When do you start shopping?

Moondust

Reindeer Pooper Scooper
MMC Member
Jul 16, 2009
UK
Well, I start about now. I find if I pace myself from now, there is a lot less stress money wise and trying to find something for the right person than there would be if i did it closer to christmas. I do a bit at christmas though as there is somthing very magical walking through town doing christmas shopping with the lights in the trees and with a Starbucks gingerbread coffee :hello: !!!

Harry

That's one of my favourite Christmassy moments too. There's something lovely in just walking alone through a busy shopping street, with the smell and taste of a festive coffee, the sight of the lights, the sounds of Christmas songs coming from shopping centres and the chatter of shoppers... it's amazing. :-D Eep, I'm getting excited now :razz: the sunshine outside is annoying me, I want wintery evenings already...

dancer_90

Chestnut Roaster
MMC Member
Jul 18, 2009
Shropshire UK
That's one of my favourite Christmassy moments too. There's something lovely in just walking alone through a busy shopping street, with the smell and taste of a festive coffee, the sight of the lights, the sounds of Christmas songs coming from shopping centres and the chatter of shoppers... it's amazing. :-D Eep, I'm getting excited now :razz: the sunshine outside is annoying me, I want wintery evenings already...
the suns annoying me too, i quite looking forward to it getting dark early again :)

Snowfall

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 29, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
I DIDN'T START YET!!! :eek: What happened to the time?!

This has been such a crazy summer. I finished school, got engaged, moved, started planning a wedding (and that's less than 2 months away now!), ... And now it's suddenly September! I gotta get on top of things. I usually start shopping and planning around July, sometimes August. But by September, I usually have a few gifts bought or made.

Like others on this forum, I try to finish all of my shopping by the beginning of December so I can just kick back and enjoy the holiday. I'm not so sure this is going to happen this year. I don't even have a list yet!

Mumof2

One Happy lil Elf
MMC Lifer
Oct 23, 2007
Lakes Region,NH
www.facebook.com
I've got my lists ready,I will be starting soon.Usually I look out for items all year.

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
I picked up a couple more gifts today. I got each of my nieces a pillowcse that they can color with disney characters on it.