Not open for further replies.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning ~
Merry Pines Day!
It’s going to be a pretty nice day, partly cloudy with a high of 64 degrees. Not too much going, I’m going to walk Rocky soon. I have a physical appointment later this morning. Other than that it will be a typical day of errands and chores. Dinner will be spaghetti & meatballs. That’s about it. I hope everyone is well and has a nice day!!!
xx

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina

Good Morning to you, my Merry Friends!
Oh, Happy Days. We have arrived.
We are officially HALF WAY BACK TO THE CHRISTMAS SEASON!!

Days to the Season: 182
Days to Christmas Day: 224

Wow, Guys. That first half sure went fast, didn't it!
Is there any reason to believe the second half will go any slower?
I doubt it. So get ready for a swift ride to Christmas Season 2019!

Nice and clear here yesterday after Monday's threatening weather.
It was rather coolish for this time of the year, but the calm was worth it.
Today promises to be a bit warmer, but still sunny and precipitation-free.
We begin this hump day at a right chilly 48 degrees here in the capital city.

Speaking of Hump Day, thoughts naturally turn to the Shispering Pines, as we ponder Carl's latest move.
Well, don't fret or wrack your brains. Our friendly activities director, ever in touch with our progress through the year and the count, has declared that EVERYTHING is half off at the S.P., even the gift shop merchandise.
(Speaking of that, have you ever noticed how many camel-themed knick-knacks there are in there?)
I, for one, don't plan to miss out on this deal to stock up on take-out fired twinkies. How about you?

While you think that over, don't loose your focus on having a Wonderful Wednesday and a Happy Half-Way Hump Day, OK?

Last edited:

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011

Speaking of Hump Day, thoughts naturally turn to the Shispering Pines, as we ponder Carl's latest move.
Well, don't fret or wrack your brains. Our friendly activities director, ever in touch with our progress through the year and the count, has declared that EVERYTHING is half off at the S.P., even the gift shop merchandise.
(Speaking of that, have you ever noticed how many camel-themed knick-knacks there are in there?)
I, for one, don't plan to miss out on this deal to stock up on take-out fired twinkies. How about you?

While you think that over, don't loose your focus on having a Wonderful Wednesday and a Happy Half-Way Hump Day, OK?
Thanks Crown! Happy Halfway to The Christmas Season!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Wednesday morning, Christmas friends!

It's a beautiful morning, 60°F and sunny. I've opened all my office windows, and I have a wonderful breeze coming through. Of course, it's supposed to be in the mid-90's by Saturday, so I'm going to enjoy it as long as I can. ;)

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Wednesday morning! It's nice and sunny right now with comfortable temperatures, but rain will move in again later tonight. I'm working the afternoon/evening shift today so I'm just relaxing with Loki cuddling up next to me. I'm looking forward to a three-day weekend coming up. We used to use this long weekend to plant flowers in planters for our balcony but David isn't strong enough yet to carry soil and plants up the stairs and our landlord is planning to re-do all the balconies this Summer anyway, so we won't be doing that this year. Hope everyone enjoys their day ahead.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
And here we are - Crown will be along to share the shocking and merry details soon enough.

In the meantime, I offer for your reading pleasure a story from the front page that was shared by Merry Carey back in 2014.

Here is a fine old Christmas story from 1914 about Calliope Marsh, a woman determined to gather her entire neighborhood under one Christmas tree.

A Great Tree
From Neighborhood Stories by Zona Gale (1914)

https://mymerrychristmas.com/a-great-tree/

Thank you for reposting---it's a wonderful story!
It's also available as a free audiobook (part of Librivox's Christmas Short Works Collection of 2016)---stream or download. It's a safe site.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Finally made it here. Very busy day at work today.
Merry Milestone Day!
@Bradmac , I'm not looking forward to the mid 90's this weekend. My electric bill has been very low the past couple of months. I'd like to keep it that way for a while.

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota

….And Christmas in July will be here soon.-sun-

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning ~
Merry Pines Day!
It’s going to be a pretty nice day, partly cloudy with a high of 64 degrees. Not too much going, I’m going to walk Rocky soon. I have a physical appointment later this morning. Other than that it will be a typical day of errands and chores. Dinner will be spaghetti & meatballs. That’s about it. I hope everyone is well and has a nice day!!!
xx

Hope the appointment went well!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Happy Milestone Day, MMC! Can’t believe we’re half way to Christmas - it’s so exciting!!! I worked today, but only had my 8 hour shift. I’m off for the next 2 days again starting tomorrow, then work Saturday this weekend, so I can be off next Saturday to go away and watch DD twirl, otherwise, I’ll be off the rest of the weekend.

We’re planning on going to a friend’s house this evening. He was just discharge from the hospital last evening. Had been in for blood clots in his lungs and is pretty sick. We’re going to visit, cheer him up, and take take dinner.

Hope you’re all having a great day!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Happy Milestone Day, MMC! Can’t believe we’re half way to Christmas - it’s so exciting!!! I worked today, but only had my 8 hour shift. I’m off for the next 2 days again starting tomorrow, then work Saturday this weekend, so I can be off next Saturday to go away and watch DD twirl, otherwise, I’ll be off the rest of the weekend.

We’re planning on going to a friend’s house this evening. He was just discharge from the hospital last evening. Had been in for blood clots in his lungs and is pretty sick. We’re going to visit, cheer him up, and take take dinner.

He is very blessed to have friends like your family. I feel for him and hope he gets better soon. I had bilateral PE's back in 2016 after my back surgery. It hurt so bad I thought I was going to die. Praying for a speedy recovery for him.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
He is very blessed to have friends like your family. I feel for him and hope he gets better soon. I had bilateral PE's back in 2016 after my back surgery. It hurt so bad I thought I was going to die. Praying for a speedy recovery for him.

That's so nice of you to say! His started out as a DVT and turned in to PE's as well. I've known him since I can literally remember and he's actually one of my husband's best friends now and they work together at the fire department. It's going to be a long recovery for him, especially on the breathing end and trying to wear a SCBA again, in fires and such. I had a DVT when I was 19 and know just the pain from that. I can't even imagine the pain from a PE and the issues with the breathing. We're so lucky we didn't lose him - God was really looking out for him and his family.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada

I'm sure your friend will be happy to be home and have your company. Sounds painful and rather serious; glad he's on the mend.

Enjoy your days off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image