Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

When do you wrap gifts?

Discussion in 'Christmas Talk' started by Christmasplease, Sep 2, 2017.

1. ponytramp

ponytramp Elf Supervisor Merry Forums Member

I love to wrap too. Sometimes I even help my friends with their wrapping.

I try to get all my shopping done early. Then do all the wrapping in one or two sittings. Paper, ribbon, bows everywhere. (Love it) Naturally all the lights are on and Christmas songs are playing in the background. I really look forward to wrapping day. :)

Since the house is decorated by the end of November I usually get the wrapping done in early-mid December so that I can put the packages under the tree.

My grandmother would never open her gifts on Christmas because she hated that there would be no more pretty packages under the tree. So I wrapped some empty boxes so there would always be something pretty under the tree. Even now after the tree is up I put the wrapped empty packages under the tree and replace them with the new gifts once they're wrapped.

-gift-

2. Dudley

Dudley Santa Clausologist Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

We sort of do the same thing. We have four trees so the three non-main trees get empty packages.

3. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

I’ve gotta find a better way to wrap, my back gets so sore.

sugarmuffin25, KimB and ponytramp like this.
  4. ponytramp

ponytramp Elf Supervisor Merry Forums Member

Unfortunately, I can relate to that. I have to remember to get up and stretch or even take a quick break.

I like to do Christmas jigsaw puzzles during the season and that can do a number on my back too. Stretch .. stretch .. stretch..
    :sway

5. kelly ann

kelly ann Christmasologist Merry Forums Member

I usually wait until I have a pile of gifts before I start wrapping. Mainly because I love to sit down and enjoy it.

6. Dudley

We generally wrap gifts on the kitchen counter peninsula. The wife in another life time wrapped gifts working at JC Penneys.

7. KimB

KimB Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Back when my grand nieces and nephews were young, I wrapped gifts on my bed. They all lived in NY so I liked to get them in the mail the first week in December. I usually had all the shopping done by Thanksgiving and wrapped the gifts a few days after Thanksgiving. The weekend of Thanksgiving was dedicated to putting up all my Christmas decorations. Then I was in the mood with my trees lit and music playing.

8. Contented

Contented Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Here lately I've been trying to wrap gifts within the week I purchase them.It makes it so much easier for me than trying to wrap all at one time. -glitterstocking-

9. sugar142286

sugar142286 North Pole's RN MMC Lifer

Honestly, I wrap the gifts whenever I can. I usually wrap a big abundance of them - I do 99% of my shopping online, usually around Black Friday and Cyber Monday, so everything comes around the same time, so DH and I usually have a big day or two of wrapping, then if we have a few things or two we buy at last minute, we obviously wrap that.

Christmasplease and Dudley like this.
  10. Dudley

I'm with Sugar. Wrap them as the arrive if possible.

Christmasplease likes this.
  11. Mom21

Mom21 Twinkle Light Checker MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

I'm a TERRIBLE wrapper. So I use gift bags :(

12. Dudley

Due to circumstances we've scheduled to do all our wrapping Friday evening December 20.

13. Ron Delaney

Ron Delaney Mistletoe Hanger MMC Lifer

Christmas Eve Usually, or Tibb's Eve (Dec 23rd)