Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
.....I am just a *tiny* bit sad that our long awaited December is almost upon us! Sometimes for me, it seems that the countdown each year is just as much fun as our actual beloved CHRISTMAS DAY! We wish all year long to get into the 'ber months, the best time of the year, and then sadly once they get here, they fly by!
Precisely why the Season count was added!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good First Morning of Thanksgiving Week, Folks!
Wow. The week of Thanksgiving. We truly got here fast, didn't we?
(And the rest of the year will race by. I just know it!)

The latest:
Days to Thanksgiving: 3 (UNDER HALF A WEEK!)
Days to Christmas Day: 30 (ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!)
(Time is slipping away!)

Well, it's back to the chill, but not too chilly. Unfortunately, the cooler weather was accompanied by windy conditions yesterday, making for a fairly uncomfortable day despite all the sun.
The first half of this week should see us in the 60's with a very limited chance of rain, before Thanksgiving day brings somewhat cooler conditions.
Our current status: Sunny, calm and chilly, with an opening thermometer reading of 39 degrees.

Have Marvelous Monday, Everyone!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Happy Rudolph Day!
Today Michelle and I will go see A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood then out to dinner. I'm thinking seafood. On Wednesday we're going to The Ark Encounter. And Thursday of course is Thanksgiving Day. Awesome week ahead us. I can't wait to see the extended family. Have a wonderful and blessed day!

HappyRudolphDay2_1553528127.jpeg

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Happy Rudolph Day!
Today Michelle and I will go see A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood then out to dinner. I'm thinking seafood. On Wednesday we're going to The Ark Encounter. And Thursday of course is Thanksgiving Day. Awesome week ahead us. I can't wait to see the extended family. Have a wonderful and blessed day!

View attachment 65810

Sounds like a wonderful week! Enjoy the movie - let me know what you think!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good Morning, all, Happy Thanksgiving Week!

Calling for a major snowstorm Tuesday - Wednesday, a foot of snow and 40 mph winds

-shiver-

I'm Dreaming of a White ... Thanksgiving

That’s a lot of snow! Enjoy and stay safe!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good First Morning of Thanksgiving Week, Folks!
Wow. The week of Thanksgiving. We truly got here fast, didn't we?
(And the rest of the year will race by. I just know it!)

The latest:
Days to Thanksgiving: 3 (UNDER HALF A WEEK!)
Days to Christmas Day: 30 (ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!)
(Time is slipping away!)

Well, it's back to the chill, but not too chilly. Unfortunately, the cooler weather was accompanied by windy conditions yesterday, making for a fairly uncomfortable day despite all the sun.
The first half of this week should see us in the 60's with a very limited chance of rain, before Thanksgiving day brings somewhat cooler conditions.
Our current status: Sunny, calm and chilly, with an opening thermometer reading of 39 degrees.

Have Marvelous Monday, Everyone!
Thanks Crown! Happy Thanksgiving Week!

Dudley

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Member
Sep 20, 2019
Southern California
Good morning MMC. It's Monday so it's at the office for me. Final week of the month, but only a 3 day week. Cooler weather is upon SoCal with temps in the 50s and rain predicted for Wednesday and Thursday.

The house is as decorated as we wanted it to be for Thanksgiving. The rest of the decorating will be started on Friday which includes getting the main tree up and decorated.

A final Thanksgiving run will happen Tuesday evening on the way home from work. I'll pick up the prime rib and a few assorted items. Baking will start Wednesday evening.

Enjoy!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good morning MMC ~
Merry Monday! I had a busy weekend but I managed to put three trees up yesterday. I have lots of decorating to do so I’ll be chipping away at that all week. I have a chiropractor appointment later today and I’m going to make a Target run afterward. Back home to work on chores, make a pot of chicken soup for dinner and decorate when I get the chance. I hope everyone is well and has a nice day!!!
xx
Oooh your house must look so festive with the three trees up. Have fun continuing your decorating HMG!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Our "office Thanksgiving" is today---office provides the turkey, stuffing, and gravy, the rest is potluck. Great spread, including desserts, but the mashed potatoes ran out before I got in line! Oh, well, Thursday I can have all the mashed potatoes I want!

shrcpark

Christmas Decorator
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 15, 2018
It's Super Card Exchange Wrap Up Sunday -list-

I am enjoying a mug of hot chocolate and after catching up on here and having a bite of breakfast, I am getting back to the cards. I only have 30 ready to go so far.

