Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

What is your favorite Christmas song?

Discussion in 'Traditions & Memories' started by mommytotwo, Sep 18, 2017.

1. mommytotwo

mommytotwo Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger

I know there are many to choose from, but what is your favorite?

chrimbo_bear and Holiday like this.
  2. tyreejames

tyreejames Reindeer Pooper Scooper Merry Forums Member

This Christmas by Donny Hathaway... I hear it and I am immediately transported to my childhood. I hope that I have done my part to ensure that my children will look back on this holiday the way that I do. It's such a special time

3. Billy Battles

Billy Battles Santa's Doppelganger MMC Lifer MMC Donor

My favorite Songs, Movies, etc... change every few years or so. Last few years have been "Silver Bells"

chrimbo_bear, Holiday and christmas87 like this.
  4. Rennabelle

Rennabelle Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class MMC Lifer

White Christmas followed by a very long list.

5. chrimbo_bear

chrimbo_bear Feverishly Frivolous Feral Fellow.. Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Slade - Merry Christmas Everybody

As @tyreejames mentions being transported back to the childhood - this is the one which does it for me.

mkhatter and Holiday like this.
  6. SinatraClaus

SinatraClaus Chairman of the board MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Talk Alum

Have yourself a merry little Christmas by Frank Sinatra

7. christmas87

christmas87 Santa Clausologist MMC Lifer

The Christmas song by nat king cole....this Christmas by Donnie Hathaway is also a classic that I grew up on. Just playing it in my head brings back memories of what my family would be doing listening to that song.

8. Skippy1707

Skippy1707 Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member

Totally love all the olides - Sinatra, Nat King Cole, but then like all the newer covers like Pentatonix at the minute as well.

Its Christmas for me though when I hear The Pogues And Kirsty MacColls Fairytale of New York or Slades ' Its Christmas!'

mkhatter, chrimbo_bear and Holiday like this.
  9. Skippy1707

Skippy1707 Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member

Ok so now currently sat listening to Christmas tunes.....

10. leah

leah Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member

Carol of the Bells. Love the trans-siberian orchestra version, but also love Emmy Rossum singing it.

11. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

I have a few favourites and its hard to chose but Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas is very dear to my heart. It makes me joyful and tearful at the same time. It fills me with nostalgia for Christmases gone by and transports me to my childhood when my whole family spent Christmas together. At the same time it also makes me look to the future and think about what it will be like when the years go past and my children are grown. Hmmm it's the only song that makes me both happy and ....I guess a little sad too.

12. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

SO hard to pick just one, but I always love Sleigh Ride!

chrimbo_bear and Festive Spirit like this.
  13. SilentNight490

SilentNight490 Snowman Engineer MMC Lifer

The Christmas Song by The Raveonettes

Definitely not a "traditional" Christmas song but it makes me feel good and is relaxing.

14. Ina Molinari

Ina Molinari Merry Forums Newbie Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

I love The Mannheim Steamroller version and Transiberian Orchestra version also. My husband sings in a Church Choir and Carol of the Bells is the Best!!

Neotericisis and Holiday like this.
  15. Sanity Clause

Sanity Clause Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer

Santa got a DWI

Holiday likes this.
  16. GhostOfChristmasPast

GhostOfChristmasPast Twinkle Light Checker Merry Forums Member

Do you hear what I hear by Perry Como

17. Marshmallow05

Marshmallow05 Hot chocolate expert Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger

Favorite Christmas song: It’s Christmas time by The Carpenters

Favorite Christmas carol: O come, all ye faithful

18. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger 2018 Ornament Exchanger

Little Drummer Boy and Driving Home for Christmas

19. C.Griswald

C.Griswald Remember-no man is a failure who has friends! MMC Donor Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Judy Garland's version of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas", hands down. Well, at least today. Tomorrow could bring something different...
    :)

20. Contented

Contented Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum 2018 Ornament Exchanger

We wish you a Merry Christmas!