Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Turkey Casserole

Discussion in 'Christmas Food' started by GWarren, Dec 27, 2017.

1. GWarren

GWarren Christmas cookie maker MMC Premiere Member MMC Member

So, we have leftovers. Who doesn't at this time of year? I decided to turn the leftovers into a lovely turkey casserole and it turned out really well. You just take all the leftovers from your Christmas dinner and layer them like shepherd's pie. It was delish.

I mixed cut up turkey with some sautéed onions and celery. Added a can of cream of mushroom soup. That's the bottom layer. Then a layer of roasted brussels sprouts. Then a layer of mashed squash, a layer of cranberry sauce on top, and lastly a layer of stuffing.

We didn't do mashed potatoes this year. They would have been on top if we did.

Bake covered for 45 minutes in a 350F oven and enjoy Christmas dinner again in a whole new way.

Here are the layer from top to bottom:

Stuffing
    Cranberry sauce
    Mashed squash
    Roasted brussels sprouts
    Turkey with mushroom soup

Enjoy!

Bradmac likes this.