AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good morning, friends. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. We currently sit at 68 degrees on the deck drinking coffee.

Been a busy few days here. Football, work, etc. Things finally slowed down yesterday morning. Got to sit outside with a fire and listen to some music. Today, I plan on sitting on the deck, cooking, and watching some football. This is such an awesome time of year. Being able to sit outside in cooler, listen to football, and do some cooking is about as fall as it gets!

My Aunt is having a rough go at it. She has beat breast cancer twice in the past 7 years. She has been having some bladder issues and she went to the ER on Wednesday. They found two masses. The following hoursvwas a pretty intense situation. They immediately gave her medication, prepared her for transportation, and sent her two hours away for surgery. Did a complete hysterectomy and removed her appendix. Her bloodworm is still abnormal. If you don't mind, please say a prayer or two for her. We have always been pretty close and I'm terribly worried about her.

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. I'm pleased they recognized how serious it was and sped her through the surgery process. I'll keep her in my thoughts for sure.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Morning all and a happy Sunday to one and all. We're off to my uncles 70th birthday celebration dinner today, so trying to get the chores done early. Have a great day everyone.

Happy Birthday to your uncle. My dad never turned 50; he stayed 49 twice and started counting backwards, I'm older than he is now. HaHa.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good morning MMC ~
It’s going to be cloudy today with light rain and a high of 68 degrees. Not too much going on, I just want to pick a couple of pumpkins and finish decorating the front of my house. My washing machine broke earlier, the water never stopped running once I started the cycle so my basement is flooded. I felt bad to wake my husband up and tell him that, especially on a Sunday morning. Hopefully he’ll figure out what happened! I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!
xx

I remember a similar mishap when I was little and our basement was flooded, but it wasn't like you needed boots to get around. The guy who came to repair it was hilarious. A heavy set fellow with the biggest belly laugh I ever heard. I kept cracking jokes to hear him laugh again. He wound up marrying my neighbours sister so we saw more of him when he wasn't working on our appliances.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Merry Sunday all y'all bunch of Christmas and Fall lovers.

A photo I took of the HWY along Algonquin Park a few years ago.

Country roadside

And one of my favourites; if you turn your view sideways it looks like a Christmas Tree.

We had nice weather for our community event and were hoping for 300 families; we wound up with over 800 (adults and children counted) participating in 4 dozen activities.

I let a tarantula walk around my hands and wrists.

I took a short drive after in the car; listening to tunes and remembering previous birthday celebrations for my husband and my dad. Then I decided to go home and listen to music instead of wasting gas and driving around.

There were fireworks last night for the Homecoming celebration for the local Battalions Hockey Team that seemed to last longer than our Canada Day fireworks. They gave me a migraine, but it's not as bad today.

Happy Autumn; happy "bers"!

Have a purrfect Sunday!

He_Is_Born

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Jul 13, 2016
Elkridge Maryland
Good morning, friends. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. We currently sit at 68 degrees on the deck drinking coffee.

Been a busy few days here. Football, work, etc. Things finally slowed down yesterday morning. Got to sit outside with a fire and listen to some music. Today, I plan on sitting on the deck, cooking, and watching some football. This is such an awesome time of year. Being able to sit outside in cooler, listen to football, and do some cooking is about as fall as it gets!

My Aunt is having a rough go at it. She has beat breast cancer twice in the past 7 years. She has been having some bladder issues and she went to the ER on Wednesday. They found two masses. The following hoursvwas a pretty intense situation. They immediately gave her medication, prepared her for transportation, and sent her two hours away for surgery. Did a complete hysterectomy and removed her appendix. Her bloodworm is still abnormal. If you don't mind, please say a prayer or two for her. We have always been pretty close and I'm terribly worried about her.

Prayers going up for your Aunt. May the road smooth out for her. Blessings to your family too.

He_Is_Born

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Jul 13, 2016
Elkridge Maryland
Good morning MMC ~
It’s going to be cloudy today with light rain and a high of 68 degrees. Not too much going on, I just want to pick a couple of pumpkins and finish decorating the front of my house. My washing machine broke earlier, the water never stopped running once I started the cycle so my basement is flooded. I felt bad to wake my husband up and tell him that, especially on a Sunday morning. Hopefully he’ll figure out what happened! I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!
xx
Been there done that with the washer. In our case it was a relay switch that went bad. Fortunately, our laundry room was on the same level as our family room so I heard the water spilling out. It was bad but not a total disaster. After that, we made a house rule that no washing was to be done unless someone was in the house close to the washer. Good luck on the cleanup.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Morning all and a happy Sunday to one and all. We're off to my uncles 70th birthday celebration dinner today, so trying to get the chores done early. Have a great day everyone.

