MMC What Coronavirus Means for Christmas

KimB

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Member
Premiere Member
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
I posted in another thread that I've been running a fever for 4 or 5 days. I don't get sick, only two colds in the past 20 years and never had the flu. So far, this is mild and I'm taking extra zinc and Vitamin C and drinking tons of water. I'm not coughing and really not sure what to do, having ALS. My breathing numbers are pretty good, considering. I'm exhausted. I did take a shower today and it helped my sore body. The drugstore can deliver my prescriptions and I'm stocked up on all the essentials. I have a bidet toilet seat so TP is not an issue for me. I do have lots of Lysol wipes and paper towels that I always keep on stock. Extra bleach and hand sanitizer that I always keep on hand.

I look out the window and all these very elderly people are in the pool, not keeping their distance. Our beach is still open.

I'm still counting my blessings because at least I can still walk, talk, and move around. I have a BiPap (non-invasive ventilator) and a cough assist machine that I really don't need but my RT ordered it last year.

I'm counting on my immune system to get me through this by God's grace.

Florida is one of the more backward states as regards just about everything. No leadership from our Governor so each city is doing its own thing, pretty much. Just in the past two days has he shown his face and made some decisions.

Please be careful. It is out there and we do not have enough test kits to really know how bad it is.

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
I posted in another thread that I've been running a fever for 4 or 5 days. I don't get sick, only two colds in the past 20 years and never had the flu. So far, this is mild and I'm taking extra zinc and Vitamin C and drinking tons of water. I'm not coughing and really not sure what to do, having ALS. My breathing numbers are pretty good, considering. I'm exhausted. I did take a shower today and it helped my sore body. The drugstore can deliver my prescriptions and I'm stocked up on all the essentials. I have a bidet toilet seat so TP is not an issue for me. I do have lots of Lysol wipes and paper towels that I always keep on stock. Extra bleach and hand sanitizer that I always keep on hand.

I look out the window and all these very elderly people are in the pool, not keeping their distance. Our beach is still open.

I'm still counting my blessings because at least I can still walk, talk, and move around. I have a BiPap (non-invasive ventilator) and a cough assist machine that I really don't need but my RT ordered it last year.

Florida is one of the more backward states as regards just about everything. No leadership from our Governor so each city is doing its own thing, pretty much. Just in the past two days has he shown his face and made some decisions.

Please be careful. It is out there and we do not have enough test kits to really know how bad it is.

My prayers will keep flowing for you, Kim.

Reactions: KimB and Rich

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
We’ve kinda settled in that 2 to 3 hundred new cases a day range right now. 36585F18-535C-4644-B5DB-A80955FD994B.jpeg

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Associated Press

Sun, 29 Mar 2020 07:22:33 EDT

President Donald Trump has approved a major disaster declaration for Michigan amid the coronavirus pandemic. The declaration provides additional money to address the outbreak as a top health official warned that the situation in Detroit will worsen. Michigan officials also reported Saturday 19 additional virus-related deaths nearly 1,000 new confirmed cases. Michigan now has 4,650 cases and at least 111 deaths, the vast majority in the Detroit area. The White House announcement follows a sometimes bitter back-and-forth between Trump and Gov. Gretchen Whitmer. Michigan's Democratic governor had sought funds to set up field hospitals and help provide food and housing to people affected by the virus.

SnowflakeMom

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut

Sending prayers, Kim..

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
It’s probably not a good thing when the surgeon general links you with these other cities.
6C43A1C2-3A70-4C19-B97A-F5659AA3A4EA.png

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Update in Michigan:

5,486 cases
132 deaths

Reactions: Rich

Iteachpercussion

Sugar Cookie Tester
Santa's Elf
Premiere Member
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Ohio numbers:
1653 confirmed cases
29 deaths

That was as of 2pm today. There has not been an update since

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Indianapolis will hit 1,000 cases on Wednesday if not tomorrow 021ACF70-2D1D-4FA1-AD5C-61FC7192E458.jpeg

Definitely a lot more cars gone out of the apartment complex this morning. It had been pretty full last week.

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
373 new cases and 14 new deaths. F8933D12-4128-4795-A9CC-3F3F189BE3F9.jpeg

Jeff Westover

Chief Santa Tracker
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
Utah is at 806 cases now, 4 dead.

We looked at a calendar and we've been shut in since about the 2nd of March. Not liking how this is extending out, but what do you do? Getting by with lots of video calls.

Worried about folks like @KimB -- and my Dad and Sandy's folks. Everyone is ok but any kind of sniffle sends up alarm bells.

The young adults here in my house are about to go stir crazy. This is really hard on them, like prison. I hate to be the bad guy. Getting folks to understand that the contacts of your contacts are a concern with any kind of outing. It goes against nature to keep folks away from each other but we have to do it.

We are seeing more evidence of folks we know who get touched by this thing. Nobody wants this, trust me.

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Indiana has increased the number of ICU beds available by 500 and has found another 750 ventilators so far. Now saying the peak will hit anywhere from mid April to mid May instead of in 2 weeks.

SnowflakeMom

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
I was just looking at NY cases....they are over 67,000..unreal.

CT has a little over 2500. My husband works in a psychiatric hospital and a few workers and patients have tested positive. None on his floor but in the building and what is really frustrating is that they don't even seem to have a protocol in place...

Reactions: Rich and made582

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Michigan Update:

Test done: 25601
Negative: 19451
Positive: 6150
Cases:
Deaths: 259

9 cases, 2 deaths in my county with the majority at the Medical Care Facility. :(

Murphman

Santa Beagle
MMC Lifer
Jun 16, 2009
NC
Yesterday at 5 when the governors lockdown began our city sounded the siren. I immediately thought of the film The Purge. Eerie times we are in.

Rich

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Donor
Premiere Member
Sep 23, 2010
South of the North Pole ( Middle Georgia, USA)
I was just looking at NY cases....they are over 67,000..unreal.

CT has a little over 2500. My husband works in a psychiatric hospital and a few workers and patients have tested positive. None on his floor but in the building and what is really frustrating is that they don't even seem to have a protocol in place...
Oh how frustrating. :mad:

Reactions: SnowflakeMom

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
406 new cases and 16 new deaths. Indy broke a thousand. Lake county up by Chicago is really taking off. 7 new cases and one new death in my county. The indoor dining ban at restaurants has been extended. 7CFE026F-BA7F-4885-B34F-889982B20DEA.jpeg