Status
Not open for further replies.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Happy Saturday MMC!
It’s going to be a beautiful day, sunny with a high of 60 degrees. I made a big food shopping trip earlier, just having a cup of coffee right now. My youngest is heading over in a little bit. We’re going out for lunch then stopping by my parents house to visit. I hope everyone is having a nice day so far!!!
xx

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Folks.
Ready for another weekend?
Ready for the LAST weekend before we begin the Home Stretch to Christmas Season 2019?
Well, ready or not, it's here.

Days to the Season: 39
Days to Christmas Day: 81

The DAY AFTER TOMORROW, we will reach the 90 PERCENT point to the Season and enter the above-mentioned Home Stretch.
(How did we get so far along so fast??)

Last day of 90's heat yesterday.
Today will be much cooler with highs in the low 70's.
No rain in the forecast either, but that's not good as we are abnormally dry here, bordering on drought conditions.
Our weekend-commencing temperature reading here in central NC is a suddenly refreshing 61 degrees.

Have a Sensational Saturday and a Wondrous Weekend, Everyone!
Thanks Crown! Happy Spooky October Weekend!

Dudley

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Member
Sep 20, 2019
Southern California
Good Morning ... Finally a nice brisk and chilly fall morning! Been real busy lately between work, home, son's marching band schedule and our daughter turned 18 earlier this week so we had a family party at the house. Heading out in a little while for another marching band competition today which will keep us out until late tonight. Going to need to layer up but that's OK, I would rather layer up than suffer in the heat and high humidity. Have a great Day!

I will admit I do NOT miss those marching band competition days. lol

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
We're down to 5/11 here and last night after finishing work out of town, I discovered my car battery had died. Didn't even click or try and turn over. It was raining with almost a hint of flurry stuff and I was freezing. I am sure I annoyed the folks at CAA with my two follow-up phone calls. Took two hours before my battery was charged and I was on my way.

Thankfully, I didn't have to have it towed to my mechanic's shop. I'm sure it will be fine now. I don't believe any lights were on so I'm not sure what caused it. Took the guy four tries before it started purring a bit. He apologized and said he was sidetracked to clear a car accident; well on the bright side that wasn't my vehicle's situation. I didn't get home until 7:40 p.m.

I felt so chilled to the bone when I got home that I gobbled down some cereal, berries and yogurt and just chilled on the rocker recliner with my Fall coloured plush throw until it was time for bed.

I caved and turned the heat on; bedroom at 18; living room at 20. I can feel some heat coming so that's how cold it is.

Guess I have to start dressing in layers again. :bundleup

I'm sorry to hear that you had to wait for a long time for CAA. Sometimes it can take forever for them to come! I'm sure it wasn't the best evening for it to die, either.

I guess that's one of the signs of colder weather, eh? Here comes the fall!

Art the Bookworm

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
MMC Partner
Sep 5, 2018
Iowa
cozychristmas.libsyn.com

'Tis the season

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Sep 6, 2010
Northern Ireland
Morning all and a happy Sunday to one and all. We're off to my uncles 70th birthday celebration dinner today, so trying to get the chores done early. Have a great day everyone.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Sunday morning! After a beautiful sunny day yesterday, we're expecting some rain today. We went for a drive yesterday hoping to see some Fall colours but still there's barely anything except on mountain tops. We'll try again in a week or two. We took care of the grocery shopping and errands yesterday so today it will be chores and then a relaxing day. Hope everyone has a great one!

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Good morning, friends. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. We currently sit at 68 degrees on the deck drinking coffee.

Been a busy few days here. Football, work, etc. Things finally slowed down yesterday morning. Got to sit outside with a fire and listen to some music. Today, I plan on sitting on the deck, cooking, and watching some football. This is such an awesome time of year. Being able to sit outside in cooler, listen to football, and do some cooking is about as fall as it gets!

My Aunt is having a rough go at it. She has beat breast cancer twice in the past 7 years. She has been having some bladder issues and she went to the ER on Wednesday. They found two masses. The following hoursvwas a pretty intense situation. They immediately gave her medication, prepared her for transportation, and sent her two hours away for surgery. Did a complete hysterectomy and removed her appendix. Her bloodworm is still abnormal. If you don't mind, please say a prayer or two for her. We have always been pretty close and I'm terribly worried about her.

