MMC What Coronavirus Means for Christmas

Minta

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
NJ is up to over 1300 cases, most still in the north part of the state. All non essential businesses have been ordered to close. DD and DH received their essential employee letters in case they get stopped while traveling to and from work. I should be getting mine soon.

Spent most of the weekend watching Christmas movies on the hallmark channel. We play board games with the kids last night since DD didn't have to work.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Same old, same old here. More stores are closing their doors to onsite shoppers and allowing only curbside pickup of online orders. You pretty much have to check online or call ahead if you're planning to buy something somewhere.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Over 500 confirmed cases and 8 deaths in Michigan. The governor has ordered all nonessential medical and dental procedures to be canceled and all spas, hair salons, tanning salons, and tattoo parlors to be closed.

There is one case in the county I live in, an 88 year-old man with no history of travel.

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Good afternoon/evening MMC friends...Quick update on the situation from the UK...5,683 confirmed cases of corona virus and 281 have sadly died of the virus...Please be safe and stay healthy my MMC friends.

Reactions: SnowflakeMom

Iteachpercussion

Sugar Cookie Tester
Santa's Elf
Premiere Member
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Add Ohio to the list of state with s true Stay at Home order. Ours goes into effect Monday night at 11:59PM. In truth, very little changes as a result. Most non-essential businesses were already told to close, but this makes it official. Also, this now limits travel.
The order is currently until April 6th, which is the same day that schools are technically scheduled to go back. I really do not think schools will be going back, at that time, or probably at all for the year; but we will see.
As with everywhere else, things are changing quickly and not really for the better.

tbutler

Tim Butler, North Pole IT Consultant
MMC Member
Premiere Member
Sep 1, 2010
Add Ohio to the list of state with s true Stay at Home order. Ours goes into effect Monday night at 11:59PM. In truth, very little changes as a result. Most non-essential businesses were already told to close, but this makes it official. Also, this now limits travel.
The order is currently until April 6th, which is the same day that schools are technically scheduled to go back. I really do not think schools will be going back, at that time, or probably at all for the year; but we will see.
As with everywhere else, things are changing quickly and not really for the better.
We are expecting that the governor here in Michigan is going to order a mandatory lock down later this morning. Not happy about that. The numbers nationwide are starting to show improvements and definitely trending in the right direction. Not saying we are out of the woods yet, but the measures already taken are having a positive effect. (Here’s the site that I’m using to track numbers of diagnosed cases and - unfortunately - numbers of deaths: https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en -> That covers US and Canada only.)

Reactions: Rich

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
We’re up to 259. 3 in my county. 110 in Indianapolis. 6 confirmed deaths now.

C2CB1B7F-038F-4B57-81BF-5312A59702CA.png

Eli Lilly opened up their drive thru testing station today for medical workers that need to get tested.

Reactions: Rich

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Our governor just issued a stay at home order starting tomorrow until April 7th for now. He’s also threatening to yank the food and beverage permits from any restaurant not abiding by the take out only order issued last week.

Reactions: ponytramp

Rich

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Donor
Premiere Member
Sep 23, 2010
South of the North Pole ( Middle Georgia, USA)
We are expecting that the governor here in Michigan is going to order a mandatory lock down later this morning. Not happy about that. The numbers nationwide are starting to show improvements and definitely trending in the right direction. Not saying we are out of the woods yet, but the measures already taken are having a positive effect. (Here’s the site that I’m using to track numbers of diagnosed cases and - unfortunately - numbers of deaths: https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en -> That covers US and Canada only.)
Thanks for the link. I like the many ways they present the data. But I really am looking forward to the day all these websites are no longer needed.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Just saw online that the order was issued.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Massachusetts has issued a stay at home advisory.
For now it's for two weeks.
Specifically, non-essential businesses in Mass. are to close by noon tomorrow and remain closed until noon of April 7. The governor's order identifies which businesses are essential (mostly food-related and infrastructure-related).

Iteachpercussion

Sugar Cookie Tester
Santa's Elf
Premiere Member
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
No big changes here in Ohio, other is a bunch of new confirmed cases. In my area, another assisted living facility has several active cases.

The stay at home order begin tonight.

ballcoach

Santa Clausologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
They closed hair salons, nail salons, and massage parlors today. Like...really? It is going to take more than that. Our governor is really trying to pamper this along for the sake of our state's economy. He better get with it.

Reactions: made582

tbutler

MMC Member
Premiere Member
Sep 1, 2010
Just saw online that the order was issued.
Yup. Well, it’s done. All we can do is hope it’s for the best and hope that this crisis will be over soon. Look at the bright side - by Christmas, we should all be a lot happier!

tbutler

MMC Member
Premiere Member
Sep 1, 2010
Thanks for the link. I like the many ways they present the data. But I really am looking forward to the day all these websites are no longer needed.
Yeah, I do like that one because there are some interesting ways to interact with the data. As for your final thought - AMEN!!!!