MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Went to the closest Walmart to me and they were out of tuna; the grocery store at the other end of town had a good supply in stock. There seemed to be the same amount of people out and about.

Reactions: Rich

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Cases in Utah jumped from 52 to 63. The first two cases were diagnosed in our county of just 100,000 people.

The earthquakes have caused some to come a bit unhinged. It's been a day of cruel rumors. Someone on the radio said FEMA warned of a 9.0 quake that would hit within a few hours of the original tremblor, which is, of course, ridiculous.

I heard from all my Salt Lake kids today, trying to calm them down. Nerves have been flayed already but this earthquake could not have come at a worse time. I totally relate to how out of control you feel things are. It messes with your head.

All are well, however. And we have a plan in place. Just need to keep cool and help everyone think through things rationally.
So glad all are well and that you have a plan in place!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
We just got back from the grocery store. Pints of ice cream ... gone. Comfort food, I guess. Plenty of pies and cakes, but not much ice cream. Bread is back, hooray!

Reactions: Rich and made582

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Latest Michigan update has 336 confirmed cases and 3 deaths.

KimB

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Member
Premiere Member
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
I had a long talk with my Dad last night. I'm so bothered. He spent most of his day yesterday out in stores, looking for toilet paper.

My father and his dear wife go through so much of it, due to their condition. Easily two of those big Costco cases a week, he tells me. So he's very very concerned. He was out nine hours going store to store.

It breaks my heart to think of him out there like that. Not to mention how dangerous that is. If he gets this thing it'll kill him. He's on chemo, he's got two bad knees and the Church brings in meals three days a week. I had to address some really tough things with him yesterday.

I've got all my kids and my brother and his kids trying to find what they need so they feel they don't have to go out.

This is really bothering me.
Dear Lord, Jeff. Is it possible for him to buy a bidet toilet seat and have it installed? I have one and it even dries me off. I rarely use TP and have had it for four years. It would probably pay for itself in less than a year with that much TP use.

Jeff Westover

Chief Santa Tracker
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
Dear Lord, Jeff. Is it possible for him to buy a bidet toilet seat and have it installed? I have one and it even dries me off. I rarely use TP and have had it for four years. It would probably pay for itself in less than a year with that much TP use.
They have them installed in both bathrooms and have had them for some time. Unfortunately, due to their nature of their health issues they require a lot of TP, disinfectant, wipes, etc.

Getting older is not fun.

I so appreciate your prayers!

Reactions: KimB

KimB

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Member
Premiere Member
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
Latest update from my ALS care team at Mayo Clinic:

"There is no way to predict how many cases are in the State of Florida. Many places still do not have test kits, many people do not seek medical attention if their symptoms are not bad, and there are still an unknown number of people going around asymptomatic. We request you regard every person you get near a potential carrier until further notice."

I was advised to take my temperature every morning and every evening and call my doctor immediately if it is above 99. My normal temperature ranges from 96-97 and always has. My doctor called in a 90-day supply of all my prescriptions.

Meanwhile, kids out of school are still flooding our beaches. The lifeguard union recommended closing down all beaches in our County. I hope they do. I only go out to get some sun and float in the outdoor pool when nobody else is in it. It's the only way I can get pain-free range of motion.

Publix has started dedicating early hours to 60 and over or people with disabilities. Good.

Most of my supplies were stocked long before the outbreak. I decided to get some bottled water just in case we have a storm that knocks the power out and it'll be on hand for hurricane season which, because of climate change, is predicted to be bad.

I'm not an alarmist nor am I a scared person. I have a terminal illness that is progressing slowly, thank the Lord. I'm very scared for my brother who has alzheimer's. He and his wife are old and they live alone about 20 minutes from here. They are used to living in a tiny Village in upstate NY where people look after each other. He doesn't drive and she is 78 and has her own health issues. My brother has been coming down for Winters since 2010 and, before I got sick, I cared for him. He has had pneumonia twice and the flu twice during the time I was looking out for him. He has Lupus, now Alzheimer's. Please keep him and his wife in your prayers.

shrcpark

Reindeer Feeder Technician
MMC Member
Premiere Member
Jun 15, 2018
I live in South Jersey and this is what is happening in my area:

- Triage tents have been set up at a local medical park for the influx of corona virus cases (thank the Lord, we have only had 1 in our county)
- We have a curfew of 8pm. All business and people are asked to be home at that time unless they are traveling home from work or are essential personnel.
- The food stores are out of a lot of paper products and some staple foods. They are allowing people with health issues shop the first two hours of opening. Also, the 24 hour stores are limiting their hours as well.
- All of the schools are closed for 2-6 weeks, depending on the school district. All the kids are working on their schoolwork online.
- Most of the county workforce are working from home unless they are in the medical field or work at a local business.
- Many people on my block are checking up with each other and barter items they may need.
- All school related sports and community sports seasons have been delayed until further notice.
- People that can self quarantine.
- I have been praying for a lot of people and situations this past week. I will continue to pray for safety. I have had peace about the corona virus. Our family has about 2-3 weeks worth of food and will visit the food store if need be.

Please be safe everyone. I will be praying for all.

e_xander

Executive Producer, Tracking Santa
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
www.kringleradio.com
They announced the first confirmed case in my county and the first death due to COVID-19 in the state of WI yesterday. Knew it was only a matter of time before it hit close to home for me. I'm fighting allergies right now which is making me cough to clear my lungs of junk. Not a good thing with the pandemic going on. Other than that, personally I'm good and so is my family. Had to spend the step-daughter's 18th birthday with a video chat with her family. Not the way we had planned to spend her 18th birthday, but we made due with what we had. Thank God for technology. Both my daughter and step-daughter are in their senior years of HS. Not the way they wanted to end their HS years. Both are bummed about graduation and the most likely cancellation of it.

