turkey day desserts?

elfworks

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 5, 2006
texas
prior to my move from austin to dallas, and my sister's move back to texas from virginia, i usually had tday at my house for me my mom and some friends. my sister has four kids and my little apt isnt big enough for her clan, so tday will be at her house from now on, i guess. she has requested that i do the desserts this year. we will be 20 for dinner. as she will have some houseguests for a week, she has also requested that i do some snackies, too. i have basically decided on the 10 desserts and assorted snacks, but am always keen to hear other peoples favorites.

so, besdies pumpkin and pecan pies, what desserts do you HAVE TO HAVE or it isnt turkey day?

xo

ps. jeff, we need a turkey smilie!!

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
Well, you know me...some See's chocolate Turkeys always garnish the tables (and usually get "carved" by the kids) and small dishes of See's Toffeettes or Mint Truffles are appropriate.

You're in Texas, Elfworks. How can you serve anything else besides Pumpkin or Pecan pies? Especially pecan, if I remember right. Pecan pies only take a back seat to the Cowboys in Texas on Thanksgiving.

Jeff <-- Officially on Turkey Smiley patrol

elfworks

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 5, 2006
texas
well, i AM serving pumpkin and pecan. actually, cinnamon molasses pumpkin and bourbon pecan. just want to hear other ideas.....

and whilst looking for turkey smilies, find some ghosties too!!

xo

elfworks

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 5, 2006
texas
dont make me pull this website over!

.xo

S

sheepsnot

Friends of ours have started us on banana pudding for Thanksgiving. I don't think the holiday matters so much, really. They were over for Guy Fawlkes Day and we ate 'nana pudding then, too. And also for Road Kill Memorial Day, July 16th, etc.

elfworks

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 5, 2006
texas
nanner puddin is a good one!! i could have some nanner puddin right about now!!!

xo

Christy Carol

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Lifer
Oct 3, 2006
Redfield Arkansas
I make pumpkin bread to eat for breakfast and to snack on while we are cooking. I can't think of a certain dessert we fix, I think it just depends on what everyone agrees on beforehand.

E

Ervserver

sheepsnot said:
Friends of ours have started us on banana pudding for Thanksgiving. I don't think the holiday matters so much, really. They were over for Guy Fawlkes Day and we ate 'nana pudding then, too. And also for Road Kill Memorial Day, July 16th, etc.

Good with a pile of Cool Whip on top

ChristmasAngel84

Twinkle Light Checker
MMC Member
Oct 18, 2006
Pittsburgh PA
We never have any other dessert....we always have my mom's homeade Pumpkin Pie(also my fave kind of pie) :smile:

E

Ervserver

Does she have a special recipe or just your basic pumpkin pie? ( which I love )

ChristmasAngel84

Twinkle Light Checker
MMC Member
Oct 18, 2006
Pittsburgh PA
Just ur basic Pumpkin Pie but it's the only Pumpkin Pie I'll eat lol....oh and we top it off with lots of Reddi-Whip :smile:

E

Ervserver

mmm Reddi-whip. As a primer for the pie I take 2 or 3 cans and squirt in my mouth

elfworks

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 5, 2006
texas
decision has been made for official t-day desserts. am baking and taking to sisters:
chocolate chestnut cake
lemon cranberry pound cake
gingerbread trifle
bourbon pecan pie
cinnamon molasses pumpkin pie
buttermilk pie

also making and taking:
cranberry relish
cheesestraws
pears and camembert
sandtarts
gingersnaps
nutmeg snowflakes
cranberry orange sugar cookies
fudge (chocolate and brown sugar)

this is not all just for t-day! she will have 8 houseguests plus her, her hubby and 5 kids for 5 days. we will be 18 for dinner.

xo

ChristmasAngel84

Twinkle Light Checker
MMC Member
Oct 18, 2006
Pittsburgh PA
As a primer for the pie I take 2 or 3 cans and squirt in my mouth

LOL we do that too...we buy like 4 cans...it goes fast here! :smile: :-D :lol:

S

sheepsnot

1. Squirting that stuff in your mouth is gross, unless it's your own private can. Makes nearly any pie EXCELLENT pie.

2. Can I be your sister, EW?

elfworks

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 5, 2006
texas
i will have to check with my mother, sheepies.

i forgot to list the pumpkin bread. man my nephew would kill me if i forgot to bring it!!

xo

elfworks

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 5, 2006
texas
sorry sheep. mother says no. but yall are welcome to toddle on over to tx and join us!!

xo

E

Ervserver

sheepsnot said:
1. Squirting that stuff in your mouth is gross, unless it's your own private can. Makes nearly any pie EXCELLENT pie.

I dont share my cans

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image