Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

When do you wrap gifts?

Discussion in 'Christmas Talk' started by Christmasplease, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

I LOVE this pic!!

Holiday likes this.
  2. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

I’ve started wrapping!!!!

Holiday likes this.
  3. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

Thank you!!! :)

Do you need to put a sticky note on it so you remember what's in there?? LOL (I would) ;)

4. Christmasplease

I make notes!

Holiday likes this.
  5. Holiday

Good plan. Where do you hide them?

6. Christmasplease

In various places, closet, garage. I only buy smaller gifts for now.

Holiday likes this.
  7. Holiday

Sounds perfect! The only gifts I've bought so far were for Christmas In July! ;)

Christmasplease likes this.
  8. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

If I do that, I forget who gets what. LOL. Then I have to tear the paper open and rewrap.

9. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

I purchase all the gifts on Black Friday and wrap them on Christmas even while Christmas music is playing. I do enjoy some hot chocolate a few times during the winter season, especially around Christmas time.

My daughter likes to open all the boxes we receive in the mail year round. So my hubbs and I intercept the packages so she does not know about them.

10. Christmasplease

That used to happen to me. I put a tiny number on the tag and then have the name associated with that number on a list.

11. sugarmuffin25

sugarmuffin25 Christmas Fanatic Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

I wrap as soon as I have a few trees up, which is the first week of November. There are no kids in our house so it is mainly gifts between me and my husband with a few extended family gifts as well. He and I both wrap and place under the tree as we buy for each other so we are staring at all our presents throughout the season which adds to the excitement (torture) until Christmas Eve! At one point between Thanksgiving and Christmas one of us usually tries to strike a deal with the other about opening one early, but we haven't caved yet! Plus, I need to make sure I stuff presents under each tree because it helps our five curious felines from getting under there and playing with (destroying) ornaments. I love wrapping gifts so much that I wrap all of the Santa gifts for my brother and his girlfriends 4 kids and keep them at our house under one of our trees so they don't have to worry about hiding them and can just pick them up on Christmas eve all wrapped and ready!

ponytramp likes this.
  12. Nash

Nash Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

ive posted earlier in this thread but hey i dont mind if you done lol .....we tend to wrap throughout december BUT leave Lilys stuff till Christmas eve and make it part of the whole Christmas experience , Christmas eve evening after shes gone to bed , either Christmas Music or Christmas film on , as few lights on as poss apart from Festive lights , wrapping gifts for your child ....perfect

13. Christmasplease

Nice!!

sugarmuffin25 likes this.
  14. Christmasplease

Nothing like wrapping gifts for your child!

15. Nash

Nash Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

amen to than

16. Christmasplease

Speaking of wrapping gifts for my child. My crazytime starts Sept.1 with my youngest son’s bday, then my oldest son is Oct. 28, and then my daughter is Nov. 14, and then there’s Christmas! Lots of buying and wrapping! I am truly blessed!

17. GhostOfChristmasPast

GhostOfChristmasPast Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member

I'm going with festive gift bags this year, I bought a large assortment from QVC Christmas in July. They can be reused, Eco-friendly

18. Christmasplease

Wrapping paper, check! Scissors, check! Tape, check! Bows and ribbon, check! Gift tags, check!

Let the wrapping begin!! :) -gift-

ponytramp and sugarmuffin25 like this.
  19. Christmasplease

I have a feeling I’ll still be wrapping on Christmas Eve.

20. Dudley

Dudley Santa Clausologist Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

No set pattern. Some time early wrapping. Some time late wrapping.