Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is on your Christmas menu?

Discussion in 'Christmas Food' started by mommytotwo, Nov 18, 2016.

1. mommytotwo

mommytotwo Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

I have Thanksgiving all thought out, but I have yet to figure out Christmas, New Years Eve, and New Years day/night.

What are all of you having?

Holiday likes this.
  2. WintersElf

WintersElf Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member Christmas Talk Alum

HAM with pineapple and brown sugar glaze...homemade mashed potatoes...gravy...corn or green beans...candies yams
    hawaiian rolls...stuffing....homemade pumkin pie....cranberry sauce...stuffed eggs...

mommytotwo and Holiday like this.
  3. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

Christmas is Smokehouse Spaghetti, garlic bread, bruschetta, corn (frozen from the garden) salad, dessert & whatever side dishes anyone else might bring. Always too many snacks too! ;)

SnowflakeMom and mommytotwo like this.
  4. mommytotwo

mommytotwo Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

Sounds like you both have yummy menus planned for Christmas!

Holiday likes this.
  5. Holiday

Have you decided what you're having?

6. ClaireLovesChristmas

ClaireLovesChristmas Christmasologist MMC Lifer

Christmas dinner for us is chicken, beef, pork, roast and mashed potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, peas. Pigs in blankets, Yorkshire puddings, gravy and stuffing!

Boxing Day here is leftover day lol

I think we are holding a New Year's Eve party this year so will be a buffet for us.

Hope you get your menus planned soon x

Holiday likes this.
  7. Rennabelle

Rennabelle Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class MMC Lifer

We usually have a big dinner, our family is big but getting smaller as the kids and grandkids have been moving to other states and jobs. Our normal dinner is turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, turkey gravy, green bean casserole, candied sweet potatoes, fruit salad, potato salad, cranberries, olives and all the trimmings. Appetizers usually run for about 2 hours before dinner, usually shrimp cocktail dip, deviled eggs, bacon wrapped little sausages, stuffed mushrooms, pickled veggies, fresh veggies with several dips, meat, cheese and cracker tray. And anything else that comes through the door. Dessert is usually only a choice between 20 to 30 pies. I kid you not.

Holiday and ClaireLovesChristmas like this.
  8. angelpugs

angelpugs Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Christmas dinner is a ham,sweet potato's & white,deviled eggs,homemade biscuits,two kinds of vegetables,cranberry sauce,stuffing,pickles,olives and of course all kinds of baked items like a christmas cake,cookies,confections that are set around the room.

Holiday likes this.
  9. WintersElf

WintersElf Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member Christmas Talk Alum

Ham..homemade mashed potatoes..gravy..cranberry sauce..rolls...corn...green beans...sweet potatoes candied...pumkin pies...stuffing..

Holiday likes this.
  10. Skippy1707

Skippy1707 Chestnut Roaster MMC Member

Christmas
    Roast Chicken, Roast Ham, Carrots, Sprouts, Peas, Swede, Roast Potatoes, Parsnips, Pigs In Blankets, Stuffing, Parsley Sauce and Gravy (possibly yorkshire puddings too)

Christmas Night
    A table of snacky buffet style bits and pieces

Boxing Day
    Left Overs

New Year
    Roast dinner of some description

Holiday likes this.
  11. pamm

pamm Merry Forums Newbie MMC Member

I do cocktails and appetizers first - so that is Meatballs quick browned in a skilled and then cooked red sauce, rice torta (old family thing) stuffed eggs, olives, artichoke spread with french bread, and what ever folks feel like bringing, Dinner is ravs with the red sauce (my Nona's recipe that has beef and pork in it) Pork Loins with stuffed with rosemary and garlic (considering wrapping it with bacon) second roasted masher casserole (with a pork mushroom gravy) salad and probably roasted orange carrots, sour dough bread and rolls. I don't bake so someone else will bring desserts

Holiday likes this.
  12. Holiday

And now I'm hungry...

Bradmac likes this.
  13. pamm

pamm Merry Forums Newbie MMC Member

Hi all I posted here for Christmas dinner so I am doing a couple pork loins ..I have decided to do Brussels sprouts in the pan with them ....here is the thing I want to boil them a bit first then stir in maple syrup and bacon put them in for a bit with the loins. I don't know how long to boil them or how long to cook them with the loin - once the loin is out resting I can turn up the heat to get them nice and caramelized. any help out there thanks!

Holiday likes this.
  14. angelpugs

angelpugs Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

That i'm not sure of but,maybe check out online as there are alot of helpful sites out there.I'm doing a ham,sweet potatoes & white,pickled beets,peas,deviled eggs,stuffing,homemade biscuits,gravy and desserts there will be pies,cake,cookies just a table with baked goods on it.

Holiday likes this.
  15. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Christmasologist MMC Lifer

Ham, mashed potatoes and some types of veggies, rolls.

Holiday likes this.
  16. Holiday

My MIL is having a meal at 10:30 am on the 23rd. I haven't heard yet if it's brunch or lunch! That will be different!

17. Sanity Clause

Sanity Clause Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer

Roast turkey, potatoes, Brussels sprouts, parsnips, perhaps Yorkshire puddings, chocolates, fruit, and of course Christmas pudding.

Holiday likes this.
  18. Holiday

My MIL changed her mind. It's now lunch at noon.

She is making a ham, mashed potatoes & gravy, I am making a smoked turkey, my SIL a 7 layer salad & another SIL cut out cookies. I'm also making a homemade queso dip - and there will be more, I'm sure. Never a shortage of food. ;)