Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Weather Check

Discussion in 'Christmas Together' started by Deo, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Christy Carol

Christy Carol Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer

Oh goodness...that doesn't sound good at all. I really hope they get some power or some heat soon ReineV. Sending good warm thoughts their way.

2. sheepsnot

sheepsnot Guest

Will do. Believe it or not, I was just looking at generators because I heard about the power outages and my folks live about 90 miles due south of Buffalo. No snow yet for them, mind you, but they average more than Buffalo in a normal year. This is bizarre. Exciting, yet dangerous, like asking the wife for a Cindy Crawford poster.

3. Ervserver

Ervserver Guest

on the farm when the juice went out for a long period of time we had to dip buckets into the sump pit and bail out water until the pumps could run. This could go on for hours, even a couple days one time. Where's a camel when ya need one !

:???:

4. sheepsnot

sheepsnot Guest

That's probably why Dad had so many kids. We had a chain of about 10 folks from down in the cellar to the driveway bailing out the house cause the sump pump quit working.

5. Christy Carol

My BF is the youngest of 6. He says his mother finally forced his father to buy a tv.

6. sheepsnot

sheepsnot Guest

Good grief! He makes my dad look like a techno geek! When my sister was home a month or so ago, she convinced dad to watch a dvd with her. When it was over he didn't like the little red light staying on so he pulled the plug and stuffed the dvd player in his dresser and said he'd never watch another one. Wastes electricity!

7. Ervserver

Ervserver Guest

he's got a point

8. dvdelf

dvdelf MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

its expensive to run those red lights

9. Ervserver

Ervserver Guest

During the depression they had to conserve every last drop of electricity

10. sheepsnot

sheepsnot Guest

They all claim not to have had electricity then. Dad conserved static electricity. They's grab a light bulb and roll around on a wool blanket until it was bright enough to see what they were doing.

11. Ervserver

Ervserver Guest

Wool makes me itch, guess I'd have had to use a candle

12. sheepsnot

sheepsnot Guest

You could roll around in matches until the candle gets lit.

13. Ervserver

Ervserver Guest

THAT might work !

:???:

14. Deo

Deo Tinsel Straightener Merry Forums Member

freekin cold!!! 1 C.... but no signs of snow although they told it might fall mixed with a rain... :) Guess it is too early... November hasnt even started yet.... :sad:

15. Ervserver

Ervserver Guest

I love fall and the mix of weather it brings.

16. Christy Carol

I second that. I love walking in the afternoons when it crisp and a little windy. That gets me to moving.

17. Ervserver

Ervserver Guest

Was listening to a radio program today about weather and they said there is a change taking place that happens every 30 years, The midwest and east are about to enter a weather pattern of heavy winter snows simialr to the 60's

18. sheepsnot

sheepsnot Guest

I've read about the 60s. Isn't that when music cds were huge?

19. dominick

dominick MMC Forummaster & Tech Elf Merry Forums Member

Bring on the snow! I want to use my "new" snowblower for something other than destroying a neat pile of leaves.

20. Ervserver

Ervserver Guest

a snowblower? thats cheetin. Shovel