Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Where did Santa leave your gifts?

Discussion in 'Traditions & Memories' started by Christmasplease, Aug 6, 2018.

1. ponytramp

ponytramp Snowman Engineer Merry Forums Member

Yes! One year we went shopping and when we came home we found the dog enjoying his Christmas present. (a rawhide bone) He had found it under the tree, unwrapped it and started enjoying it. Yes, he could unwrap things. He would hold the gift between his paws and carefully pull off the wrapping paper. Smart dog. After that we had to put his gifts way under the tree so he wouldn't be able to grab them.

It was hilarious at the time though.
    :gifty6

2. ponytramp

ponytramp Snowman Engineer Merry Forums Member

I like opening them one at a time so that everyone can see what everyone else gets, though I do understand that this may be problematic with large families.

sugarmuffin25 likes this.
  3. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

That’s how we do it!

sugarmuffin25, ponytramp and Dudley like this.
  4. Dudley

Dudley Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

As do we

Christmasplease and ponytramp like this.
  5. Reindeer Herder

Reindeer Herder Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Gifts are always under and around the tree and we take turns opening them one at a time. Boy did that get easier as the kids got older!