Your opinion on Furby

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Hey everyone,

I am thinking about the Furby as a gift for my son this year. I wanted to ask your opinion on them if you have purchased one in the past. I am still a little lost as to what exactly they do. There isn't very specific information on sites.

I know they are compatible with an app but can you still use one without the app. Is the app only on Ipad or can you get it on android devices?

My sons are 3 and 7 so I was considering getting them one each.

What has been your experience with the Furby and your children?

Thanks for a any feedback!

Reactions: 2 people

Mumof2

One Happy lil Elf
MMC Lifer
Oct 23, 2007
Lakes Region,NH
www.facebook.com
Hi, My niece had one when they first came out and there were no apps. But they look like they do A LOT more than the first batch did. Try doing a search or look at Toys R us, Wal-Mart, Target they may have feedback that can help. :)

Reactions: 1 person

xmastidings

Santa's Mentor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Previously Maryland, now Connecticut
I used to buy them for my daughter, when she was a little girl, all the way up till she was about 10 years old. She loved them at the time. As a matter of fact, I believe that she may have one or two of them still, put away in a chest that she has her favorite childhood things in still....

I highly recommend them, for my daughter always played with them for hours on end.... I can only just imagine. just how much, they have improved on, in the last 10 years , since I last purchased one. And I do believe, we got them from Toys-R-us and Target.

Good luck in your selections.....

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Hi, My niece had one when they first came out and there were no apps. But they look like they do A LOT more than the first batch did. Try doing a search or look at Toys R us, Wal-Mart, Target they may have feedback that can help. :)
Thank you for the reply. I have seen the video on Youtube and it seems to be the same one on all the toy websites. I guess I was just wondering if they did a bit more than that lol
I used to buy them for my daughter, when she was a little girl, all the way up till she was about 10 years old. She loved them at the time. As a matter of fact, I believe that she may have one or two of them still, put away in a chest that she has her favorite childhood things in still....

I highly recommend them, for my daughter always played with them for hours on end.... I can only just imagine. just how much, they have improved on, in the last 10 years , since I last purchased one. And I do believe, we got them from Toys-R-us and Target.

Good luck in your selections.....
Oh Thank you so much Xmas! I really wanted to hear an opinion on them and whether children really enjoy them or lose interest. It sounds like they are worth the hype. I know they are meant for age 6+ but I am contemplating one for my 3 yr old - I'm not sure if this is a good idea yet though. Thanks again!