Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Where did Santa leave your gifts?

Discussion in 'Traditions & Memories' started by Christmasplease, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

Love this!

Contented, Holiday and mkhatter like this.
  2. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

We’re Santa’s gifts in different wrapping paper?

Sanity Clause, Contented and Holiday like this.
  3. Christmasplease

What a pretty picture you painted. I love everyone’s traditions!

Holiday and MerryCarey like this.
  4. Christmasplease

So cool!

I started this thread because, in the movies and on tv, I only ever saw Santa’s gifts under the tree.

I too am really enjoying this thread!

Contented and Holiday like this.
  5. Christmasplease

Oh wow, that sounds so amazing!

It’s incredible how everyone can recreate their Christmas mornings so vividly!

6. Christmasplease

Sounds like you had all kinds of treats. I got loads of gifts because I was the first child/grandchild/godchild,’etc., but I never had a stocking. I did stocking for my kids when they were younger though.

7. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

I do put Lucy's presents under the tree - if they make it that far. She sometimes sniff's them out in the spare room I keep them in before Christmas. LOL

Contented likes this.
  8. leah

leah Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member

Always under the tree!

9. Contented

Contented Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

In the living room,right by the tree.

Holiday likes this.
  10. Stevie Claus

Stevie Claus Twinkle Light Checker Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

In my wallet.

11. GhostOfChristmasPast

GhostOfChristmasPast Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member

under and around the Christmas tree, always

12. Christmasplease

Oh, the dogs gifts are hidden until Christmas Eve. Otherwise he’d be opening them ahead of time.

13. Christmas24/7

Christmas24/7 Snowman Engineer MMC Lifer

When i waa growinf up, gifts from friends and family went under the tree and Santa gifts were not wrapped and were left in a pile by our stockings. Each kid had a designated place.

With my own kids, Santa gifts are wrapped and placed under the tree.

Bethene and Christmasplease like this.
  14. Lynn68

Lynn68 Santa Clausologist MMC Lifer

When I was growing up, all presents were under and around the tree. Stockings were hung on the fireplace, until we moved to a place without one. Then they were placed near the tree. Everything inside the stocking was wrapped, so it was extra special and exciting.

Christmasplease likes this.
  15. Jason rhodes

Jason rhodes Reindeer Handler Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Santa always left presents under the tree, unwrapped!

16. Dudley

Dudley Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Lynn68 has it 100% right!!

Christmasplease likes this.
  17. KimB

KimB Reindeer Pooper Scooper Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

When I was young, I lived in a very large home. My grandparents lived with us. My grandmother had three sisters and they would all come over for Christmas Eve with wrapped presents and place them under the tree. I got to open those and my brother's gift for me on Christmas eve.

On Christmas Day "Santa" left all my presents under the tree unopened. I knew, at a very young age, Santa was my father, mother, and grandparents and they hid my gifts on the third story, in locked closets.

This is a picture of me in 1957 on Christmas morning. scan0007.jpg

Christmasplease and Dudley like this.
  18. Dudley

Dudley Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

That photo really brings back memories. Looks like we're close to the same age.

19. Bethene

Bethene Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member

Presents from family were wrapped under the tree. Then on Christmas morning our stockings would be filled, and gifts from Santa were under the tree unwrapped.
    Now with my kids gifts from family were wrapped under the tree, and I wrapped my kids in different gift wrap, tags, special bows etc..then set on the edge of the other gifts with their stocking.

Christmasplease and Dudley like this.