Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

When do you wrap gifts?

Discussion in 'Christmas Talk' started by Christmasplease, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

i buy gifts throughout the year but end up wrapping them ALL around a week before Christmas. This year I've been trying to wrap as I go. How about you?

Contented likes this.
  2. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

Wrapping can take up a lot of time and can feel overwhelming all in one sitting. I like your idea of wrapping as you go. For me I have a manageable amount so I leave it for the week or two before christmas too. I love doing it with christmas music/movie on in the background and my decorations all lit up ad a festive drink in hand.

3. ballcoach

ballcoach Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class MMC Lifer

We do a terrible job of wrapping, always waiting until the last minute. This year, I want presents under the tree. I think that adds to the season....just the look of it....

Christmasplease and Contented like this.
  4. ClaireLovesChristmas

ClaireLovesChristmas Christmasologist MMC Lifer

I have to wrap most things as they come into the house, but I do like to save some bits for Christmas Eve night. I like to sit with a glass of Buck's Fizz with a Christmas film and wrap the last few bits!

5. Skippy1707

Skippy1707 Chestnut Roaster MMC Member

I like to wrap christmas stockings stuff on Xmas Eve......last few years I have saved all my wrapping until Xmas Eve and sat with a film and hot chocolate and done it all but I wasn't finishing till gone midnight so I have learnt my lesson now and I wrap a little bit as and when I get time so its not so much. Also its much easier since my son is now 13 and doesnt go straight to sleep and my daughter is 7...

6. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

I wrap usually starting around December 10. By then I have pretty much all the gifts that I plan on buying (I may still pick up a last minute item or two). I wrap a few gifts per day to enjoy it. It's no fun rushing to wrap 20 things at once.

7. pattyjo

pattyjo Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

I usually start wrapping about a month before hand while listening to Christmas carols or a Christmas dvd on

8. JollyHeather

JollyHeather Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

For me it is and always will be wrapping just before the event. If not I forget what is in the gift and/or for whom it is. On top of that I never think it looks as good when it has just been wrapped. And I also love to wrap everything in front of my tree, music in the background and a hot chocolate waiting on the table.
    Would love it to be that time...

9. Skippy1707

Thats exactly how I love to wrap.....no kids about , with all the stuff I need laid out, christmas lights on, music or a christmas film on, hot chocolate, fire going and cold rubbish weather outside - perfect.

10. savingstar

savingstar Twinkle Light Checker MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Talk Alum

every year i always say that i will wrap as i go but i never do and usually end up spending a whole day doing this

11. Nash

Nash Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa Christmas Talk Alum

Normally spread throughout the Christmas week ,but normally a few for daughter need doing Christmas eve evening after Lily has gone to bed its not the wrapping thats the prob for us its the storage of said gifts lol

12. Skippy1707

That is my problem this year as well Nash, last year my in laws had a caravan on their driveway which I hid my two childrens presents in but now they have found a site and moved it I am reduced to using one small cupboard in our bedroom but there is really not a lot of space in it! So I need to think of something asap to hide theirs with. My son isnt too bad because hes 13 and wants clothes mainly and games but my daughter is 7 so a lot of her stuff comes in boxes still. x

13. angelpugs

angelpugs Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

I wrap as i go love wrapping gifts and it's just me and my son whose 26 and the dogs so it's a bit of christmas each day as i'll get things from our flea markets here and other shops.-greetings-

14. Pol Bishop

Pol Bishop Christmas Fan MMC Member

About a week before Christmas starts.

15. tyreejames

tyreejames Reindeer Pooper Scooper MMC Member

I generally start shopping in October but I will not wrap until after December...I spread it out over a few nights after the kids have gone to bed. The closet that I store gifts in is in the basement; luckily it's finished. I go down with a drink and find a Christmas episode or movie to watch as I go along.

16. XmasDreams

XmasDreams Rudolph's Groomer Christmas Crew MMC Lifer MMC Donor

Typically wait to the last minute to do wrapping. Just think it is the mere thrill of getting the wrapping done and it being perfect.

ballcoach and Christmasplease like this.
  17. Billy Battles

Billy Battles Santa's Doppelganger MMC Lifer MMC Donor

I just randomly wrap things. If I am alone I will get the urge and will wrap presents. Did I mention I love wrapping presents?

18. Skippy1707

I generally wrap a few every so often but I like wrapping in December when the tree is up, sat in the lights glow with a hot chocolate and a christmas movie on or christmas tunes.....thats my plan for this year

19. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor Christmas Crew MMC Lifer

I start wrapping in Nov and try to break up my wrapping over a few different days between Nov and the beginning of Dec.

20. BooksBabiesChristmas

BooksBabiesChristmas Twinkle Light Checker MMC Member

I usually wrap as i go, but that means i have boxes of wrapped gifts sitting around for months, and by the time it actually makes sense to put them under the tree, they're all beat up and rough looking lol! So this year i'm not wrapping anything until the tree is up and decorated.