Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

What book are you reading?

Discussion in 'Home & Family' started by xmas365, May 6, 2014.

1. xmas365

xmas365 Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins MMC Lifer

It has never occurred to me to do a thread on books that we are currently reading. I looked through the threads, and there are a lot of Christmas book threads, but couldn't find one on what we are reading.
    The last 8 months I have read a lot of books, mainly because the price of my favorite newspaper went up to $2 a paper.

So if you are reading something, and want to share, here's your chance.

4 people like this.
  2. xmas365

I am currently reading a book called:

"Rebel League:The Short And Unruly Life Of The World Hockey Association" by Ed Willes

It is about the WHA, and the challenge it put up to the NHL during the 1970's. It so far has been an informative and funny book.

4 people like this.
  3. snowflake22

snowflake22 *Harlowe's Mom* MMC Lifer Louann Jeffries Award

Glad you are enjoying it!! Great thread, btw!

I am reading Murder For Halloween by Michelle Slung & Roland Hartman. Made up of many short, spooky stories. Loving it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 people like this.
  4. sugar142286

sugar142286 North Pole's RN MMC Lifer

Great thread, Xmas! So glad you started a thread like this back up. I had done a thread like this probably two years or so ago now, but it lost somewhere out there!

I am currently reading three different books...ha. Two are love stories and one a Christmas story. The Christmas one is: A Christmas Hope by Joseph Pittman, which I am sure will end up a love story in the end.

4 people like this.
  5. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

I have been wanting a thread like this, it's a good way to discover new reads! Thanks Xmas.

I am currently reading The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald and A Hard Day's Write: The Stories Behind Every Beatles Song by Steve Turner.

4 people like this.
  6. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew Santa's Elf

These all sound so interesting!

We have that anthology! It's very good.

I recently finished "The Big Book of Christmas Mysteries," edited by Otto Penzler. It's a huge book of Christmas short stories and novelettes, all mysteries---some suspenseful thrillers, some whodunnits, some funny, some old, some recent---ALL have something to do with Christmas. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys mysteries and/or Christmas stories. I have the Kindle version, and I bought Mr. the book.

4 people like this.
  7. xmas365

I just read that book back in February, it is pretty good. There is another one like that called "Beatlesongs," it actually goes a little deeper into the songs.

3 people like this.
  8. xmas365

I spent close to an hour looking for a thread like this one, trying to make sure it wasn't already done. I may have overlooked it.

3 people like this.
  9. sugar142286

sugar142286 North Pole's RN MMC Lifer

I'm glad you restarted it!!! I haven't posted in it forever and obviously no one else has either. Can't wait for this thread to start back up! Thanks!

3 people like this.
  10. Meceka

Meceka MMC Associate Editor MMC Lifer MMC Donor Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew 2018 Ornament Exchanger Santa's Elf

Here is the link to your thread.

4 people like this.
  11. Meceka

Meceka MMC Associate Editor MMC Lifer MMC Donor Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew 2018 Ornament Exchanger Santa's Elf

Currently reading:

"The Butter Did It" ~ Phyllis Richman
    "The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Sixties" ~ Jonathan Leaf
    "Laughter is the Spice of Life"
    "Vinegar, Duct Tape, Milk Jugs & More"
    "Square Foot Gardening"

2 people like this.
  12. Yuletide Junkie

Yuletide Junkie Christmasologist MMC Lifer MMC Donor MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger

Biting Cold

3 people like this.
  13. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew Santa's Elf

... The Story of the Winter of 2013-14!

(Just kidding!)

3 people like this.
  14. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Christmasologist MMC Lifer

Four Friends by Robyn Carr

2 people like this.
  15. Billy Battles

Billy Battles Santa's Doppelganger MMC Lifer MMC Donor

For the Last few months I have been rereading my favorite book series "The Dark Tower" by Stephen King. I am on the 7 and last book entitled "The Dark Tower". The series is different than a lot of the other stuff he has written. Yet most of his other works tie into the series.

2 people like this.
  16. Christmasstar

Christmasstar one Crazy Canadian ! MMC Lifer

All Creatures Great and Small by Jame Herriot

3 people like this.
  17. xmas365

I finished "The Rebel League..." last night, and started "Pirate Latitudes" by Michael Crichton this morning. (I have always liked Michael Crichton's books)

2 people like this.
  18. VictoriaLT

VictoriaLT Christmasologist MMC Lifer

What? Why I haven't seen this thread before? Unbelievable! I am in never ending relationship with books. :>

I am now reading Lithuanian translation of 'Mira si yo te querré' by Luis Leante. (I believe it is 'See how much I love you' in English). I love it so far. It's a good book to get to know a history of war between Spain and Morocco, and the lifestyle of people living in the Sahara.

2 people like this.
  19. Meceka

I love that book. I don't keep many books that I have read, but Herriot's books I do. Enjoy!

2 people like this.
  20. Meceka

Since I last posted, I finished "The Butter Did It" and "Blackberry Pie Murder".

Currently reading:

"The Scent of Jasmine" ~ Jude Deveraux
    "The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Sixties" ~ Jonathan Leaf
    "Laughter is the Spice of Life"
    "Vinegar, Duct Tape, Milk Jugs & More"
    "Square Foot Gardening"
    "Aunt Bee's Mayberry Cookbook"

3 people like this.