What was the last "SCARY" movie you watched?

CharlestonNole

Keeper of the Yule Goat
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 22, 2008
www.hauntedchucktown.com
We watched a Tim Burton double feature tonight....Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street and Sleepy Hollow.

Seen Sleepy Hollow numerous times, but it was the first time for Sweeney Todd. I really like ST, it's strange (and a musical), but a really fun movie. (Not for the faint of heart, either).

Maureen

Merry Forums Super Administrator
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Aug 24, 2007
Displaced Canadian now in Perthshire, Scotland
As far as "horror" goes, this one is a lightweight but it does its job in the good old "ghost story" thrills and chills department

I love "The Others". It just epitimises what a good old fashion ghost story is all about and there isn't any gratuitous decapitation or needless gore to pad it out. It relies on the plot!!!!!!!!!:ghost:

ChristmasLovers

Chestnut Roaster
MMC Member
Aug 28, 2008
Centerville, OH
www.trainweb.org
It's been so loooooong since I've seen any, I think the last one was "House on Haunted Hill". Horror and scary movies aren't my bag anymore.

But looking at everythingscary.com's movie list, Ghost Rider seems to be the last/latest one. That seemed more like an action movie to me, or close to it.

Mr Walker

Merry KISSmas
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 19, 2008
I was channel surfing a few weeks ago and caught a movie called 'Carver' on one of the Showtime channels. Wow... some of the scenes really had me cringing and turning from the screen... and I thought I was pretty desensitized to these kind of flicks.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I'm not much for scary movies, but my most recent (and a favorite) is "The Devil Bat." Bela Lugosi plays a guy who develops shaving lotion formulas. He gets revenge on those who have cheated him by teaching giant bats to attack those wearing a certain scent, then giving his intended victims samples of a new shaving lotion to try! "Rub a little on the tender portion of your neck," he says. "It's very soothing ... you'll never wear anything else ..."
:bat:

Reactions: jimmyolsen

trackrebel

candy cane hustla
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2008
Germany
sports.groups.yahoo.com
been a long time....after Kandice was born I saw parts of Saw....with all the hormones after giving birth and holding my newborn in my arms....I couldn´t take it and have not watched any horror flick since then

Santa's Helper

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 14, 2007
Out there
I don't like scary movies so I couldn't even tell you the last one that I saw. Maybe like Nightmare on Elm Street or one of the Friday the 13th movies from years ago. I probably watched them at a slumber party too because those aren't movies that I would choose to watch on my own.

trackrebel

candy cane hustla
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2008
Germany
sports.groups.yahoo.com
Freddy!!!! he scared me...at the same time...I couldn´t get enough when I was an early twen....now as I am in my late 20s...I like to watch documentaries a lot....lmao...that sounds old

Courtney

Makin' A Comeback!
MMC Lifer
Jul 21, 2008
Home
Halloween, but I have the urge to watch Carrie or Stir of Echoes... Something scary.

belljoy

Reindeer Pooper Scooper
MMC Member
Aug 2, 2009
east Tennessee
i try very hard not to watch scarey movies!
It would probably be an Alfred Hitchcock movie- those I can take- maybe "The Birds"? (if those count as 'horror' movies these days..lol)

BrittanyMarie

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 29, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
I can't remember the last scary one I watched. It was probably something that was not scary to most people. I am a chicken when it comes to movies like that, but yet I like to watch them, wierd I know.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image