Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

What is your favorite Christmas movie?

Discussion in 'Christmas Together' started by sugar142286, Jul 2, 2018.

1. sugar142286

sugar142286 North Pole's RN MMC Lifer

Thought I would start a new thread - what is your favorite Christmas movie and why? This will give us all new suggestions to watch and remind us even maybe of a great movie we haven’t seen in a while!

My favorite classic: White Christmas

It is my favorite because it reminds me of togetherness, what Christmas should really be like, and I love the vintage look to it all, along with all the Christmas music!

My favorite comedy: National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

It’s is my favorite because this was something we watched every year as a family and continue to now do so with my kids. It’s so funny and I can’t get enough!

Favorite current Hallmark movie: It’s a tie - Most Wonderful Time of the Year and Trading Christmas

2. tbutler

tbutler Tim Butler, North Pole IT Consultant Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

My fav without a doubt is the original Christmas in Connecticut with Barbara Stanwyck. Love that movie!

christmasjingles and sugar142286 like this.
  3. sugar142286

sugar142286 North Pole's RN MMC Lifer

I love it too! I never watched it until a few years ago, but have to catch it every year now!

tbutler likes this.
  4. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger 2018 Ornament Exchanger

Charlie Brown Christmas and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation...

sugar142286 and RavenHardt like this.
  5. Meceka

Meceka MMC Associate Editor MMC Lifer MMC Donor Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew 2018 Ornament Exchanger Santa's Elf

Secret Santa with Jennie Garth is my favorite ~ it is my go-to movie when I need a boost of good cheer.

sugar142286 and snowflake22 like this.
  6. Ornamentmaven

Ornamentmaven Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger 2018 Ornament Exchanger

Love the classics - White Christmas and It' a Wonderful Life, and more current movies - While You Were Sleeping and The Family Stone

7. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer MMC Donor Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Talk Alum 2018 Ornament Exchanger Santa's Elf

Is that a Hallmark movie?

8. Ornamentmaven

Ornamentmaven Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger 2018 Ornament Exchanger

I don't know if you are asking about While You Were Sleeping and/or The Family Stone or someone else's movies - but these two were both major releases with all-star casts. I don't really care for Hallmark movies, but I do watch them!

9. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer MMC Donor Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Talk Alum 2018 Ornament Exchanger Santa's Elf

Oh, my mistake, I was talking about Secret Santa. Thanks though!

10. Christmasplease

I love The Family Stone!

11. Nash

Nash Elf Choir Book Distributor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

oh my life how on earth can you choose lol there are so many

MerryCarey likes this.
  12. irishsnow

irishsnow Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

Santa Clause The Movie

sugar142286 likes this.
  13. angelpugs

angelpugs Christmasologist MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum 2018 Ornament Exchanger

Top faves are White Christmas,Holiday Inn,The Santa Claus movies,Charlie Brown Christmas,Garfield Christmas,actually i own these and many more,i'm a christmas movies collector.

sugar142286 likes this.
  14. michaelmas

michaelmas Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member

I can't choose just one, tied for first is 'Eloise at Christmastime', 'Christmas Vacation' and 'A Charlie Brown Christmas'.

sugar142286 and BexiBooWho like this.
  15. BexiBooWho

BexiBooWho A real life Who! Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

I love basically ALL Christmas movies. But I think (at least right now) my top three are Elf, Eloise at Christmastime, and Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carrey). Honorable mentions: The Santa Claus trilogy, and Christmas with the Kranks. But I feel guilty even choosing a top 3, I sincerely love all Christmas films!

sugar142286 and Christmasplease like this.
  16. Mr. Noel

Mr. Noel Tinsel Straightener Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Miracle on 34th street! Top banter when the attorney compares faith in God to faith in Santa Clause and SC is acquitted.

sugar142286 likes this.
  17. Christmasplease

My VERY favorite is Christmas Vacation.

sugar142286 and Ornamentmaven like this.
  18. GhostOfChristmasPast

GhostOfChristmasPast Reindeer Pooper Scooper Merry Forums Member

It's A Wonderful Life

19. novelist

novelist Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

White Christmas

20. leah

leah Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member

The Santa Claus will always be my favorite.