Mid-Michigan
Reactions: ponytramp

Reindeer Herder

Chestnut Roaster
MMC Member
Premiere Member
Sep 17, 2019
Maryland
Well, my daughter works in an urban medical clinic here in Maryland. She checks in/interviews patients and is truly on the "frontlines" of this virus scare. The stress levels are really starting to ramp up at all levels among the folks she works with and it's telling just how exhausted they all are from the stress. If you believe, please make sure to include all the medicos and their families in your prayers.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Well, my daughter works in an urban medical clinic here in Maryland. She checks in/interviews patients and is truly on the "frontlines" of this virus scare. The stress levels are really starting to ramp up at all levels among the folks she works with and it's telling just how exhausted they all are from the stress. If you believe, please make sure to include all the medicos and their families in your prayers.
Consider it done!

DecemberisComing

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Member
Premiere Member
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
W
Will do!

Christmasplease

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Aug 9, 2015
Canada
Definitely!!!!!

ballcoach

Santa Clausologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
I can't imagine. As a school superintendent, February 19 through March 15 was so emotionally draining. You knew what was coming...you could see everything spreading like wildfire. We had meetings, planned, and tried to get ahead of this....and it wore us out. Last week, trying to feed all of the kids that we knew wasn't getting meals....it wore on us.

We did this while being able to distance ourself from the virus (more than likely) and it still just exhausted about 10 or 15 or our leadership people. I CAN'T IMAGINE BEING AN A HOSPITAL OR THE MEDICAL FIELD...I bet it is 1000 times worse.

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
167 new cases here. Hot spot is still around Indy.

59532C2E-3DA5-44DC-853D-717F9B0F1EF7.png

049F008A-D967-4128-B25C-47AA8B0F10CE.png

Iteachpercussion

Sugar Cookie Tester
Santa's Elf
Premiere Member
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Ohio's new numbers:
867 Confirmed cases
15 deaths

I just back from the grocery store, I needed to pick up some medication and went ahead and picked up some more groceries. The store was pretty well stocked and they were not very busy at all. The TP was low, but there was some available. The only thing on my list I could not get was pillsbury biscuits. The frozen food aisles were low, but not empty. Plenty of fresh foods though. It was also nice, my dad was sitting in the parking lot so I got to see him for a few minutes. We talked on the phone recently but I had not seen him for a little while.

It is so strange on a day like today. Nothing what all is going on, but the weather is truly wonderful day. There is such a stark difference between everything. Very strange feeling.

Everyone have a great day!

Reactions: Rich

ponytramp

Fruit Cake Baker
MMC Member
Sep 21, 2019
new england
I went for a walk to enjoy the nice weather and to get out of the house. It felt like a weekend with so many cars in the driveways and people out in their yards or out walking.

It also got me wondering. For the people who have pets. The pets who are used to having the house to themselves all day. This must be an adjustment for them too. Then on the flip side when their owners are able to go back to work it will be an adjustment for the pets to be all alone again.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I went for a walk to enjoy the nice weather and to get out of the house. It felt like a weekend with so many cars in the driveways and people out in their yards or out walking.

It also got me wondering. For the people who have pets. The pets who are used to having the house to themselves all day. This must be an adjustment for them too. Then on the flip side when their owners are able to go back to work it will be an adjustment for the pets to be all alone again.
You're right, I've never seen so many people in the neighborhood going out to take a walk. And at least half of them are walking with dogs. (I'd be out there walking too if I weren't working from home long hours!)

I saw a video of an annoyed cat yowling at his/her owners---as if to say, "Why are you still hanging around the house?? Can't I have a little privacy?" But dogs seem to be loving having their people at home all day.

Reactions: Rich and ponytramp

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Good afternoon/evening MMC friends...Quick update from the UK...11,658 have tested positive for the corona virus and sadly 584 have died of the virus...Thats an increase of 119 deaths in 24hrs...Please stay safe and healthy MMC friends.

Reactions: Rich