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
I will admit I do NOT miss those marching band competition days. lol

LOL .. The leg work and traveling 2 hours each way is not my ideal of fun but the kids are great and we are always guaranteed a good laugh and it's never a dull moment. Our son is the drum pit and plans to out for the drum line next year. A couple of the kids in the drum line have taken him under their wings.

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Good morning, friends. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. We currently sit at 68 degrees on the deck drinking coffee.

Been a busy few days here. Football, work, etc. Things finally slowed down yesterday morning. Got to sit outside with a fire and listen to some music. Today, I plan on sitting on the deck, cooking, and watching some football. This is such an awesome time of year. Being able to sit outside in cooler, listen to football, and do some cooking is about as fall as it gets!

My Aunt is having a rough go at it. She has beat breast cancer twice in the past 7 years. She has been having some bladder issues and she went to the ER on Wednesday. They found two masses. The following hoursvwas a pretty intense situation. They immediately gave her medication, prepared her for transportation, and sent her two hours away for surgery. Did a complete hysterectomy and removed her appendix. Her bloodworm is still abnormal. If you don't mind, please say a prayer or two for her. We have always been pretty close and I'm terribly worried about her.

Sending prayers for her, you and your family.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada

Sending positive thoughts to your aunt and your entire family ballcoach.

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York

Prayers are being said.
xx

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning MMC ~
It’s going to be cloudy today with light rain and a high of 68 degrees. Not too much going on, I just want to pick a couple of pumpkins and finish decorating the front of my house. My washing machine broke earlier, the water never stopped running once I started the cycle so my basement is flooded. I felt bad to wake my husband up and tell him that, especially on a Sunday morning. Hopefully he’ll figure out what happened! I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!
xx

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, MMC Citizens.

The weekend may well be half over but our wait for the start of Christmas Season 2019 is nearly to the 90 percent point!
Stay tuned for the exciting details.

Days to the Season: 38
Days to Christmas Day: 80

And TOMORROW, my Friends.
We enter the final HOME STRETCH leg of our journey back to the Season and begin the super fast track.
(Get ready for a wild but fun ride!)

Incredible.
From a 94 degree high on Friday, we dropped to a 66 degree high yesterday. Refreshing, albeit a bit shocking.
Today will see us rebound back into the low 80's. Our chance of much needed rain is minimal.
We begin part two of our weekend here at 63 degrees.

Have a Super Sunday and a Rousing Remainder of your weekend, Folks!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, MMC Citizens.

The weekend may well be half over but our wait for the start of Christmas Season 2019 is nearly to the 90 percent point!
Stay tuned for the exciting details.

Days to the Season: 38
Days to Christmas Day: 80

And TOMORROW, my Friends.
We enter the final HOME STRETCH leg of our journey back to the Season and begin the super fast track.
(Get ready for a wild but fun ride!)

Incredible.
From a 94 degree high on Friday, we dropped to a 66 degree high yesterday. Refreshing, albeit a bit shocking.
Today will see us rebound back into the low 80's. Our chance of much needed rain is minimal.
We begin part two of our weekend here at 63 degrees.

Have a Super Sunday and a Rousing Remainder of your weekend, Folks!
Thanks Crown! Happy October Sunday!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I'm sorry to hear that you had to wait for a long time for CAA. Sometimes it can take forever for them to come! I'm sure it wasn't the best evening for it to die, either.

I guess that's one of the signs of colder weather, eh? Here comes the fall!

Thanks Brent.
I know it really wasn't CAA's fault; I'm glad I pay for that service. I used it twice this year for myself and my husband used it one for his car. It's worth it. The last time it happened to me, I was at home so it was safer and warmer. They were here in less than 40 minutes. I think that was in early April.
When they came for my husband's car in February, it took over 4-5 hrs. and they advised that it could be delayed; again we were at home. It was about -26 and I'm sure winter driving conditions took priority and so they should.
I'll get myself a thermal blanket so I'm better prepared in case something goes wrong in the winter.

Fall is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image