Thanksgiving 2024 Thread

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
This is a close one for me between C & D. But I'm going with C, the 100 day marker until The Bers. I gets me the most excited.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I am going with D! Hitting halfway to Thanksgiving will be a big boost, and will be a wonderful Pre-Memorial Day Weekend kick-off!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 210
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 183
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 122

Happy Early May! Today folks we move along and see we have 210 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 183 days to go until November, and 122 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone will be the 200-Day Marker till Thanksgiving which will be in 10 days. That will be huge. But we’re in the month of huge milestones so that should not be a surprise. Should it? We move along in our Super Spring with our Stress-Free period feeling good. And we look forward to our Thanksgiving Thought Thursday below!

May makes me always think about Thanksgiving. Worse than usual. Or maybe I shouldn’t word it that way. Better than usual! That sounds better. May = Thanksgiving. Mini Thanksgiving is coming here. I can’t wait.

Other than November, May is the month I think about Thanksgiving the most. It feels like it’s on the total opposite of the year kind of like April is Spooky Spring for Halloween fans. It makes me happy to be halfway to the big month of November but reminds me how we must move ahead cautiously and enjoy each day. Turkey friends have a great gobbling Thursday my friends. It should be fun. Have a great Early May!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 209
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 182
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 121

Happy May TGIF! Today folks we move along and see we have 209 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 182 days to go until November, and 121 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone will be in 9 days. That’s going to be a big one as we reach the 200-Day Marker till Thanksgiving. We move along in our Super Spring Stress Free for 3 more full weeks still with our Fun Fact Friday below!

The first Thanksgiving feast was three days long. The first Thanksgiving spanned several days, and the menu was quite different from what you might see on dinner tables today. It included venison, duck, goose, oysters, lobster, eel, and fish.

Wait the first Thanksgiving was several DAYS? Well, that’s not too different from now. Leftovers. Right? That’s one of the best things about Thanksgiving to me. All those tasty leftovers. They are delicious and some of the best there are. Sometimes the leftovers taste better than the first day. Lobster on Thanksgiving? So, fancy. Fish I could see as it reminds me a bit of turkey, in a way. Turkey friends I wish all of you a great Friday today. And I hope you have a great day and time ahead today. Have a great May TGIF!​

SolidSnake84

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Sort of makes you think about that whole Thanksgiving week - the excitement the day before, Thanksgiving day itself, and then "Black Friday", in a way it's kind of like stretching the holiday out. Funny how it is easy to do it with Thanksgiving, but on Christmas evening everything comes to a screeching halt.

Have a great day!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Those people at the first Thanksgiving had the right idea. Make it last several days. Kinda like now where we (in this thread) view the entire week of Thanksgiving as one big magical time. The only difference is that I can’t imagine eating seafood for Thanksgiving at all.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I always get and roast a larger turkey then what we actually need because I love those leftovers. Love getting up the next morning and snagging a piece or 2 of cold turkey to enjoy while the coffee is brewing.
I do the same thing. And sometimes, I have enough leftovers to freeze some for later. The day after Thanksgiving? I always have a slice for pumpkin pie for breakfast.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 208
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 181
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 120

Happy May The 4th Be With You! Today folks we move along and have 208 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 181 days to go until November, and 120 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone will be 1 week from tomorrow when we reach the 200-Day Marker till Thanksgiving. It’s going to be big friends. Major. We move along in our Super Spring Stress Free Style feeling good to start off our weekend. And knowing we have a lot of fun to come. But also, in our quiet weekend period now so no topics today. That’s ok but I hope you enjoyed the topics all week long that you were here for. Turkey friends it’s time to get out and enjoy the weather this time of year. It’s May. May and September normally in my area are the nicest months of the year. It always can change but usually that’s how it goes. And you might as well enjoy it while we can. Just like in November when you know winter is eventually coming here in May you know that summer is eventually coming. So, let’s make it a great first weekend of the month of May. Sound good? I hope so. And then we can all meet back on Sunday here to talk about the 2nd half of our quiet weekend period. Looking forward to it. Have a great May The 4th Be With You!​

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 208
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 181
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 120

Happy May The 4th Be With You! Today folks we move along and have 208 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 181 days to go until November, and 120 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone will be 1 week from tomorrow when we reach the 200-Day Marker till Thanksgiving. It’s going to be big friends. Major. We move along in our Super Spring Stress Free Style feeling good to start off our weekend. And knowing we have a lot of fun to come. But also, in our quiet weekend period now so no topics today. That’s ok but I hope you enjoyed the topics all week long that you were here for. Turkey friends it’s time to get out and enjoy the weather this time of year. It’s May. May and September normally in my area are the nicest months of the year. It always can change but usually that’s how it goes. And you might as well enjoy it while we can. Just like in November when you know winter is eventually coming here in May you know that summer is eventually coming. So, let’s make it a great first weekend of the month of May. Sound good? I hope so. And then we can all meet back on Sunday here to talk about the 2nd half of our quiet weekend period. Looking forward to it. Have a great May The 4th Be With You!​
dark-meat.jpg

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I do the same thing. And sometimes, I have enough leftovers to freeze some for later. The day after Thanksgiving? I always have a slice for pumpkin pie for breakfast.
I am always disappointed if I don't have enough leftovers to make up some freezer meals. I found some nice round divided freezer containers last year that seem worthy of such special leftovers! LOL! I wish I would have grabbed a second set but as long as I have enough leftovers for 2-3 meals I will be happy.

And I have Apple Pie for breakfast, but no ice cream! LOL!

Christmas Activities

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image