16. Maureen

Thanks, guys!!!!

Holiday likes this.
  17. Christmas-A-Holic

Christmas-A-Holic MMC Goodwill Ambassador MMC Lifer MMC Donor Christmas Crew Santa's Elf

I think either idea is great. At our house, treats and gifts inside our stockings are always unwrapped!

MerryLittleTracy, Maureen and Holiday like this.
  18. Kivara

Kivara Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member

I love to wrap gifts...my kids like to unwrap gifts, and I hate wasting those odd bits of wrapping paper I always end up with :D Yep, I wrap everything. If we had a cat, I'd probably wrap that too!