Happy Birthday to your uncle!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan

Prayers sent and will continue for your aunt and for you and your family, coach. xx

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
" My Aunt is having a rough go at it. She has beat breast cancer twice in the past 7 years. She has been having some bladder issues and she went to the ER on Wednesday. They found two masses. The following hoursvwas a pretty intense situation. They immediately gave her medication, prepared her for transportation, and sent her two hours away for surgery. Did a complete hysterectomy and removed her appendix. Her bloodworm is still abnormal. If you don't mind, please say a prayer or two for her. We have always been pretty close and I'm terribly worried about her."

Prayers for your aunt and for her family.
maxresdefault.jpg

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Thanks Brent.
I know it really wasn't CAA's fault; I'm glad I pay for that service. I used it twice this year for myself and my husband used it one for his car. It's worth it. The last time it happened to me, I was at home so it was safer and warmer. They were here in less than 40 minutes. I think that was in early April.
When they came for my husband's car in February, it took over 4-5 hrs. and they advised that it could be delayed; again we were at home. It was about -26 and I'm sure winter driving conditions took priority and so they should.
I'll get myself a thermal blanket so I'm better prepared in case something goes wrong in the winter.

Fall is here.

You're right there. They were busy and tending to something super important. Less than 40 minutes is good. 4-5 hours isn't bad if you're at home. I remember my mom's husband needed CAA two years ago from this Christmas. His car wouldn't start and we had a snow squall that lasted about 72 hours (I'm not kidding). Apparently, the worker was traveling all day and had about eight calls around the Sault. He had to drive super slow and must have driven about 300 KMs that day. Poor guy!

A thermal blanket is a great idea! I think we have one in our car, too. You never really know when it's going to turn for the worse!

sugarmuffin25

Christmas Fanatic
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Oct 18, 2016
Ohio
Merry Sunday all y'all bunch of Christmas and Fall lovers.

A photo I took of the HWY along Algonquin Park a few years ago.

Country roadside

And one of my favourites; if you turn your view sideways it looks like a Christmas Tree.

We had nice weather for our community event and were hoping for 300 families; we wound up with over 800 (adults and children counted) participating in 4 dozen activities.

I let a tarantula walk around my hands and wrists.

I took a short drive after in the car; listening to tunes and remembering previous birthday celebrations for my husband and my dad. Then I decided to go home and listen to music instead of wasting gas and driving around.

There were fireworks last night for the Homecoming celebration for the local Battalions Hockey Team that seemed to last longer than our Canada Day fireworks. They gave me a migraine, but it's not as bad today.

Happy Autumn; happy "bers"!

Have a purrfect Sunday!

LOVE the O'Cat pic! I know I say this each time you share a picture of him but he is so handsome!!!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Happy Wednesday new friends! In SoCal we're in the days/weeks when it's 50s in the morning and you need a jacket and by 1pm it's in the 90s and you need a beer.

Another day of report generation and distribution at the office. Listening to Christmas music. Fellow employees will roll their eyes, but I've been here over 20 years and it's expected now.

Chicken teriyaki bowls for dinner.

Enjoy!

I apologize if I've already done so, but welcome to the Countdown, Dudley!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
I am teaching high school, Auntie! I used to teach at a traditional high school, then I was offered a contract at a high school that has a population of adult students. It's the same curriculum and classes as a regular teenage high school, just with a different population. It's not bad!

That sounds like it would be a very fun run. I'm sure the Bruce Peninsula is beautiful this time of year! It's funny how much faster running is than walking.

Yes, that was a lot of fun. Believe it or not, we're coming up on the 10 year anniversary of that next year. And, it's actually that friend's 39th birthday today - thanks for reminding me that I need to message him!

I'll do my best to enjoy the race. My run today was far too long and I'm ready t pass out because of it. I really enjoy healthy living. I need to always be pushing myself with something.

Happy Belated Birthday to your friend!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
I hope all goes well for your friend. Enjoy the great outdoors.

Thanks, HIS. He’s doing remarkable. We were told he wouldn’t even make it through the night and hopefully will be moved out of the ICU today. God surely does answer prayers!

As for camping, we had a nice, relaxed weekend! Thanks!

Last edited:

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
We're down to 5/11 here and last night after finishing work out of town, I discovered my car battery had died. Didn't even click or try and turn over. It was raining with almost a hint of flurry stuff and I was freezing. I am sure I annoyed the folks at CAA with my two follow-up phone calls. Took two hours before my battery was charged and I was on my way.

Thankfully, I didn't have to have it towed to my mechanic's shop. I'm sure it will be fine now. I don't believe any lights were on so I'm not sure what caused it. Took the guy four tries before it started purring a bit. He apologized and said he was sidetracked to clear a car accident; well on the bright side that wasn't my vehicle's situation. I didn't get home until 7:40 p.m.

I felt so chilled to the bone when I got home that I gobbled down some cereal, berries and yogurt and just chilled on the rocker recliner with my Fall coloured plush throw until it was time for bed.

I caved and turned the heat on; bedroom at 18; living room at 20. I can feel some heat coming so that's how cold it is.

Guess I have to start dressing in layers again. :bundleup

Glad you’re ok, Auntie! I’m sure that was scary too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image