Welcome to Merry Holidays!

What is your favorite holiday after Christmas?

• Valentine's Day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Independence Day

• Other

• Total voters

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
Way back in 1993 I reserved the domain name Merry Holidays.com. Back then, I think I paid more than $100 to register a name. Merry Holidays was the only name I could think of for a website to build around the Santa Updates we were providing for my kids that had become so popular.

I sold the domain name in '96 or '97 after I was able to get the name My Merry Christmas. I came upon Merry Holidays a few years ago and on a sentimental whim I purchased it again (only $8/year these days). Since that time Merry Holidays -- hidden still from the public -- has been a secret project of mine that we will be launching in the coming months. It will have some Christmas on it but, really, the intent of the new Merry Holidays is to focus on all holidays.

Hence these new topics -- kind of a preview of what is yet to come. Besides, I know we all celebrate other specials days besides Christmas. I thought it was time we make room to discuss them!

Jeff

dowload

Mistletoe Hanger
MMC Member
Aug 8, 2005
Medway,Maine
Wow 100$ to register a domain name!! that's crazy. Well I'm excited to hear about the new website.

S

sheepsnot

I wish I had registered Google.com or something like that. Looking forward to branching out. :grin:

elfworks

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 5, 2006
texas
i love em all and keep us posted, jeff, when youre ready to kick off a yr round holidays site!!

xo

elfworks

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 5, 2006
texas
i feel so special!!!!!!!!

xoxox

M

McDLT

I know forums will keep changing, I was just meaning the graphics and such.

I think it's a great idea to have a multi-seasonal forum. It will also be quite active all year!!! :thumbsup:

hmmm - now to start thinking of a better signature and avatar. Maybe I'll change them depending on the season.

Elf Ed Zachary

Minister of Defense of Santa Claus, North Pole
MMC Member
Oct 6, 2004
North Pole
mymerrychristmas.com
McDLT said:
So will this forum change again?

Sheesh, you sound unhappy with it. Why the critical tone? It's Christmas, you dunderhead. Be nice.

Elf Ed Zachary

MMC Member
Oct 6, 2004
North Pole
mymerrychristmas.com
Well, I'm not one to beat around the bush. If Santa allowed me to go around popping people in the kneecaps for being un-Christmas-like I'd do it. Strange to see it in these parts though.

S

sheepsnot

I see Santa cancelled this year's sensitivity classes again.
:p

Elf Ed Zachary

MMC Member
Oct 6, 2004
North Pole
mymerrychristmas.com
sheepsnot said:
I see Santa cancelled this year's sensitivity classes again.
:p

No he didn't. I'm teaching them. Care to sign up?

M

McDLT

Elf Ed Zachary said:
McDLT said:
So will this forum change again?

Sheesh, you sound unhappy with it. Why the critical tone? It's Christmas, you dunderhead. Be nice.

That was rude - I did not mean it that way at all. Did you even read my other post (the one before you called me a name). What ever happened to giving people the benefit of the doubt?? That doesn't sound very Christmassy to me.

M

McDLT

I think maybe I should clarify about my question regarding the forum changing again. First I've been a member of this forum for a while now - I've seen many changes. The reason I was asking was that Jeff had just got this set up and personally I think it's the best one yet and thought it odd to be changing it so soon. So I thought I would ask.

And as I've said before I like the idea of a mulit-seasonal forum.

S

sheepsnot

I think I'd like your version of a sensitivity class. Do you have satellite classrooms or do I need to make the trek north?

elfworks

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 5, 2006
texas
maybe they offer a correspondence course......

:D

xo

E

Ervserver

If everyone had been enjoying an eggnog while reading this thread things would have been more mellow.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image