Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Where did Santa leave your gifts?

Discussion in 'Traditions & Memories' started by Christmasplease, Aug 6, 2018.

1. sugarmuffin25

sugarmuffin25 Christmas Fanatic Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Our presents were under the tree but as we got a little bit older they started showing up in the basement under the old aluminum tree with the color wheel (which my parents gave to me this year and I CAN'T WAIT to put up.) I think my mom realized if the presents and mess were in the basement then that was less she had to clean and straighten up before my grandparents came for breakfast! Smart idea! Our stockings were hung outside our bedroom doors.

2. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

Veryyy smart!

Holiday likes this.
  3. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

I love hearing about your traditions! Thank you so much for sharing! How exciting and fun!

I agree with you about taking time to appreciate the gift and the thought behind it.

Holiday, Solice and Christmasplease like this.
  4. Festive Spirit

lol !!:p:p:D

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    Holiday and Christmasplease like this.
  5. Festive Spirit

Our presents are left under the tree mostly and maybe a few in front of the fireplace as the tree is next to it. Stockings with gifts are hung on the fire place as well.

6. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

Nice!!

Holiday and Festive Spirit like this.
  7. Sanity Clause

Sanity Clause Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer

Our big presents from Santa (Father Christmas here in the UK) were under the tree with our stocking presents in our stockings hanging on the ends of our beds.

Christmasplease and Holiday like this.
  8. Christmasplease

Lovely!!

Holiday likes this.
  9. Nash

Nash Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

when i was a child my pressies were always on the sofa when we came downstairs, and when I had children I put them under the tree (well there was normally that many they had to go under and around lol ) I dont think theres a better pic Christmas morning than your childs face as they see the tree and gifts

Christmasplease likes this.
  10. Christmasplease

That’s true!

11. mkhatter

mkhatter Mistletoe Hanger Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

When I was growing up all our presents were under the tree except our "main" present which was usually hid in the kitchen or our bedroom.

Now I am a father of 5 aged 21,18,16,13,7 we put all family, friends and gifts brought for each other under the tree. All the gifts my wife & I buy go in their own personalised sack & the one present that they really want santa brings& hides somewhere in the house. These generally range from the newest xbox game, aboard game or something more expensive.

12. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Christmas Crew

Growing up all the presents were under the tree.
    With our family almost all the presents are under and around the tree with the exception of a new wrapped ornament which Santa leaves under the tree in the kids bedrooms.

13. Christmasplease

Has anyone ever had pet gifts and their pets go into them under the tree?

Holiday and sugarmuffin25 like this.
  14. novelist

novelist Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

All our presents were under the tree when I was growing up and to this day, it's the same way

15. Christmasplease

Nice

Holiday likes this.
  16. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

Santa left our presents under the tree and filled our stockings with candy. We had our Christmas tree in the basement rec room, and the stockings hung on knobs on railing of the basement steps. There was a light near the stairway that looked like an old-fashioned carriage lantern, and had a bulb in it that flickered in imitation of a little flame ... that was so pretty. (I paid way too much a couple years ago for a night-light that looked like it!)

17. Ornamentmaven

Ornamentmaven Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member

Always wrap up treats and toys for my little dog, but I never put them under the tree until Christmas morning! His sense of smell is so good that he can't wait to open them. He gets so excited on Christmas morning that it is just like having a little kid again (or grandchildren - if my kids ever get moving on that!)

18. ballcoach

ballcoach Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer

What a wonderful thread! Thanks so much for sharing! I so enjoyed reading this.

Our Santa presents were all laid out in the living room by the tree. We follow the same tradition in our house. The only difference is that the night before we give our girls a Christmas Box. This has PJ's, a little snack, and a movie they can go to bed watching. That is from their elf. Shows up on Christmas Eve about 6:00 p.m.

Holiday and Maureen like this.
  19. Maureen

Maureen Merry Forums Super Administrator MMC Lifer Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award

Hey!!! When I was growing up, we had a split level house. Front door then a few stairs up to the main bit of the house or front door and down a few stairs to my bedroom, furnace room and garage. There was a metal railing at the end of the living room at the stairs part (with me so far?!) Santa left my stocking and his presents at this railing, which meant I could come up and investigate those (effectively giving my parents another 1/2 hour of sleep!!) Then (anytime after 7am was acceptable) I bounded into my parents' room and showed off my stocking and presents from Santa. The family presents were under the tree in the corner of the living room. I remember we always had to have breakfast first (a tradition continued with my own son) and then the presents were approached!!!! Always look back on my childhood Christmases with great affection - I truly feel blessed that I had a Hallmark childhood

20. WintersElf

WintersElf Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member Christmas Talk Alum

as a kid we had the presents under the tree on christmas eve..as an adult i decided to do the same..keeps temptation at bay..christmas eve we all put all gifts under the tree and in front of the fire place..stockings hang on the fire place filled with smaller gifts and each persons fav candies..money and scratch off tickets...in years passed we gave each pet their own gift and they would tare it open and play with until we had a vicious attack one year over toys so that ended it and ruined that christmas..never again..I did however always have a stocking for my beloved doggy..and would let him open his in our bedroom..hes gone now...but we no longer do this...we throw the few pets we have now balled up wrapping paper..they love it.

Holiday and sugarmuffin25 like this.