Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
You want to know what my big fear is? My big fear is that we go wall-to-wall Christmas from July 12th through the 26th and no one shows up for it.

To help allay those fears, I think we need to bribe you. I mean, I think we need to hold a contest. Or two.

This one couldn’t get easier. We want you to just submit a photo in this thread of your Christmas in July “thing”.

It could be, literally, anything Christmas related. If you put your tree up for Christmas in July, get a picture of it. Maybe your Christmas in July thing is putting reindeer antlers on your cat. Put up a photo of it.

Maybe @Binger can just shoot a picture of his coffee mug. Perhaps @MerryCarey can get a still from one of her old Christmas films. I’d like to see @sugar142286 in a Christmas mask. And @made582 with a wreath of Christmas lights on his head. Perhaps @Meceka can show us her garden tools, or @Crown 84 his countdown spreadsheet. Heck, perhaps even @JayIsh could post up a selfie.

You see, it doesn’t matter what it is. If it’s your Christmas thing and it makes you happy, we wanna see it.

It could make us smile, laugh, cry or ponder. Any of that would be fine. But the best thing it should inspire us to do is VOTE.

This thread, if you respond to this correctly, we take the images posted in the replies and put them in a box at the top of this page. As you scroll through the thread all you have to do is “like” to whatever Christmas thing moves you.

The person with the most likes on their Christmas thing gets a prize.

Now, there are other contests associated with Christmas in July. But this one should be the easiest, the most personal and the most fun.

What’s the prize? Not going to tell you yet. You gotta show me you’ll be here, posting up pictures and participating. Or I’m going to keep the prize myself.

Ready, GO!

Last edited:

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
105314388_2663811503834299_6617142532482837691_o.jpg

This is my (currently) youngest granddaughter, Ivy. She's five months old.

She's my Christmas-in-July thing because she's happy NO MATTER WHAT. She's medicine to my troubled soul.

Now, I hear you. You're saying...Jeff, this is cheating.

And you're right. It is.

Too bad.

I didn't say there were a lot of rules.

You know you gotta hit that like button! VOTE FOR IVY!!!

e_xander

Executive Producer, Tracking Santa
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
christmaspodcasts.com
0E98E78D-F03A-4724-A693-664E9B3AE711.jpeg
Ok, Jeff...I’ll see your granddaughter and raise you mine! She’ll be 2 in August and she constantly makes me smile. We go back and forth with “mine” giggling all the while. The way she lights up when she sees me will brighten any dark mood I’m in.

Vote for Elizabeth!!!

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
View attachment 70679Ok, Jeff...I’ll see your granddaughter and raise you mine! She’ll be 2 in August and she constantly makes me smile. We go back and forth with “mine” giggling all the while. The way she lights up when she sees me will brighten any dark mood I’m in.

Vote for Elizabeth!!!

Now we're talkin'!!!! She's a doll.

e_xander

MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
christmaspodcasts.com

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
momshore.jpg

I'm not a collector in any way, but this is a Jim Shore Santa. He belonged to my Mom, who had a LOT of Jim Shore stuff. I snagged Santa because he's Santa...and now I have a Santa that reminds me of Mom.

See how simple this can be? But you'll also see that this won't show up in the box up top...because each of us can only enter once. This is an example of the type of stuff we can share.

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
I don't have kids or close family. My dogs have always been my family. Throughout the years I've always had at least one dog, sometimes two or three. They all were active participants in Christmas and they are my go-to happy place for Christmas in July.

These two have a special place in my heart. Cricket and Bella. They had their own tree.

CricketBellaChristmas1.jpg

e_xander

MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
christmaspodcasts.com
IMG_3520.JPG

I'm a huge Santa fan. I have a decent collection of Santas (although not at huge of a collection as Made!) I got these quite a few years ago at Kirklands. These are one of my favorite.

e_xander

MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
christmaspodcasts.com
IMG_3558.JPG

Then there's my favorite overall image of Santa...kneeling before the baby Jesus. This wraps both of my beliefs of Christmas into 1 image. I got this a while back at Bronners.

e_xander

MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
christmaspodcasts.com
IMG_3897.JPG

And then there's my best Christmas to date. Having my whole family together! (If you look closely, you can see the kneeling Santa on the upper right and the Kirkland Santa on the upper left!)

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
View attachment 70712
Then there's my favorite overall image of Santa...kneeling before the baby Jesus. This wraps both of my beliefs of Christmas into 1 image. I got this a while back at Bronners.

How far away are you from Bronners? I'm looking for someone to go over there an knock some heads for me.

e_xander

MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
christmaspodcasts.com
How far away are you from Bronners? I'm looking for someone to go over there an knock some heads for me.
Meceka is only 20min from there. I’m on the other side of WI from Lake Michigan

e_xander

MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
christmaspodcasts.com
@Meceka??? Fabulous! I wonder if @Meceka has video capabilities on her phone. We need someone willing to do a field trip for those of us who will never get there.
I’m wanting to get there again soon. If I make it before Meceka, I’ll take a video!

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
@Meceka??? Fabulous! I wonder if @Meceka has video capabilities on her phone. We need someone willing to do a field trip for those of us who will never get there.
I’m wanting to get there again soon. If I make it before Meceka, I’ll take a video!

It’s not video but I may have taken a few pictures in 2018-

Reactions: Annette

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
It’s not video but I may have taken a few pictures in 2018-

Fabulous, Made! Maybe we can work some of those into a video/trip report about Bronners. I think that would be a fun little project...

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image