Not open for further replies.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good evening,

The anxiety battle was better today, even after a rough morning where I had to push myself to get up and get to work. My oldest friend came in and checked on me while I was at work today, she was worried about me and wanted to give me a hug. She was the one i helped rediscover her Christmas spirit. Sometimes when someone shows how much they care it helps you set yourself right. I am thankful for that.
I am listening to the Monkees Christmas album now, it came out this past October and I love it. I loved the Monkees growing up, in 1986 they were doing their 20th year anniversary tour, I was 11, my cousin was 13 and all we wanted to be for Halloween were the Monkees, I just learned the show is now on a channel called Lease?. I set the DVR to record the shows. I can't wait to watch them again.
I hope you all had a great day
Good night, everyone
I hope today is a good day!! And you have a great weekend! Aren't good friends the best??? :)

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Happy TGIF MMC! And good triple "1"s day. 1-11...cold out this morning but once again the snow this weekend will miss us to the south. I don't want to say I'm wishing for a snowstorm too much because as the saying goes be careful what you wish for. My boss mentioned us possibly going in on Saturday (we normally wind up going in once a year and usually its in January) but then told us not to and just work longer during the week. I'll take that trade any time. Have a great Friday!
Enjoy your weekend off!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Friday morning! It is currently -24°C/-11°F with the wind factor. I’m not looking forward to taking Loki out for his walk. What I am really looking forward to is the work day being done. I’m ready for two days off this weekend, this week felt long. Have a wonderful Friday everyone!
Brrrrrrr!!! Stay warm & enjoy your weekend!! Snuggle up with that Loki! ♥

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning everyone! Bitter cold this morning and we received another dose of snow overnite. It looks like we now have 15" of it.
15"??? And I'm excited about 3-5! LOL

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Morning, Eve Explorers!

The Eve of the Weekend again already?
Yep. It's here, alright.
And it brings with it a whole new set of count numbers.
Let's take a peek:
Days to the Season: 306
Days to Christmas Day: 348

And what do you know about that!
We are now UNDER a week away from the 300-day Season Milestone, the first marker of 2019.
(Whether we are early in the year or late, the advance toward our Season of choice is relentless!)

Winter is definitely here for now, with chilly days and cold nights. Fortunately, no frozen precipitation has accompanied this trend, at least for now. We are keeping an eye on the Sunday/Monday forecast, but so far it's just looking like rain.
This morning has commenced cold here in the capital city, at 26 degrees.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends.
And here's hoping a Wondrous Weekend will be yours for the taking!
Thanks crown!! Enjoy your weekend!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
TGIF, Christmas friends!

I've already had a long morning. Down south, we don't get too much heavy frost, so we aren't always prepared for it. This morning, my truck and Elizabeth's car were both covered in ice, and I don't have a scraper. I can usually spray the glass from the water hose, but it was frozen, too. I had to crank them and wait for the heater to clear the glass. Then Elizabeth's car displayed a LOW TIRE PRESSURE warning, so I had to wait on my air compressor to fill up so I could pump up her tire. By then, I wasn't as early for work as I planned to be.

Boy, I'm full of complaints this week, aren't I? I'm turning over my new leaf NOW!

Nancy wanted to go out to eat tonight, and I was looking forward to it. Now she says it's a ruse to do some match-making between Elizabeth's cousin and some boy. At least I get a Japanese meal out of it!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D
Oh yikes! What a morning!!! You need to ask Santa for an ice scraper! ;)
Enjoy the meal tonight!! I hope the match-making works out well. LOL

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I came into my office this morning and the heat wasn't working. The repairman is on his way. -shiver-
Our heat was out at work the other day too, Jan 1st. Brrrrrr!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Carolina still had a slight fever this morning but it's no where near as high as it was last night. Mike feels better bur still has a cold so he chose to stay home. I'm laying on the couch trying to feel better before work since there is no one to cover for me. Poor Carolina wants to play and I don't have the energy so she is sad now
I hope you are feeling better as the day is going along. I hope Carolina is back to 100% soon too!!! Take care of yourself!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
TGIF...another work week in the books! It is bitterly cold out there. My cousin and her family are coming tomorrow from NY. I think we are going to go bowling tomorrow night and maybe go out to dinner. No real plans for Sunday...although I think I will start taking down my Christmas decorations. Hope you all have a great day and weekend!

