What book are you reading?

xmas365

Wants to build the second castle on the left
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
It has never occurred to me to do a thread on books that we are currently reading. I looked through the threads, and there are a lot of Christmas book threads, but couldn't find one on what we are reading.
The last 8 months I have read a lot of books, mainly because the price of my favorite newspaper went up to $2 a paper.

So if you are reading something, and want to share, here's your chance.

Reactions: 4 people

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
I am currently reading a book called:

"Rebel League:The Short And Unruly Life Of The World Hockey Association" by Ed Willes

It is about the WHA, and the challenge it put up to the NHL during the 1970's. It so far has been an informative and funny book.

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Glad you are enjoying it!! Great thread, btw!

I am reading Murder For Halloween by Michelle Slung & Roland Hartman. Made up of many short, spooky stories. Loving it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 5 people

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Great thread, Xmas! So glad you started a thread like this back up. I had done a thread like this probably two years or so ago now, but it lost somewhere out there!

I am currently reading three different books...ha. Two are love stories and one a Christmas story. The Christmas one is: A Christmas Hope by Joseph Pittman, which I am sure will end up a love story in the end.

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
I have been wanting a thread like this, it's a good way to discover new reads! Thanks Xmas.

I am currently reading The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald and A Hard Day's Write: The Stories Behind Every Beatles Song by Steve Turner.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
These all sound so interesting!

I am reading Murder For Halloween by Michelle Slung & Roland Hartman. Made up of many short, spooky stories. Loving it.
We have that anthology! It's very good.

I recently finished "The Big Book of Christmas Mysteries," edited by Otto Penzler. It's a huge book of Christmas short stories and novelettes, all mysteries---some suspenseful thrillers, some whodunnits, some funny, some old, some recent---ALL have something to do with Christmas. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys mysteries and/or Christmas stories. I have the Kindle version, and I bought Mr. the book.

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
A Hard Day's Write: The Stories Behind Every Beatles Song by Steve Turner.[/COLOR]
I just read that book back in February, it is pretty good. There is another one like that called "Beatlesongs," it actually goes a little deeper into the songs.

Reactions: 3 people

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Great thread, Xmas! So glad you started a thread like this back up. I had done a thread like this probably two years or so ago now, but it lost somewhere out there!
I spent close to an hour looking for a thread like this one, trying to make sure it wasn't already done. I may have overlooked it.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
I spent close to an hour looking for a thread like this one, trying to make sure it wasn't already done. I may have overlooked it.

I'm glad you restarted it!!! I haven't posted in it forever and obviously no one else has either. Can't wait for this thread to start back up! Thanks!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan

I am currently reading three different books...ha. Two are love stories and one a Christmas story. The Christmas one is: A Christmas Hope by Joseph Pittman, which I am sure will end up a love story in the end.

Here is the link to your thread.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Currently reading:

"The Butter Did It" ~ Phyllis Richman
"The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Sixties" ~ Jonathan Leaf
"Laughter is the Spice of Life"
"Vinegar, Duct Tape, Milk Jugs & More"
"Square Foot Gardening"

Reactions: 2 people

SnowflakeMom

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Four Friends by Robyn Carr

Billy Battles

Santa's Doppelganger
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Jul 12, 2007
On Santas good list(Hopefully)
For the Last few months I have been rereading my favorite book series "The Dark Tower" by Stephen King. I am on the 7 and last book entitled "The Dark Tower". The series is different than a lot of the other stuff he has written. Yet most of his other works tie into the series.

VictoriaLT

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Sep 15, 2012
Vilnius, Lithuania
viktorijandz01.tumblr.com
What? Why I haven't seen this thread before? Unbelievable! I am in never ending relationship with books. :>

I am now reading Lithuanian translation of 'Mira si yo te querré' by Luis Leante. (I believe it is 'See how much I love you' in English). I love it so far. It's a good book to get to know a history of war between Spain and Morocco, and the lifestyle of people living in the Sahara.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Since I last posted, I finished "The Butter Did It" and "Blackberry Pie Murder".

Currently reading:

"The Scent of Jasmine" ~ Jude Deveraux
"The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Sixties" ~ Jonathan Leaf
"Laughter is the Spice of Life"
"Vinegar, Duct Tape, Milk Jugs & More"
"Square Foot Gardening"
"Aunt Bee's Mayberry Cookbook"