Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
For some people, it is kind of like a sporting event -- a competition. For others, it is just good quality time together. I remember a Thanksgiving where family sat around the table after dinner strategizing -- it was a hoot to listen to. I don't blame people for doing it. It's just not for me.

JAboc

Reindeer Pooper Scooper
MMC Lifer
Jul 24, 2007
Virginia Beach, Virginia USA
i hate black friday ... when i worked over at bestbuy it was hectic people were so rude screaming at you calling you names JUST so they can get that deal... plus i worked like a 14hr shift that day and they said you can't call off that day or you're fired even if you're sick i was pretty dumbfounded...

thank god i work at a desk this year more time with my family

MsChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 8, 2008
Maryland, USA
I have been out a few times for Black Friday. Not recently though. I have a young son so I dont think I will be going out for the next few years. I guess if there was a really good deal on something I really wanted I would send my Mom or Husband out..although my Husband wouldnt be very happy haha

snowytree

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 16, 2008
GA
We get our tree on Black Friday, then go back home and hang for the rest of the day!:tree:

BritneyBug

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 7, 2007
North Carolina!
awhitechristmas.blogspot.com
Okay.
Now when you think about Thanksgiving...
You have to think about Black Friday..
The day after Thanksgiving & the wildest shopping
day of the year!
It's also the first official Christmas shopping day.
So,
1. where do you shop at on Black Friday?
2. are you a Black Friday person or Cyber Monday person?
3. do you have some Black Friday stories from previous years?
4. how early do you go out for Black Friday?

1. I have gone out with my mom several time (every time I say "Never Again!" but it can be really fun.
2. I am more of a black friday person. I buy stuff online but not on any specific day
3. I don't but my mom has some great ones....a lady at Best Buy that was trying to beat people with her purse and it got so crowded her arm got stuck strait up in the air.
4. I have been out with mom as early as 4am. Yuck!

M

MerryChristmasLydio

My mom and Aunt SHannon always countdown to the After Thanksgiving Shopping Sprees and stuff.

ericw

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Member
Oct 2, 2008
Tigard, OR
I usually work retail over the holiday season. So you're one of those people waiting in line for the mall doors to open.

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
I have been a black friday shopper for the past years. The stores we shop that day will depend on their sales. This year I will only be able to stop at 1 or 2 stores since I have to work.

JanaBanana

*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess,
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2007
I go...but im not hardcore...we go out with another couple and just find things that may be a good deal. then we go to lunch. ...
i dont go stand in lines at 2:00 am for nothing..its snowy and cold here at that time. my place of choice is Target...last year my friend and i shopped while our husbands waited in the check-out lines. worked great

Santa's Helper

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 14, 2007
Out there
The only time I went shopping on Black Friday was 2 years ago. I was setting up my Christmas tree and I ran out of lights at 5 am. I had no choice but to go out so at 5:30 am I was stanging in line at K-Mart holding 10 boxes of lights with no carts to be found! I don't think that there is any gift that is important enough to go through all of that!

auntieclaus

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 12, 2008
We usually go early 6am and are home by 10am at the latest (when the crowds are really getting thick).

Sunshine73

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 26, 2005
Illinois
I heart Black Friday. I love the crowds, the Christmas music and it's now become a tradition for DH and I to take my step-daughter out and make a family day of it. We go shopping for what deals we can find, then we catch a movie (hopefully a Christmas one) and dinner. Of course, we don't ever really go out with the idea that we must find a particular item at a particular store. If we find a great deal, we snap it up but we're not killing ourselves trying to get the 'doorbuster' deals or anything.

Now, I used to work retail and I loathed and despised Black Friday because it seemed to bring out the crankiest people and we were always crazy busy.

My funniest Black Friday experience was a few years ago. It was my Dh and I and my step-daughter and my sister (they're the same age and fast friends). We were going into Best Buy and it was CRAZY in there so I told everyone to 'buddy up' in case we got separated and, in the spirit of Finding Nemo (which we'd watched the night before) I made a joke about everyone having their "shopping buddy".

So, about fifteen minutes later, we'd lost DH. We wandered around looking for him in wall to wall people and, in frustration, I turned to the girls and announced "where's my shopping buddy, I've LOST my shopping buddy." Some really cute guy was walking by, looked me over and said "I'll be your shopping buddy".

I was so shocked that I just stood there with my mouth hanging open. I remember turning around to the girls and saying "He was just flirting with me. That guy was just fliriting with me, wasn't he?"

The girls were laughing so hard I thought they were going to wet themselves and when my DH finally found us again, my SD pointed out that if he wandered off again, I had options on the table.:lol:

scottish*mama*claus

Chestnut Roaster
MMC Member
Sep 29, 2008
suburb of Buffalo, NY
I don't shop on black Friday. I did shop on cyber monday last year though. But that was because the site I was needing to shop on was offering free shipping and I had a large order!

Annie

Nathan8906

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Oct 13, 2008
Orange County, CA
I don't shop on black Friday. I did shop on cyber monday last year though. But that was because the site I was needing to shop on was offering free shipping and I had a large order!

Annie
That's a really good (and easy) idea. I'm just scared that I might need to return something I buy online. Shipping it back seems like a major pain.

Mumof2

One Happy lil Elf
MMC Lifer
Oct 23, 2007
Boston, Ma
www.facebook.com
It's been a long time since I've done that...Maybe 2004 me ,mum,sister went to mall In Houma,La.that year they came for Thanksgiving. was fun,got a few things nothing major..When I was younger we would shop all darn day my feet would throb..lol

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image