Christmas Countdown - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Last Weekend of the Year MMC! I worked all day and then went to my Uncle's till midnight. That made for a very long day. But it was fun. My brother's wife left this morning. We all really bonded with her this Christmas. It was the first one she spent with us and she plans to spend the next several with us. She really got into all of our traditions and had fun. Have a great Last Weekend of the Year!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning.
One of the things about the post-Christmas / pre-New Years Season I like is the fact that nearly everyone keeps their decorations up. Really keeps the spirit alive on to January.
I enjoy my neighborhood walks a lot more when I can still see the Christmas lights and ornaments!
Then, during January, I watch to see which house is the last to take theirs down.
Adds a fun dimension.
Thanks Crown! I love that about this week too!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning all! Sitting with all the lights off except for the tree and the other Christmas lights. I'm currently drinking a cup of coffee. We had to cancel the game night with my friends tonight, because both of my girlfriends husband's are sick. It stinks, but since DD immune system still isn't up to par, I don't want anything being brought in to the house. We'll watch a lot of football today and have a game night with the kids instead! Lots of food will be eaten today! Hope you all have a great day!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
i am so sorry for your loss Meceka! Thoughts and prayers to you and your family!

Sorry for your loss.

Blessings, peace, and healing for everyone in Ralph's orbit as you celebrate his life.

Friend, I'm so sorry. My heart hurts for you. I know that I have no words....but I you and your family have my love and prayers.

Meceka, I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. God rest Ralph's soul. I will be praying for you and your entire family. (((hugs))) to you, my friend. God Bless you. Lots of love.

Meceka. Sending best thoughts. Peace to you

Praying for you my friend. Sending love and hugs.
xoxo

Thank you, my friends! xx

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Good morning all!
Yesterday we went to a couple of retro gaming stores so Henry could but some games to go with with Nintendo Gameboy Advance he got for Christmas. One of the stores is really neat because not only does it sell retro games and such, it also has old arcade games you can play. It is really like an old 80s style arcade; takes me right back to my childhood for sure.

Then, we went to see the new Star Wars movie with my dad, his wife, and her daughter. After that we went to a nice Chinese restaurant and then back to our house to visit for a bit. It was a really nice day.

Today I am having lunch for a former student who graduated several years ago. I used to teach drumlines and give private lessons for a living (thus the name Iteachpercussion) and he was a student of mine from about 6th grade on through school. After he graduated he worked as my assistant too. That was all several years ago. Now he works for BASF as a chemical engineer. We try to stay in touch and when he comes back home for holidays and such we try to get together for lunch.

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning all!
Yesterday we went to a couple of retro gaming stores so Henry could but some games to go with with Nintendo Gameboy Advance he got for Christmas. One of the stores is really neat because not only does it sell retro games and such, it also has old arcade games you can play. It is really like an old 80s style arcade; takes me right back to my childhood for sure.

Then, we went to see the new Star Wars movie with my dad, his wife, and her daughter. After that we went to a nice Chinese restaurant and then back to our house to visit for a bit. It was a really nice day.

Today I am having lunch for a former student who graduated several years ago. I used to teach drumlines and give private lessons for a living (thus the name Iteachpercussion) and he was a student of mine from about 6th grade on through school. After he graduated he worked as my assistant too. That was all several years ago. Now he works for BASF as a chemical engineer. We try to stay in touch and when he comes back home for holidays and such we try to get together for lunch.

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Enjoy lunch! That's very nice that you guys are able to stay in touch!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Geez. I spoke too soon. DD has been feeling well since Christmas, so I thought we were on the mend, but she just came out of room, fire engine red, said she didn't feel well. I took her temp and it's up to 102.2F again. I'm sure DH or I brought something home from work to her and her immune system isn't strong enough to fight it or she hasn't entirely fought off what she has yet. That just plain stinks.
Hope your daughter is better today!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Hi, Folks.
Don't "count" me out. Still here enjoying the waning days of Christmas Season 2019.

Don't forget. This thread locks at midnight following New Year's Eve and "Christmas Countdown 2020" will then launch promptly. Hopefully, the delay will be only a matter of seconds if everything goes well. I usually open a second session on this site so when I lock 2019, I can then hop over to 2020 and post it. Kind of fun, actually!
Have a great weekend ahead, Guys!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
GM MMC!
I am just enjoying some coffee and relaxing. Tonight we have a little Christmas party with some friends of my younger daughter. It should be a lot of fun. Hope everyone enjoys their day!

Sounds like fun! Have a great time!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Hi, Folks.
Don't "count" me out. Still here enjoying the waning days of Christmas Season 2019.

Don't forget. This thread locks at midnight following New Year's Eve and "Christmas Countdown 2020" will then launch promptly. Hopefully, the delay will be only a matter of seconds if everything goes well. I usually open a second session on this site so when I lock 2019, I can then hop over to 2020 and post it. Kind of fun, actually!

Looking forward to another year of counting down with all of you!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good afternoon all! Hope you’re all enjoying your Saturday. We’re sitting watching the Cotton Bowl. Penn State is playing Memphis and of course we’re cheering on PSU. They’re not looking too great so far. Hope they pick it up!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Hi, Folks.

Thanks Crown! Happy Last Weekend of the Year!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
@sugar142286

I would ask what you are doing right now, but I figure you are watching the Cotton Bowl.

I never root against you, but I am too close to Memphis St. not to pull for them. There has been a lot of excitement 40 miles from us this season.

It has been to close of a game for my comfort. They definitely haven’t been playing as well as I had hoped. I commend Memphis’s new coach. Good for him!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Saturday afternoon! After freezing rain yesterday, we are having a wonderful sunny day with warming temperatures, helping to melt the ice.

We just got home from seeing the latest Star Wars movie. My favourite character Nien Nunb makes an appearance, all is right with the movie world.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image