what you watch on thanksgiving?

christmas87

Santa Clausologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 10, 2007
new york
What does everyone watch on thanksgiving and though out the day? i normally watch the thanksgiving day parade in the morning then when i cook i put on the sounds of the season music choice channel and listen to christmas music then around the time we eat into the night we watch a couple of christmas movies.i always have to watch home alone or a christmas story.grew up on watching either one on thanksgiving.

Reactions: 8 people

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
We sort of do some of the same, we watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and then by tradition we watch Miracle on 34th street (1947). It's a movie that has Thanksgiving Day celebration, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and most of all, Santa officially arrives...

later that night, (usually having sandwichs then or a second helping of pie), we will watch either Home Alone, Elf or something like that....

Reactions: 5 people

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
I cannot miss the Macy's Parade, I think I get more excited than the boys when we finally see Santa.
Football is always on, not by our choice. We try to watch one short Christmas cartoon before bed.

Reactions: 7 people
B

ballcoach

Morning...the parade....

Mid-Day....football.....

Late afternoon....anything Christmas related....

Reactions: 7 people

XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn
First thing would be good morning American just have in the background untill they start talking about the balloon being setup for the parade. Typically it starts at the warehousevuntl night before and you seem them make the drive ny.

2nd would've Macys day parade and usual will record the McDonald's parade from Chicago.

3rd on WEN a new tradition for me in the last 5 years. They replay a special documentary on Boo, Garfield goose and Fraser. They even show the old shorts the three elves snow fairy and frosty snow man.

Last all Christmas cartoons and movies

Reactions: 4 people

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I almost forgot about the dog show!!!

Today Show, Good Morning America (or something similar to these) is on tv, though I ususally turn it on then leave for the Turkey Trott
Macy's Parade
Dog Show
Miracle On 34th Street - 2:00 ET on NBC
Football
Football
Football (because we are together with family & the guys win!) :grin:

:family:

Reactions: 2 people

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
What does everyone watch on thanksgiving and though out the day? i normally watch the thanksgiving day parade in the morning then when i cook i put on the sounds of the season music choice channel and listen to christmas music then around the time we eat into the night we watch a couple of christmas movies.i always have to watch home alone or a christmas story.grew up on watching either one on thanksgiving.

Great question by the way!! :grin:

whitney37354

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Jan 16, 2009
Tennessee
The Today Show: gettinready to go to DH's parent's house for breakfast

Macy's Parade: after breakfast

Dog show: just because it's on after the parade

Football: on at my parent's house after dinner

I have been able to watch Miracle on 34th Street a couple of years between our family visits in the afternoon.

frostyman

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
Oct 22, 2009
KY
I've always tuned in to see some of the parades if I can.

Lacim84

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 15, 2011
Arkansas
I watch the Macy's parade and my husband usually watches football.

Reactions: 3 people

joyful

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 25, 2006
northeast USA
I always have the parade on TV but I miss so much because of other time consuming chores, like cooking the dinner and gettinge everything ready so I learned to DVR the parade then I can sit down and enjoy it and the best part I can zip through the commercials.
Maybe this year I can actually watch it without recording it since I told hubby we are going out for dinner this Thanksgiving and he's in complete agreement.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
The Macy's Parade in the morning (Mr. isn't interested, though ... he puts up with me yelling "Come here! Look at THIS!"). In the evening we often kick off the season with a kinescope of a 1950's Lawrence Welk broadcast that features Christmas music, or something else Christmas-themed.

joyful

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 25, 2006
northeast USA
The Macy's Parade in the morning (Mr. isn't interested, though ... he puts up with me yelling "Come here! Look at THIS!"). In the evening we often kick off the season with a kinescope of a 1950's Lawrence Welk broadcast that features Christmas music, or something else Christmas-themed.

I do it too. It's not fun watching the parade alone and my hubby is not interested so I'm always yelling, Hon come look, LOL, it's just a natural thing to want to share with the hubby.

aleighanne

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Member
Aug 21, 2012
Arkansas
Football and Christmas movies. Got tired of the way the Macy's parade was presented on tv with all the musical numbers (that are lip synced ugh). :give:

mommytotwo

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Oct 3, 2009
I watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, then once our guests come over, they watch football.

Reactions: 1 person

XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn
Once in a while we might hit up the local drive in.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: 1 person

Courtney

Makin' A Comeback!
MMC Lifer
Jul 21, 2008
Home
Good question!

I turn the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade on for my daughter and will try to catch a few minutes of that before I head off to the kitchen. - But, since I'm usually in there all day, I don't pay much attention to what is on. - I do like to have some Christmas tunes playing if possible though.

:served:

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image