The university I work at is a ghost town, as it should be, but the chancellor has not committed to cancelling all face to face classes for the rest of the semester. As of now, they are planning on resuming those classes on April 20th. Not much for work orders here with everyone gone. Guess it's time to clean shop.

I'm getting a FEMA card and have a letter stating that I'm allowed to travel if there is ever a local travel ban for the radio station. The letter is only allowing me to go to the radio station if needed. The perks of being in radio.

My church has gone to online worship. We stream our services on YouTube and are now limiting who is all at church to the pastor, me (I run the streaming gear) and 2 of our modern praise team. Our intern pastor edited a previous Wednesday service with a message from our pastor for our last Wednesday service (our first one to me only online) and it has gotten the most views we ever had. We have the Holden Evening Prayer Service on Wednesdays in Lent so the editing was made easier.

New times for us all. It's a struggle having to adjust to new norms, but I'm thankful for my health, family and my MMC family. I'm praying for everyone to come out of these terrible times as unscathed as possible. I worry about everyone, so please, stay safe and have faith that we will get through this.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Latest update from my ALS care team at Mayo Clinic:

"There is no way to predict how many cases are in the State of Florida. Many places still do not have test kits, many people do not seek medical attention if their symptoms are not bad, and there are still an unknown number of people going around asymptomatic. We request you regard every person you get near a potential carrier until further notice."

I was advised to take my temperature every morning and every evening and call my doctor immediately if it is above 99. My normal temperature ranges from 96-97 and always has. My doctor called in a 90-day supply of all my prescriptions.

Meanwhile, kids out of school are still flooding our beaches. The lifeguard union recommended closing down all beaches in our County. I hope they do. I only go out to get some sun and float in the outdoor pool when nobody else is in it. It's the only way I can get pain-free range of motion.

Publix has started dedicating early hours to 60 and over or people with disabilities. Good.

Most of my supplies were stocked long before the outbreak. I decided to get some bottled water just in case we have a storm that knocks the power out and it'll be on hand for hurricane season which, because of climate change, is predicted to be bad.

I'm not an alarmist nor am I a scared person. I have a terminal illness that is progressing slowly, thank the Lord. I'm very scared for my brother who has alzheimer's. He and his wife are old and they live alone about 20 minutes from here. They are used to living in a tiny Village in upstate NY where people look after each other. He doesn't drive and she is 78 and has her own health issues. My brother has been coming down for Winters since 2010 and, before I got sick, I cared for him. He has had pneumonia twice and the flu twice during the time I was looking out for him. He has Lupus, now Alzheimer's. Please keep him and his wife in your prayers.
Your brother and his wife are in my prayers. xx

Iteachpercussion

Sugar Cookie Tester
Santa's Elf
Premiere Member
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Ohio has about 120 confirmed cases now, but that number is sure to jump soon with increased testing. My county has one death believed to be COVID-19. That was in the assisted living facility. At that same facility there are 2 confirmed cases and 9 presumptive cases. Some of those are staff members there, so it is likely that they have spread it outside of the facility as well, without knowing it of course.

My wife and I ran over to H&R Block to finish our taxes this morning. The office is limiting the number of people who can be in there for appointments. My wife is back down at her dad's house going through more stuff today. She hopes to be done after today. That will allow the estate sale folks to come in and do their work on Monday

I doubt I will leave the house the rest of the day. Maybe to go out for a walk if the rain stays away. Getting some fresh air now and then is important too. I have spent the last couple of hours doing some cleaning around the house that often does not get done.

Stay safe everyone

Reactions: SnowflakeMom

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Good morning/afternoon MMC friends..Quick update on the situation in the UK...4,070 confirmed cases of corona virus and 177 have sadly died..My thoughts and prayers go out to family's that have lost loved ones...All pubs,theatres and restaurants are closed in the UK until the foreseeable future.

Iteachpercussion

Sugar Cookie Tester
Santa's Elf
Premiere Member
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
It looks like Ohio is up to 3 deaths, though 2 are not confirmed to be the virus yet.
The assisted living facility that is dealing with the spread looks to be more infected than originally thought. While they had 9 presumptive cases, it looks like the number is 30 now. They are awaiting testing results to come back to be sure.

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Big jump today. We’re up to 126 cases and 3 deaths now. First confirmed case in a resident of my county too.

B4C52F95-B1D3-4C2A-BF84-2E6366FB6405.png

Reactions: SnowflakeMom

Minta

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
So there is a news report that a NJ man with a suspected case of coronavirus is being treated with an anti-malaria drug and he is recovering quickly. I hope that this is a medication that can treat the victims of this virus.

ponytramp

Fruit Cake Baker
MMC Member
Sep 21, 2019
new england
So there is a news report that a NJ man with a suspected case of coronavirus is being treated with an anti-malaria drug and he is recovering quickly. I hope that this is a medication that can treat the victims of this virus.

I had heard that they were using anti-malaria drugs but hadn't heard yet whether or not it had been successful.

Thanks Minta for giving us such much needed good news. :)

Reactions: Minta

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Another 75 cases here to raise the total to 201. We’ve went from only 300 tested to almost 1,500.

E447C6C6-BD3D-4D15-AB75-E3EFE993733A.png

Our news stations have started having some of their reporters and even their meteorologists report from home.