Have fun with your family!!! Hope you bowl a 300! ;)

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning ~
Happy Friday!
It’s going to be sunny today with highs near 30, we’re currently at 24 degrees. I’m so tired, I woke up to the phone ringing at 4:00am! I didn’t recognize the number so I didn’t pick it up. I couldn’t fall back asleep afterward. So frustrating! Anyway, I’m heading out soon to visit my parents. I’m going shopping afterward with my youngest, we’re looking for new outfits for her graduation ceremony next week. I also have to stop at the bank and butcher at some point. Other than that I will be working on my daily chores. Dinner will be chili and cornbread. I guess that’s it. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!
xx
I hope your parents are both doing well!! Enjoy the visit & have fun shopping!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
FYI Walmart went 90% off today.

I’ve been to 2 and haven’t found any decorations I had to have but I got several things to put back for my nieces and Ella next year.

I also got my new snow shovel and stuff to make French toast since that’s what you do when it snows.

I hope everyone has a great day!!!
Can't forget gifts for miss Ella! :) Sounds like you have a great plan for the weekend. Brad - pick me up on the way for the French toast!!! :)
Have a great weekend - enjoy the snow!!!! xx

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Oh yikes! What a morning!!! You need to ask Santa for an ice scraper! ;)
Enjoy the meal tonight!! I hope the match-making works out well. LOL
Ask. Santa. For. An. Ice. Scraper.

Why haven't I thought of this before!?! Thanks!!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Merry Thursday MMC ~
I was just outside with Rocky and it’s pretty chilly out there. My oldest has been sending me pictures from Aruba and I’m jealous. They went on a catamaran sunset cruise last night and she said it was heavenly!
My father got some good news, his doctor was in early this morning and said he will be discharged from the hospital today. I’m going to head out soon to visit him, hopefully it won’t take too long to get him out of there and get him settled at home. I also have to stop at the supermarket afterward. Back home to work on the laundry. Dinner will be fried chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy, biscuits and a cranberry almond spinach salad. I’ve been slacking on my meals lately, I need to spend some more time in my kitchen!
I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!
xx

Glad to hear your father has been discharged!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good Morning, MMC!!! It’s going to be another cold day with some snow showers through out the day. The real snow will arrive Saturday though. The forecast has gone from 2 inches yesterday to 4 inches today. So it looks like we are in for our first real storm of the season. I guess that means I should probably go get a snow shovel too since mine broke at the end of last year. I hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Stay safe out there!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
You're having a rough time of it. Medical scares are alarming. I hope you're feeling better and continue to improve each day. Sending continued well wishes your way.

Losing a treasured pet is a horrible loss and you have my sympathies. Enjoy the pancakes, that's a lovely way for your family to commemorate her.

Thanks so much, Vixen.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good afternoon MMC!!! I get to go to my old job this afternoon. (home for lunch now) That will be a nice break from the craziness of the new job. Mercy! :eek: I hope some day - hopefully sooner rather than later - I'll understand how things work there. Whew!!! Everyday is a learning curve!!

My sciatica is feeling so much better today. It's still there, but not nearly as painful!! Hopefully I'm on the up swing with that! WOW was that painful!! No more sitting at the calculator all day, rarely getting up!!

I'm hoping to have time to log on this afternoon at the old job to get all caught up!

Merry Friday Eve everyone!!!!

:march:

Glad you are starting to feel better!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
So sorry to read about your hospital stay and everything that’s going on in your life right now. Hope you feel better soon! And I wish you and your family strength for today.

Thanks so much, Marshmallow05.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Sorry to hear about your anxiety. I’ve been deally with anxiety for a few years now so I know what it’s like and how bad it can make you feel. Just know that the feeling is not permanent.. tomorrow will be better, and if not, the next day will be. I hope you can find a way to relax a little.

So sorry to hear that you've been dealing with anxiety, but glad to hear that days have been better for you. Continued prayers as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image