Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

what and when was the last xmas film you watched?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by kelly ann, Mar 25, 2009.

1. kelly ann

kelly ann Christmasologist MMC Lifer

I havent seen one in ages, probably because ive just had sky put on. My daughter likes watching The Grinch but to be honest its not one of my favourites. Jim Carrey is really annoying!!

1 person likes this.
  2. trackrebel

trackrebel candy cane hustla MMC Lifer

Rudolph The Rednosed Reindeer (stopmotion movie) yesterday with my daughter

1 person likes this.
  3. YellowSnow

YellowSnow Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer

WOW!
    I probably haven't watched one, beginning to end, since aound New Years. I'll stop and watch a few minutes of the shows I see when flipping through the TV channels. There seems to be a lot Christmas shows being shown by my cable provider (several a week), but I can't seem to fit in watching a whole program.

YS

1 person likes this.
  4. MsChristmas

MsChristmas MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

I watched Mickey's Christmas Carol and Frosty about 2 or 3 weeks ago with my 2 year old son. He loves both of them so much. Im finally starting to get him excited about Easter because he is still singing Christmas songs lol..not that I mind but in public some people look at us like we are crazy..and my husband thinks we are too cheesy I hope I can turn my next son into a Christmas lover as well!

5. VeryWelshXmasLover

VeryWelshXmasLover MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

I watched Christmas with the Kranks about 4 evenings ago lol. Loved it! Great film :D

6. HolidayHoney

HolidayHoney MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

I was channel surfing a couple of nights ago and came upon a Christmas episode of Family Matters, the one where an angel lets Laura see what it would be like to live Eurkels' life...very sweet.

7. Wenceslaus

Wenceslaus MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

IT HAPPENED ON FIFTH AVENUE (1947). This comedy was unavailable for almost twenty years until it was released on DVD last year, but it has a devoted following. Not without reason — it's a charmer.

The story, which moves from autumn through Christmas to New Year's Eve, is about a hobo (Victor Moore) who lives in deserted mansions on New York's 5th Avenue when their owners are down South at their winter residences. This season he befriends a young vet (Don DeFore) who's been displaced from his apartment. They are soon joined by the mansion owner's daughter (Gale Storm), who finds them in her house, but doesn't let on who she is. Next come two other vets and their wives, followed by the owner himself (Charles Ruggles), the 2nd-richest man in America, whom the daughter convinces to pretend to be another bum when he moves in. She also schemes to reconcile her divorced parents by bringing in her mother (Ann Harding) as the cook.

If you like Frank Capra movies like YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU, IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE, or POCKETFUL OF MIRACLES, you'll enjoy this one too. In fact, it was originally a Frank Capra project until he sold the Oscar-nominated story to producer-director Roy Del Ruth. The themes in IT HAPPENED ON FIFTH AVENUE are very much in the Christmas spirit: the characters create a home and an ad hoc family, and through a generosity of spirit help each other solve their problems.

It also introduced the song "That's What Christmas Means to Me", which was later a minor hit for Eddie Fisher.

1 person likes this.
  8. kgstyles

kgstyles Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member

I'm watching Home Alone on ABC Family right now!

9. rodmonster

rodmonster Santa's Personal Trainer Christmas Crew MMC Lifer

10. rodmonster

Hiloday Inn

Pink Panther Christmas
    Home Alone 2
    Hiloday Inn

11. kelly ann

kelly ann Christmasologist MMC Lifer

1 person likes this.
  12. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor Christmas Crew MMC Lifer

The Holiday about a 1 1/2 weeks ago. Going to watch more this weekend with the kids since it will be raining here.

13. Solice

Solice Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

Home Alone

14. Santa's Helper

Santa's Helper MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

Well, I haven't watched a Christmas movie for a while. I recorded Home Alone 2 the other night but, I havn't had a chance to watch it yet. I did however, just watch 2 Christmas episodes of Frasier (Frasier Grinch and Merry Christmas Mrs. Moskowisk (sp?)) and I watched Home Improvement (Twas the Blight before Christmas, I'm Scheming of a White Christmas), I also watched a Christmas episode of WKRP in Cinncinatti, not sure of the title of the episode but, it was when Mr. Carlson was visited by the spirits of Christmas. That's about it for me I'm sure I'll be watching a movie or 2 sometime here in the near future though.

15. singingringingtree

singingringingtree Chestnut Roaster MMC Member

Watched 'Deck The Halls' last month. It's on most days somewhere on Sky Movies at the moment.
    :snowball:

16. Elfmade

Elfmade Christmas Fan MMC Member

I really thought I was the only one who watched all year long. I watched Home Alone the other day on ABC Family. Usually, The Family Stone is in the dvd player so I watch it over and over. Last night, I watched the Christmas episodes of ER Season 1.

17. rodmonster

18. trackrebel

trackrebel candy cane hustla MMC Lifer

it´s getting boring....:D....but we watched Rudolph again today...:D...gotta have my monthly dose of him...lol...I guess that was the last time for now tho...don´t want to wear it out for Kandice...we´ll start watching it again by September I guesss....like always...haha

19. christmas87

christmas87 Santa Clausologist MMC Lifer

The last movie i saw was home alone 2 on abc family.i would like to watch more if they were being showed on tv.

20. Wenceslaus

Wenceslaus MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member