I did more gift wrapping yesterday. Drove the cat crazy because I didn't let him assist nor did I offer him a gift bag to nap on top of as he loves the shiny ones because his fur doesn't stick to it.

I am hoping I can squeeze in a visit with my dad, but it will likely be tomorrow.

The photo magnet I had done for my cousin of me dressed up as Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables, who had carrot red hair growing up, turned out great. I'll be adding that to her Christmas card.

My focus today is on the cards heading overseas and to the U.S. and then I'll focus on Canadian friends and family.

My brother and father tried to call it quits on the gift-giving the year after my mom died, but they didn't get away with it. I wasn't doing Christmas for my mom; it was for everyone.

I notice that my brothers pile grew over time so a few items will be as a house warming gift instead of Christmas so he doesn't feel like I went overboard because we agreed not to spend too much.

I actually picked up 3 things for my other brother, we haven't exchanged gifts since 2002 as his kids were getting older and he needed a bit more money to make their Christmas merrier.

I guess I can give it to him for his birthday at the end of January so he doesn't feel like he should have done something for me.

The across the creek neighbour added her Christmas tree to the outdoor decorations. If there weren't so many trees in the way, I could snap a photo. It gives the illusion of a small full width Christmas tree, but in the daylight you can see that it's a metal frame of a tree with lights all over it. I think her son and daughter made it for her; they are the ones who did up the Happy New Year sign for me last year.

Noir Noel, the brown bat, is still enjoying the comfort of his secret hideout; I checked the 14-day forecast and the weather won't be too bad; it doesn't dip down to -15 until Dec. 7th & 8th and that's with the windchill.

Keep a merry thought in your head -reindeer-
For some reason, when I addressed all the Christmas cards, my cat had to sit on the addressed pile. Something with a cat, they do not care what is next to us, they just sit on top of it. :)

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy Rudolph Day!! Work has been crazy today and I was hoping for a quiet week...oh well!
My daughter had a good first day back at school. She can't put any weight on her leg so she is hopping around on crutches.
I hope everyone has a great day!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
For some reason, when I addressed all the Christmas cards, my cat had to sit on the addressed pile. Something with a cat, they do not care what is next to us, they just sit on top of it. :)

O'Malley swept his paw at something on the coffee table last night. I'm not sure if he was motioning to my husband's remains in the cardinal - egg - urn or if it was something else that attracted him. He was thumping his tail hard on the ground like a kitty tantrum. Maybe he recognized the cardinal as a bird or the glitter squirrel poked his curiosity button.

I gave him a gift bag to rest on so that should do the trick.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Happy Rudolph Day! I can't believe we are on our last one! And please don't throw the tomatoes at me yet, but I am just a *tiny* bit sad that our long awaited December is almost upon us! Sometimes for me, it seems that the countdown each year is just as much fun as our actual beloved CHRISTMAS DAY! We wish all year long to get into the 'ber months, the best time of the year, and then sadly once they get here, they fly by!

I often feel the same way. I seem to hurry it along with the countdown and then as it draws closer, I want to slow it down so I can enjoy it all in slow motion.

I have found several people in my community talking about Christmas preparations more than usual, not sure if it's because I'm tuning into the chatter of strangers shopping or because co-workers are decorating earlier this year. It helps that the weather is milder than usual this time of year so outdoor decorations are also being set up earlier than usual. Why not do it now instead of waiting until it's too cold and blustery to want to do get at it.

Happy -reindeer-Day - I got my cards and ornies out today!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Humph! I brought an 8x8 pan of gingerbread to the office Thanksgiving, and they only nibbled at it. I'll take the rest home and we'll eat it ourselves!

I would have gone for the gingerbread. Their are several treats that were served at our home over the years, but gingerbread, shortbread and sugar cookies were my faves.

Too bad you missed out on the potatoes too. I'll never forget the Christmas a few years ago when I ran up to the Mall Santa and asked him for World Peace, a slinky, two Clementine Oranges and a can of corn. He said in his deep Santa voice, "That's an unusual request about the can of corn. I'll see what I can do. HOHOHO!" That's because I like that on the side with my potatoes, stufffing and turkey and two years in a row it wasn't offered (mom thought there wasn't enough to pass around and that she had several other dishes to set out including my brothers pickerel).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image