Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Your Single Favorite Christmas Song of All Time.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Crown 84, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Crown 84

Crown 84 Official MMC Countmeister MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award

Of all the versions of all the Christmas songs you have heard in your entire lifetime, what one single version of what particular Christmas song is your all-time favorite?
    Stated differently, if you could only listen to one, lone Christmas song for the entire season, what one would it be?

My choice would be Perry Como's "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas", the one with the jingling sleigh bells in the background. That one just says Christmas to me.

Edge612, MsRose and Ryan like this.
  2. Crown 84

Crown 84 Official MMC Countmeister MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award

Bumping this.
    Surely someone besides me has an all-time favorite Christmas song(?)

Edge612 likes this.
  3. JayIsh

JayIsh MMC Musicmaster, MerryChristmasRadio MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Kringle Radio DJ

This is really a tough one...I guess if I have to pick one song, it'd be "The Christmas Song", you know...chestnuts roasting on an open fire...I have no idea which of the many versions of this fine song would be my all time favorite...But I do love this song...Being a traditionalist, I'd say that Nat King Cole's is my favorite but there are so many that I enjoy almost as much, it's tough to say that only one is my favorite...

Ryan likes this.
  4. RadioJonD

RadioJonD ♪♫Mistletoe Mix-ologist♫♪ MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum Kringle Radio DJ

Everytime this question comes up I'm always at a loss to choose only one!

For the last three or four (five?) years, since my discovery, I've had a particular fondness for "Little Cajun Drummer Boy" by Evan Johns & His H-Bombs. Everything in this instrumental mix just reaches out a grabs me, from the first guitar lick to the triangle! I have to make myself not end every Christmas CD/show that I do with it!

Another close second is an original tune by The Twang called "Eggnog". Save for the word eggnog, this one's an instrumental as well.

The traditional stuff I leave to the bland, stale & always unimaginative "holiday radio stations." Nothing wrong with the classics, mind you, but why would one only scratch the surface when there is so much great Christmas music down below?

Similar threads -

http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5131

http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4028

http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1789

Ryan likes this.
  5. whychristmas

whychristmas Webmaster Partner, <a href="http://www.whychristma MMC Lifer MMC Emeritus Member MMC Partner

For me probably 'Manger Throne' by Third Day (which are my fav band!) great words and a very catchy tune.

Ryan likes this.
  6. Crown 84

His is my favorite version of the song too, Jay.

Ryan likes this.
  7. sugarplum fairy

sugarplum fairy MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

There is no way I could ever decide that. I do have favorite Christmas versions of songs, but not favorite songs.

Ryan likes this.
  8. shelle02

shelle02 Mistletoe Hanger Merry Forums Member

I love them all....but my all time favorite was a song that played only on our local hometown radio station. It was called Elfie the Littlest Elf. I miss hearing that song and have tried tracking it down with no luck. My parents use to call me Elfie. I am so short I could be a elf! LOL! I sang along with the radio everytime it came on...with a very load and proud voice. hehe

Ryan likes this.
  9. ilovesilentnight

ilovesilentnight Eggnog Chugger MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

mine is silent night

Fire_Goddess and Ryan like this.
  10. JOHNOR

JOHNOR MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

fairytale of new york

Ryan likes this.
  11. Maebeary

Maebeary Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

"Silver Bells" ~~that one does it all for me! As for a version, there are many that I like but my favorite is by the Osmonds.

Ryan likes this.
  12. clarebear

clarebear MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

This is a tough one!!

I'd say White christmas.

Ryan likes this.
  13. Sanity Clause

Sanity Clause Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer

Merry Christmas Everybody by Slade. IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!!!

14. Andrex

Andrex Mistletoe Hanger Merry Forums Member

-My Blog, Carol of the Bells

15. sdkluger

sdkluger MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

Twas the Night Before Christmas by Fred Waring and the Pennsylvanians

16. Lisa

Lisa Mistletoe Hanger Merry Forums Member

Last Christmas by Wham!! I just love it!! :dance:

17. irishsnow

irishsnow Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

Do they know its christmas by Band Aid

18. snowytree

snowytree MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

I love most Christmas songs, but I think one of my favorites is Grown Up Christmas List by Amy Grant. That song has brought me to tears many times...

19. MsChristmas

MsChristmas MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

There's no place like home for the holidays by Perry Como --- I love love love it.. could listen to it non stop and reminds me of how much I enjoy being around family especially around the holidays

:celebrate:

20. Mumof2

Mumof2 One Happy lil Elf MMC Lifer

Rockin arouns the christmas tree by Brenda Lee