Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Wrapping Paper

Discussion in 'Christmas Talk' started by sugarmuffin25, Sep 16, 2018.

1. sugarmuffin25

sugarmuffin25 Christmas Fanatic Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Is anyone else addicted to and obsessed with wrapping paper or is it just me?? Even though I probably have enough in storage for the next 3 Christmases I can't stop buying it!! I have to admit when I look at pictures of our past Christmases I immediately look at the wrapping paper that I used! I am obsessed! I have seen some people have a variety of paper, some use one kind for each person, and still others use one kind for all of the presents. I admit the one type for all of the presents in my opinion makes for a great picture, but there is no way I could do it! I have to work in a variety of as many different colors and styles as possible! Anyone else addicted to it as I am? -gift-

2. Kivara

Kivara Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member

I too love wrapping paper. It started out, as of family of 5 with one income, of necessity to shop for as much as possible on sale. Every year, after Christmas, I would stock up on wrapping paper, ribbons, etc.
    I've noticed through the past few years though, I still stock up in late December, but I also troll the wrapping aisles at every shop and buy plenty before the holiday.
    I don't NEED to buy wrappings for at least 3 years, but I can't not buy them, they are SO pretty! They must be under my tree :D

3. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

We have been known to buy wrapping paper when we don't need it if a design catches our eye! We have maybe a dozen or two partially used rolls. Mr. doesn't like to wrap everything in the same paper---he likes some variety!

4. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

I love wrapping paper!! I stock up after Christmas!!

Lynn68, sugarmuffin25 and Holiday like this.
  5. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

I had so much wrapping paper, I haven't bought any for a couple years. BUT this year, I am running low, so I get to have some fun!! :)
    -gift-

6. Holiday

My problem is when I have a favorite, I never want to use the end of the roll. LOLOL

7. angelpugs

angelpugs Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

Love wrapping paper,always have plenty.

Lynn68, Holiday and sugarmuffin25 like this.
  8. JollyHeather

JollyHeather Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Love wrapping paper. The past few years there has been more choice and better quality. So somehow my wrapping paper stock seems to grow!:giftdude

Lynn68, Holiday and sugarmuffin25 like this.
  9. WintersElf

WintersElf Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member Christmas Talk Alum

I usually do wrapped gifts and then put them in a large holiday bag....but this year i may just do wrapping paper...seems like it would look like alot more gifts.times are getting scares..

10. novelist

novelist Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

I have a lot of wrapping paper and gifts bags that I buy every year after Christmas. I always stock up after Christmas to get the best price. I have a lot of Christmas cards too. I jut can't pass up a bargain! LOL!

11. Nash

Nash Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Wrapping Paper to me is a little slice of what makes the Christmas Pie one that I love , the design , the magical time on Christmas eve when we wrap Lilys (4) gifts , the look on Lilys face as she comes down on Christmas Day to a brightly coloured pile of gifts , then the pile of paper strewn across the lounge floor come mid morning .......MAGIC

Lynn68, Holiday, JollyHeather and 2 others like this.
  12. Martine

Martine Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

I love Christmas wrapping paper and have been known to buy too many rolls. Every Christmas season I look at what's available in all the shops and I've had to stop myself from buying more. And I try to colour coordinate/have rolls that "match" each Christmas. It makes for pretty pictures under the tree.

Lynn68 and Holiday like this.
  13. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

Laura Secord has some Beautiful wrapping paper now!

14. Christmasplease

Oh my goodness, I found some gorgeous wrapping paper I forgot I bought last year!

15. Contented

Contented Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Recently I completed my kitchen with chickens and today I walked in a store and found some chicken Christmas wrapping paper.So I bought a roll to wrap my friends gifts in.The ones who have teased me so much about my chicken kitchen.Now who gets the last laugh!!!

16. Christmasplease

I LOVE IT!! Lololol

ponytramp, Lynn68 and Holiday like this.
  17. Contented

Thanks!

18. sugarmuffin25

sugarmuffin25 Christmas Fanatic Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Chicken wrapping paper sounds awesome! I love chickens! We had chickens growing up and I am trying to convince my husband if we move to a place we can have some to let me buy them!!

Lynn68, Holiday and Christmasplease like this.
  19. Contented

I couldn't believe it when I saw it....chicken wrapping paper.I laughed right out in the store.

20. Holiday

I love it!! ♥ Too funny!! And I can just imagine you laughing out loud in the store. LOL

Lynn68 likes this.