cooking thanksgiving meals

slick

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Nov 10, 2006
every year me and all my little sisters help my dad stuff the turkey. I like stuffing it and helping getting it ready. I also help my mom cook pumpkin pie. I love pumpkin pie. and she makes this other pie that I am alergic to. pecan pie. I am alergic to nuts. every nut instead of almonds. I love almonds. the almonds I like tha most are the smokehouse ones. and my mom when she makes the crust she makes it look perfect. do you guys know how moms make everything so perfect? I don't. I think that is a mystery that I will never find out. I know one thing I will never be a better cook than my mom. anyway back to where we where in cooking the thanksgiving meals. we make mashed potatos that I hate I don't like the tecture. and then there are the discusting vegtebles. I don't realy like vegtebles but I eat them............. ok ok I won't lie I eat them somtimes. and then there is egg nog and stuff like that. but we don't make the egg nog we buy it from the store. and then when it is all done we sit down and enjoy it and we pretty much stare at our food the whole time and then once in a while we look at each other and talk for a few minutes. except last year was louder. I just remember eating the thanksgiving meal on thanksgiving mostly staring at our food. :family:

E

Ervserver

I think it is wonderful how your family gets involved with the meal preparation. When a person is allergic to nuts does this mean touching them as well as eating them?

S

sheepsnot

Slick, you bring up a great point about perfect cooking. What makes it perfect is the combination of your mom's love for you guys, which is beyond measure and comprehension, and the love you have for her, which covers over any mistakes she may make. It's the same love that makes my wife think she's married to Tom Selleck when all I see is John Candy.

S

sheepsnot

Too many of those guys lived hard and died young, younger than me. Belushi, Farley, Candy, cake, eggnog... Huh? Where am I?

snowytree

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 16, 2008
GA
Slick I enjoyed reading this post...are you still on this site?

joyful

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 25, 2006
northeast USA
That was a cute post. I don't know how I missed it since I've been around here for some time, probably because I had slow dail up which made it hard to read all the post.

Isn't it funny how most think their mother's cooking/baking is perfect, then we start doing it and our kids think our cooking/baking is perfect, they just don't remember the mistakes, thank goodness. LOL

I have one word that sums up making perfect meals "Practice" and then sometimes things go wrong but people don't notice.

JOHNOR

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 24, 2007
England
i'm not the greatest cook : (

i can do a great full english breakfast and i am not too bad at roast dinners, but i would love to be able to bake. that is my ambition for this christmas, to learn to bake and make lot's of lovely home cooked food!

HolidayHoney

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 27, 2008
RE:

Ervserver

I miss John Candy

I miss John Candy, too, Ervserver

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums