Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

What’s your preference?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Christmasplease, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

I absolutely love snow Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Just curious, do you prefer a white Christmas? If yes, what timeframe would you like snow?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    DecemberisComing likes this.
  2. prancer

prancer Rudolph's Groomer MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

I would love snow to fall on christmas Eve so it would make it even more a magical christmas....But We did have a white chritmas back in 1995...so having a white christmas this year would be magical since the girls are 8yrs old..Would be a dream come true:snowball

3. DecemberisComing

DecemberisComing Reindeer Pooper Scooper Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

I definitely prefer a White Christmas. Ideally, for my holiday travels and traditions, I would like it to snow 2-3 inches on Dec. 22-23, enough to have the ground covered but time for plows to get the roads cleared for safe travel on the 24th, and then more snow late on the 24th/early Christmas morning to make it a cozy day to stay inside and enjoy it through a window.

Lynn68 and Christmasplease like this.
  4. Mr. Hankey

Mr. Hankey Elf Supervisor MMC Premiere Member

Truth be told, I'm perfectly OK with a "non-white" Christmas. I've spent many Christmases in Southern IL and during most of them there was no snow on the ground. Did not affect the overall vibe of Christmas at all.

And of course it's easier to drive anywhere on snow-free roads. No worrying about winding up in the ditch or the median because of an idiot driver who doesn't know how to properly navigate snowy roads.

5. George Broderick Jr.

George Broderick Jr. North Pole Resident MMC Lifer MMC Partner Christmas Crew

I'd like snow December 21st thru January 8th... then, buh bye!

6. sugarmuffin25

sugarmuffin25 Christmas Fanatic Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

I am a weirdo who loves snow. I'd like snow from November 1st till about the middle of August, then fall can start early. I am NOT a fan of summer, or spring for that matter!

7. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

Wow!

I hate the heat, but I don’t love driving in snow. But I do love how snow can make me think of Christmas, even in February.

Lynn68 likes this.
  8. Lynn68

Lynn68 Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer

I have never experienced anything but a white Christmas...actually that's not true, once when I lived in Toronto, we had no snow until the end of December. But I love a white Christmas, I wish it would snow on Christmas eve and melt the day after the New Year.

9. novelist

novelist Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

I wouldn't mind snow on either Christmas Eve or Christmas day. I rarely happens anymore though.

10. Christmasplease

It’s finny, when I was a kid there was ALWAYS snow by Christmas, not so much anymore. Kind of scary.