Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

When does it start for you ??

Discussion in 'Christmas Talk' started by Nash, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

Nice, Ontario in da house!!

2. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

Florida is lovely!

I love the season but truly, I’d be happy if snow started December 20th and ended January 2nd. Heavy snowfall would be nice Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

ballcoach likes this.
  3. Nash

Nash Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Today is the day in our house that it REALLY starts for me and Lily (4) as its 99 days till Christmas so the countdown decoration comes out and goes on show :)

4. JollyHeather

JollyHeather Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

For me the season starts when the schools start and when Strictly come dancing starts. It helps when the weather turns to autunm with strong winds and grey days.
    When Mr W said it's all year round i peaked behind me to look at my autunm tree. I have my tree up all year round and change the them/decorations according the season.
    -sing-

5. JollyHeather

It's funny (not really funny more peculiar) how people feel free to judge online. It's almost the screen filters social behavior. I sometimes ask people what they are judged for online and what they think about it when it happens. The funny thing is most poeple reply the same, they don't like it but everybody does it. And that i think is the strangest thing to say. For someone else doing something does not make it okay.
    All i can add is i'm happy with MMC and a place where i can share my love for the season all year round!-mistletoe-

ponytramp and Christmasplease like this.
  6. spikydu

spikydu Reindeer Pooper Scooper MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

The countdown is well and truly on .. shops have started to stock their goods , we have had our charity Christmas cards on sale now for about a month and our shop is the top seller out of 135 shops

HollyJolly and JollyHeather like this.
  7. MelissaV

MelissaV Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

I love Christmas and think about Christmas year round but I always say that I celebrate during the "-er" months, so Christmas for me really starts in September. September is when I decide to jump out of the Christmas closet and be open and proud of my Christmas love (even though I'm met with a lot of eye rolls).

8. Art the Bookworm

Art the Bookworm Mistletoe Hanger Merry Forums Member

It really started for me in September this year too. I was just in the mood for some Christmas music and cheer, and so I thought why not? I can listen whenever I want! :)

HollyJolly likes this.
  9. Christmasplease

Yes you can!!

I listen all year round!

ponytramp and HollyJolly like this.
  10. Nash

Nash Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

ART thats an excellent post, whenever im feeling a little less jovial than i would like , i tend to either have a bath whilst listening to Christmas Tunes or do a bit of Cooking again whilst listening to Christmas tunes and those people that at first perhaps question my sanity about listening to Festive tunes whilst its Summer for instance normally cant argue when i tell them my reasons I do what I do all year round

ponytramp and HollyJolly like this.
  11. Mom21

Mom21 Twinkle Light Checker MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

As soon as I start to see the least little bit of Christmas in stores, I get excited. That happened so late this year, that I'm really surprised. My Dollar Tree actually just put out there stuff about 2 weeks ago, which is super late for them.

HollyJolly and Christmasplease like this.
  12. angelpugs

angelpugs Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

Really in the season now as it's almost November which the 4th is my birthday but,it is a merry birthday a tradition my mom started so i have totes out and ready to make my christmassy home.

HollyJolly, Mom21 and Christmasplease like this.
  13. Mom21

You are decorating on the 4th? Awesome! My besties birthday is on the 4th and we are celebrating the whole weekend.

HollyJolly likes this.
  14. Lynn68

Lynn68 Santa Clausologist MMC Lifer

It really starts for me when the nights get cooler, the leaves start falling and the stores start putting out Fall and Halloween merchandise.

15. angelpugs

angelpugs Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

It starts here September for me as i do fall pieces and fall baking as i have many orders to do and i'm busy usually a few days before christmas as i have a cut off date for orders.

sugarmuffin25 likes this.
  16. prancer

prancer Rudolph's Groomer MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

It starts for me at the start of the BER months...build upto Halloween then BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Christmas season starts:)

sugarmuffin25 likes this.
  17. Mom21

I think I'm about to get excited for Christmas in July! But then the excitement will wane I bit and pick up again when the air starts to get chilly, the days shorter, and the leaves begin to turn

Christmasplease likes this.
  18. Christmasplease

I can’t wait for the heat to stop.

19. JollyHeather

I'm looking forward to Christmas in July as well. This year more so then ever. I'll have open heart surgery in August and with the focus on some Christmas cheer it will help not to drown in my anxiety. You all help me through this period even when i can't come online.:shakeit

20. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Christmas planning starts right after Halloween. Except I play Christmas music ALL YEAR LONG! :)