Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

What are you thankful for today?

Discussion in 'Christmas Together' started by Christmasplease, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer MMC Donor Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Talk Alum 2018 Ornament Exchanger Santa's Elf

Hi all, sometimes life gets in the way and we forget some of the things we are very fortunate to have. Sometimes, especially at difficult times, it helps to write down the things we ARE thankful for.

Today I am thankful for the obvious, my family and their health, but also the fact that I am taking a 3 day staycation. Yippeeeeee!!!!!

snowflake22 and Holiday like this.
  2. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

Nice! Enjoy your staycation!!

After a bit of an overwhelming start to my day, I'm thankful for our new puppy Lucy. Of course, I'm always thankful for family & friends, my hubby, a roof over our head with heating & cooling, food on our table, and with the recent events, I'm happy we don't live in the path of hurricanes.

Christmasplease likes this.
  3. angelpugs

angelpugs Christmasologist MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum 2018 Ornament Exchanger

I'm thankful for my family and friends,our health and very thankful for living in the most amazing place and thankful for my very special christmas family here at MMC.-merry-

Holiday and Christmasplease like this.
  4. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer MMC Donor Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Talk Alum 2018 Ornament Exchanger Santa's Elf

I am very thankful for our very special Christmas family also!!!

Holiday likes this.
  5. Rennabelle

Rennabelle Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class MMC Lifer

Most of all I am thankful for my family and friends. Each day I have added things to be thankful for and todays is that there is a chance of rain tomorrow after a long long time of none at all.

6. Christmasplease

I am thankful for the joy I felt in seeing Christmas decorations in Dollerama today!!

Holiday likes this.
  7. novelist

novelist Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

I'm thankful for my family and friends, my health, my wonderful husband of 17 yrs, and our 7 yr old cat Oliver

8. Holiday

This morning as I was (silently) whining about it being Monday & dreading go back to work, I remember a local girl, one of my FB friends who is a couple years younger than me, lost her husband last week to a massive heart attack & he's being laid to rest today. Way too young! They have 1 daughter who is a senior in high school. My day is suddenly amazing & very blessed! I have nothing to whine about!

Christmasplease likes this.
  9. Christmasplease

I'm thankful for all the Christmas hearts on this sight!

Holiday likes this.
  10. Christmasplease

That is so very difficult. Prayers go up for this family.

That leads me to something else I am thankful for. I am thankful that I survived a heart attack.

Holiday likes this.
  11. VictoriaLT

VictoriaLT Christmasologist MMC Lifer

It's sad that way too often it takes a some sort of event in our own life, or life of people we know well, to shake us to the core and make us rethink our values and reconsider our priorities. But you're absolutely right: we get so focused on the details of our daily life that we forget to remember the things that truly matter.

About a month ago, I discussed the similar topic with a very dear friend of mine and at the end of our chat, she sent me a link to a short video. I strongly recommend for everyone to watch it.

Holiday likes this.
  12. Holiday

Awesome video. Thanks for sharing!

Christmasplease and VictoriaLT like this.
  13. Contented

Contented Elf Choir Book Distributor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum 2018 Ornament Exchanger

I'm so thankful for my family,my friends and my cancer free health.

14. Christmasplease

I am thankful for the many loving relationships I have.

Holiday likes this.
  15. Holiday

My BIL's successful (so far xx) hip replacement surgery - and that the pesky mouse was finally caught at moms house last night!!! :p

16. Christmasplease

Congratulations on surgery success!

Holiday likes this.
  17. Christmasplease

I am thankful my life experiences and everything they have taught me.

18. GhostOfChristmasPast

GhostOfChristmasPast Reindeer Pooper Scooper Merry Forums Member

good health

19. sugar142286

sugar142286 North Pole's RN MMC Lifer

Thankful for healthy children