Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

What was the last Christmas related item you bought?

Discussion in 'Traditions & Memories' started by ChristmasKid77, Jun 27, 2010.

1. ChristmasKid77

ChristmasKid77 Tinsel Straightener Merry Forums Member

Just wondering what was the last thing you spent hard earned cash on that is Christmas related?

Usually a few times in the off season I'll buy things just for the fun of it and because I can get a good price.

My last item so far was the Bing Crosby Voice Of Christmas cd, which I ordered today..in June!

I'm sure I'll pick something up in a few weeks or so....

2. trackrebel

trackrebel candy cane hustla MMC Lifer

i donĀ“t know...but I hope to find something at the fleas market we go to later

2 people like this.
  3. Christmas-A-Holic

Christmas-A-Holic MMC Goodwill Ambassador MMC Lifer MMC Donor Christmas Crew Santa's Elf

I love to buy Christmas items throughout the year. There is a thrift store nearby that has a Christmas section that stocks items all year and I love to look at the nice stuff that other people throw out. Lol! You get a good selection during the summer and good prices when other people don't want to look at that stuff during that time.

Back to answering the question. The last item I bought was during the spring. A man that lives nearby use to go all out to decorate his house for Christmas and he had a huge garage sale and selling every bit of it. He has been ill and decided he cannot continue decorating anymore. I bought a train display for my front yard. He said he bought it during the 70's. I am glad to have something to put in my yard that he owned. We talked for awhile and found out that no one in his family was interested in owning any of his Christmas stuff. I found it a bit sad that his family will not continue on with his tradition so he is selling it all but I know not everyone is as sentimental about Christmas like all of us here are at MMC.

4. kgstyles

kgstyles Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger

I bought a Chicago Bears ornament last month to put on my tree this year.

4 people like this.
  5. ChristmasKid77

ChristmasKid77 Tinsel Straightener Merry Forums Member

Wow, from one Christmas fan to another I just want to thank you for buying something he displayed for all those years!

It is sad no one wanted to display that stuff!! Really cool that you own it and it will see many more seasons to come!

3 people like this.
  6. judesmama

judesmama ...and Noel's mama, too! MMC Lifer Christmas Crew

2 stockings for my kids for $12, shipped, just last week! Got them in the mail on Thursday. Monogrammed, too! (well one is.. this baby-to-be is nameless, still!) ;)

3 people like this.
  7. caninemom3

caninemom3 MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013) MMC Lifer MMC Emeritus Member

I have a nativity scene that is largely animals of all kinds paying homage to the Christ Child. There are wise men and angels and of course, the Holy Family as well, but it is largely animals worshiping the King Of Kings on His birthday........I bought a mama kangraoo and a meerkat to add to the managerie !!! See my albums !!!

3 people like this.
  8. trackrebel

trackrebel candy cane hustla MMC Lifer

4 incredibly cute Christmas books for Kandice today at the fleas market

3 people like this.
  9. irishsnow

irishsnow Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

A christmas dvd :tree:

3 people like this.
  10. xmas365

xmas365 Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins MMC Lifer

a bunch of Christmas DVD's

4 people like this.
  11. whitney37354

whitney37354 Rudolph's Groomer MMC Lifer

Three strands of LED lights for our 7' tree.

3 people like this.
  12. santashelperkobrin

santashelperkobrin Reindeer Pooper Scooper Merry Forums Member

Christmas Ordment from Bronners :) Also just last week was givin a large box of free Christmas items cheesy

Ruth

:cry:

3 people like this.
  13. made582

made582 MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole MMC Lifer Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Crew Santa's Elf

A santa ornament at a garage sale 2 weeks ago.

3 people like this.
  14. caninemom3

caninemom3 MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013) MMC Lifer MMC Emeritus Member

I Bought 2 More Animals For My Nativity Scene !!! A Mama Kangaroo and Baby and A Meerkat !!

3 people like this.
  15. MsChristmas

MsChristmas MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

I bought stuffed elves for my boys (they will be Santa's secret elves) a few weeks back.

3 people like this.
  16. Christmas24/7

Christmas24/7 Snowman Engineer MMC Lifer

Very cool! I collect nativities and my VERY favorite one is an Alaskan Nativity. The animals are animals like penguins, walruses, polar bears, etc. Joseph and Mary are in full Eskimo attire. The extra sets are different kinds of animals.

3 people like this.
  17. Christmas24/7

I'm on a Christmas movie kick right now and I've purchased several Christmas movies that I haven't seen......Prancer, Prancer Returns, and a Grandpa for Christmas. Oh, and I bought a Christmas gift for my 2 year old yesterday. I guess that's the most recent Christmas purchase although it's not a Christmasy theme.

18. Christmas24/7

For those of you that bought Christmas DVDs, what movies did you buy?

3 people like this.
  19. Janet

Janet Reindeer Pooper Scooper Merry Forums Member

I just bought 2 Debbie Macomber Christmas novels to read. Didn't buy them but my mom gave me her Christmas dishes to use.

20. Sanity Clause

Sanity Clause Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer

A Christmas song called "Deck the Halls" yesterday on I-tunes.

3 people like this.