Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

When do you wrap gifts?

Discussion in 'Christmas Talk' started by Christmasplease, Sep 2, 2017.

1. novelist

novelist Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

I start wrapping the first week of December. By then, the tree is up, and the house decorated. I like to wrap in my bedroom either watching a Christmas movie on tv, or I put one in the dvd player that we own. I wrap a few each day, and the last things I wrap are the stock stuffers.,

Christmasplease and Skippy1707 like this.
  2. Rennabelle

Rennabelle Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class MMC Lifer

As soon as I buy the gifts, I try to use double sided tape when I can find it and really tape them up good.
    That way I can tell if we have and sneaky peekers.

3. JessicaParrish

JessicaParrish Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member

I think buying gifts throughout the years is a great idea, but I always forget. I tend to wait till the last minute to get my gifts which you can imagine isn't always a great idea. Maybe this year will be different...

Christmasplease and Contented like this.
  4. Contented

Contented Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

One time along time ago I waited until the last min.to wrap presents.I'll never do that again.Now I make a list of everything I buy and keep it in my billfold.But I wrap them as soon as I get home.Since then ....no promblen.

Christmasplease likes this.
  5. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

I am going to wrap my first gift today!!! I'll take it slow and steady. Have to figure out where to store them safely and neatly!

Holiday likes this.
  6. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

Where do you store your wrapped gifts?

Holiday likes this.
  7. ChristmasFanatic2

ChristmasFanatic2 MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member Christmas Talk Alum

As soon as we get them. We love seeing the packages under the tree and we have to mail some out, so its nice having them under the tree, for a while.

8. ballcoach

ballcoach Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer

I referred to last year's post that I made...last minute, again.

I'm not going to even lie....we have the best of intentions...never works out. I hope to have wrapping done by Dec. 1, but on Dec. 23 I will probably wrap until midnight.

Holiday and Christmasplease like this.
  9. SilentNight490

SilentNight490 Snowman Engineer MMC Lifer

I usually start towards the end of November and beginning of December

10. Skippy1707

Skippy1707 Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member

Well I think I will leave wrapping till December - I have almost everything for my daughters Xmas - except one that my sister is bringing down that doesn't need wrapping - just a bow.......and one that I am picking up tomorrow when I go to work.
    One of my husbands I am picking up in November but he will be with me so he will know he has it. And I havent even started my son yet! So he will be to tackle in November!

11. prancer

prancer Rudolph's Groomer MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Christmas eve after all the chores are done in the kitchen

12. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

Same here I can't do it without the decorations up!!!

JollyHeather, prancer and Holiday like this.
  13. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

I usually wrap as I need them!! If I'm getting together with friends before Christmas, I'll wrap their gift as I'm going to see them. The gifts I need for Christmas Eve normally get wrapped on the 23rd or the afternoon of the 24th. Then I set them around the tree & take a pic! Sometimes I have a few wrapped ahead of time & set them under the tree but it's usually last minute. :rolleyes:

This is last years annual Christmas Eve picture...

upload_2017-11-2_14-53-57.png

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  14. prancer

Looks amazing Holiday...Ehhh what pressie is my one under the tree-gift-

15. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

I'm not telling! :p

16. prancer

-gift--gift--gift--gift--gift--gift-

17. mommytotwo

mommytotwo Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

I start to wrap my presents usually this month, and have a bunch ready for when our tree is put up. I started wrapping a bunch of presents last week, so I have a stack of them ready!

18. omalkm

omalkm Tinsel Straightener MMC Premiere Member

My wife enjoys wrapping the gifts and having a theme of wrapping paper. We usually buy all the gifts, the "special" wrapping paper, and do it all at once. We usually have all the wrapping done at least 1 week before christmas.

19. Christmasplease

Just three gifts left to purchase and wrap!

Yipppeeee!!!

Holiday and SnowflakeMom like this.
  20. Christmasplease

Once again, I was wrapping late Christmas Eve. Never fails! +m

Holiday likes this.