Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Whats the weather like where you are?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ryansrs1, Sep 22, 2014.

1. ryansrs1

ryansrs1 Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class MMC Lifer

Here in Wales its been quite warm for this time of year around 20-22C and dry. But today things have started to cool with high's of around 14-15Cand the rain is forcast again.

Probably wont be until December when we see single figures here......i realy hope for snow!!!!!

Whats it like around the globe and is it getting cooler in places ???
    :cold::cold::playing:

5 people like this.
  2. snowflake22

snowflake22 *Harlowe's Mom* MMC Lifer Louann Jeffries Award

We are in Wisconsin (US) and it has been fluctuating back & forth between being unseasonably cold to a few normal days. Yesterday it was rainy, windy, and in the low 60's. Today it will be sunny & 73, which is more typical. There have been some nights that we've dipped down into the 30s and have had frost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 people like this.
  3. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

It's been very inconsistent here but that is typical of English weather I guess lol. We have had the warmest September in 50 years with temps of about 20C. The nights are getting cold and this morning was probably the coldest we have had so far for this time of year. I get the feeling the cold is moving in and we might see out first frost very soon, some already have. I can definitely smell that smoky, woody autumn smell :)

The good thing is even though it has been grey and misty it has at least been dry. We have had a very wet August. One of the reasons I love English autumn so much is even though it can be very cold it is sometimes the driest part of the year for us ...or at least where I am.

We have not had much snow for the last couple of years, it makes me wonder if we are due some. I wonder what our winter will be like....

4 people like this.
  4. Neotericisis

Neotericisis Elf Choir Book Distributor Merry Forums Member

Its been pretty warm over here in the Princeton area of NJ. Low to mid 70's, however, usually it is a bit chillier at this time. Its like Mother Nature says alright, its back to school, time to get cold! But I am not complaining- I don't like cold weather. I just planted new grass 2 weeks ago so the weather has been very kind to my virgin grass (in fact, I have to call the landscaper as it may be time to take up the straw, de-weed, and all that other landscaper stuff I know nothing about!). Plus, the trees haven't changed color or dropped their leaves yet, and while I love the color show, I am not a fan of a millions leaves everywhere! All smiles over here! (ask me next week- it may be a different story)

4 people like this.
  5. sugar142286

sugar142286 North Pole's RN MMC Lifer

I am in Pa - central part. It was in the 70 and 80's over the weekend. It is in the 50's today, only supposed to get up to low 60's. It's very cloudy and leaves are starting to change and fall slightly. I love it!!!

3 people like this.
  6. novelist

novelist Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

:pumpkin:Today in CT, it's a sunny but breezy day with temps in the 70's. We'll have more cooler Fall like temps later this week.

3 people like this.
  7. reindeerelf

reindeerelf Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class MMC Lifer

Right now in north eastern NY it is 61F with scattered clouds and sun and windy. Overnight low forecast is low 40's. Tomorrows high expected to be in the 70's. May reach the low 80's on the weekend. We'll see. The forecasts in this part of the world are notoriously inaccurate.

3 people like this.
  8. Courtney

Courtney Just "Merry-ed"! MMC Lifer

For the last 2 weeks or so, it has been beautiful and fall-like, but there is a "warm-up" on the way later this week. Temps have been in the 60s/70s during the days with 40s/50s at night/early morning, and the air is crisp and chilly. The leaves are slowly starting to turn colors as well. Pretty much as soon as September kicked in, the Autumn season did as well... even though today is the technically "last day of Summer". Autumn officially begins tonight at 10:29 PM...

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  9. jayden28

jayden28 MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

By all accounts it might be a mild winter according to some folk at the met office:sad:,good news for for gas and electic bills but not for us christmas lovers who want a cold hopefully snowy winter,hopefully they are wrong.

2 people like this.
  10. christmas87

christmas87 Santa Clausologist MMC Lifer

Here in the Hudson Valley in new york is about 70 with sunny skies.but it doesn't feel like it at all
    The wind is very light making it feel like the lower 60s but I'll take that.i love when it starts getting like this.the fall weather.

2 people like this.
  11. FestiveAmy

FestiveAmy Tinsel Straightener Merry Forums Member

Original poster, I'm from Wales too!
    Here in Wales I'd say these last few days have tried getting wetter and perhaps a bit chillier. In the evenings I'm noticing the chill in particular...
    I have everything crossed for a white Christmas!:playing:

How interesting to hear everyones weather changes from all around! cheesy

2 people like this.
  12. snowflake22

snowflake22 *Harlowe's Mom* MMC Lifer Louann Jeffries Award

Here in Wisconsin, it's windy, rainy, and cool. Highs in the mid 40's [emoji299]️[emoji303][emoji297]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 people like this.
  13. Neotericisis

Neotericisis Elf Choir Book Distributor Merry Forums Member

Beautiful Fall day in Central NJ! I have a chunky sweater on and ugg boots (dress down Friday). 64 degrees but the sun is shining.

2 people like this.
  14. Courtney

Courtney Just "Merry-ed"! MMC Lifer

Right now, it's overcast, cold, rainy, and 58°. Gonna be a nice, chilly fall weekend. Can't wait!!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2 people like this.
  15. Ladybugkisses

Ladybugkisses Elf Choir Book Distributor MMC Lifer

Over cast and high of 72. Temps are expected to take a dip tonight and rain is forecast for tomorrow. I'm gonna go and scoot to the movies tonight so that I won't have to deal with the rain tomorrow.

1 person likes this.
  16. joyful

joyful MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

We have had beautiful weather here in the northeast, USA and I love it. We have been able to enjoy the outdoors and summer's lifestyle has continued. But this weekend temps will be in the 50's with rain but will rebound and no snow in the forecast until November, which makes me happy. The longer snow is delayed the happier I am.

2 people like this.
  17. Yuletide Junkie

Yuletide Junkie Christmasologist MMC Lifer MMC Donor MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger

Unsettled, windy, 44F and steadily falling...Rain/snow mix tonight.

2 people like this.
  18. novelist

novelist Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

:scarykitty:Today is a beautiful fall day here in CT. After a few days of cloudy gloomy weather, we finally have sunshine. It warmed up to the 70's by afternoon, but the nights are cool.

2 people like this.
  19. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Christmasologist MMC Lifer

I am in CT and it is about 65 today. Tomorrow supposed to be rainy but nice and sunny on Sunday around 60. I can't wait to take out my fuzzy boots!

2 people like this.
  20. ryansrs1

ryansrs1 Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class MMC Lifer

Think our Autum has finally arrived, the rain has returned and the temp has droped by 5/6 degrees c........lets hope for a cold winter like a few years back :cold::cold:

1 person likes this.