• We've noticed you use an adblocker. Ads support the operation of the Merry Forums and add to Santa's Sleigh, our little effort to help families in need at Christmas. Please disable your adblocker and register to join the Merry Forums.

MMC What Coronavirus Means for Christmas

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
They closed hair salons, nail salons, and massage parlors today. Like...really? It is going to take more than that. Our governor is really trying to pamper this along for the sake of our state's economy. He better get with it.
I think those and clothing stores were the only things deemed non essential by our governor today.

9C676A04-ED7D-4D31-97BC-FE8C9A151C93.jpeg

When you look at the larger breakdown of these, it includes basically everything.

Reactions: SnowflakeMom

Christmasplease

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Aug 9, 2015
Canada
Hi all, I hope everyone is ok. I honestly can’t keep track of all the numbers anymore. Every day the numbers go up. Ontario is right there at the top. Ontario already declared a State of Emergency, and now Toronto has. It’s like a ghost town. I’ve been watching Hallmarks Christmas movies for a break from everything. Thank you Hallmark!!

I’m praying, and trusting in God, because that’s how I cope. I am alone now because everyone is afraid to come near me, for fear of somehow infecting me. It’s is my bday on the 25th and my kids said we will have a big celebration when things calm down. My best friend was in tears because she didn’t want me to be alone on my bday. Truthfully, I worry about all of THEM because they still had to work, and could not self isolate as early as I would have liked.

Anyway, let’s just keep doing our part, and remember we have each other. I’m praying for all of you!

Take care and be safe everyone!

Rich

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Donor
Premiere Member
Sep 23, 2010
South of the North Pole ( Middle Georgia, USA)
You honestly cannot tell there's a pandemic where I live. About 120,000 residents in the greater area. Other than Walmart's shelves looking very bare and no meat. Not many businesses have closed. People are shopping just like they always do. The traffic is the same. Factories are still running. I don't get it. I just don't get it.

Reactions: ballcoach

ballcoach

Santa Clausologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Same here. I have left my house twice since last Thursday and we are not under a stay home order. Both of those trips was to grocery store. I have enough food that I won't be going out at all this week.

Our state (and nation) need to get more serious about this...IMO.

Reactions: Rich and ponytramp

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Good morning/afternoon MMC friends...Well UK is finally on lockdown for 3 weeks...You are only allowed to go out once a day for essential food supplies or exercise...caught not keeping to the rules their will be on the spot fines starting at £30...please stay safe and healthy MMC friends.

Reactions: Rich and ponytramp

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Quick update on the situation in the UK...8,077 Confirmed cases of Corona virus and sadly 422 have died of the virus...My thoughts and prayers to the familys that have lost loved ones..

Reactions: Rich

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Hi all, I hope everyone is ok. I honestly can’t keep track of all the numbers anymore. Every day the numbers go up. Ontario is right there at the top. Ontario already declared a State of Emergency, and now Toronto has. It’s like a ghost town. I’ve been watching Hallmarks Christmas movies for a break from everything. Thank you Hallmark!!

I’m praying, and trusting in God, because that’s how I cope. I am alone now because everyone is afraid to come near me, for fear of somehow infecting me. It’s is my bday on the 25th and my kids said we will have a big celebration when things calm down. My best friend was in tears because she didn’t want me to be alone on my bday. Truthfully, I worry about all of THEM because they still had to work, and could not self isolate as early as I would have liked.

Anyway, let’s just keep doing our part, and remember we have each other. I’m praying for all of you!

A Happy Birthday to you!
You remain in my prayers, Christmasplease! xx

Reactions: ponytramp

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
I took a drive out to the Amish store this morning and picked up a few more fresh items. There’s nothing like fresh bread and chocolate glazed peanut butter cream filled donuts to get you through a quarantine. It was good to see they all had masks on and were only allowing 5 people in the store at a time. Traffic was definitely heavy though and every regular store I passed was packed.

Reactions: ballcoach and Rich

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012

Hello Christmasplease...Wish you a happy birthday tomorrow my friend...stay safe and healthy.

Reactions: ponytramp

Iteachpercussion

Sugar Cookie Tester
Santa's Elf
Premiere Member
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Ohio is now up to 564 confirmed cases and 8 deaths. However, a few other deaths are under investigation as virus caused deaths. There is no doubt Ohio's numbers are much higher in terms of cases, but the majority of testing is occurring in the Cleveland area.
They are still saying that we will not see the peak until around the first part of May!

Reactions: Rich

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Cases of infection increased by half overnight in Mass. About 1,100 cases and 11 deaths. Dozens of healthcare workers, including doctors and nurses, have tested positive. Keep praying, everyone.

Reactions: KimB and Rich

Rich

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Donor
Premiere Member
Sep 23, 2010
South of the North Pole ( Middle Georgia, USA)

ballcoach

Santa Clausologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017

I'm sorry you had to spend your birthday alone. Not fair. I appreciate you saying let's just keep doing our part. It is so important.

Also, I know we all come for a little bit of Christmas cheer throughout the year, but I also hope yall know how much that sight means to all of us....right now. It is one of the only places where we can come and be happy.

Reactions: ponytramp and Rich

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
112 new cases and my county doubled

7A569024-2E01-4D9E-9A10-D5CF864FFA58.png
29BA4EB5-1E12-4CB3-A1B4-BA6064BB7B4B.png

Christmasplease

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Aug 9, 2015
Canada
I'm sorry you had to spend your birthday alone. Not fair. I appreciate you saying let's just keep doing our part. It is so important.

Also, I know we all come for a little bit of Christmas cheer throughout the year, but I also hope yall know how much that sight means to all of us....right now. It is one of the only places where we can come and be happy.
Thank you. And this truly is a magical site!!

Reactions: ponytramp and Rich