Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Event Victorian Christmas at Caro Gingerbread Festival

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by LoiS-sez, Oct 11, 2013.

1. LoiS-sez

LoiS-sez Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member

December 7, Caro, MI 1:30 pm
    Lois Sprengnether Keel presents "The Hired Girl at Victorian Christmas" for the Caro Gingerbread Festival by Caro Area District Library, 840 W. Frank St., 989-673-4329. Discover what was involved in being a "hired girl", Victorian Christmas, and how it shaped the celebration as we know it, as well as stories of the period.

2 people like this.
  2. Meceka

Meceka MMC Associate Editor MMC Lifer MMC Donor Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew 2018 Ornament Exchanger Santa's Elf

This sounds interesting. If I have the time I will check it out!

1 person likes this.
  3. LoiS-sez

LoiS-sez Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member

WOW! That would be great! If you do make the program, please be sure to come up afterwards and let me know. (Before the program I'm a Victorian Hired Girl and would have to say that the only web I know are cobwebs!)

2 people like this.
  4. Meceka

Meceka MMC Associate Editor MMC Lifer MMC Donor Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew 2018 Ornament Exchanger Santa's Elf

Will do!

1 person likes this.