Glittered Pumpkins

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
Had to share this idea. (Sorry if anything like this has been posted prior). I really think this would be a fun way to decorate a pumpkin. I may just have to try this!

Glittered Pumpkins How-To
1. With paintbrush, spread layer of white glue over the surface of a small pumpkin. Place pumpkin on a paper plate or newspaper to catch excess glitter.
2. Sprinkle powder glitter over glue, covering completely. Let dry for an hour, then shake off excess powder.
3. Coat stem with brown acrylic paint, let dry. Once dry, the stem can also be covered in brown glitter if desired. The pumpkins will keep for months

Tips
1. It's easiest to do half the pumpkin and sprinkle with glitter, let dry, and continue with the other half.

2. There's no need to completely cover the bottom, since it's not seen. Also, it's fine if your pumpkin has marks or mild blemishes, since you will be covering it with glitter.

Reactions: 4 people

Adam

Formally xrockchild
MMC Member
Apr 11, 2010
California
I love glittered pumpkins, they come out beautiful. The great part is, you can get so many glitter shades of colors and coordinate with them.

judesmama

...Noel, Hilda, and Evan’s mama, too!
MMC Lifer
Jul 8, 2008
Out in the country!
This is something I've always wanted to try but never remember to when the time comes - now someone just remind me in 5 months!! :) (wow - is Halloween really that soon????!)

Reactions: 1 person

Adam

Formally xrockchild
MMC Member
Apr 11, 2010
California
This is something I've always wanted to try but never remember to when the time comes - now someone just remind me in 5 months!! :) (wow - is Halloween really that soon????!)

Yep, if you don't count may its 4 months lol.

whitney37354

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Jan 16, 2009
Tennessee
DD would love these! She is all about glitter right now. I have glitter all over the dining room table & chairs because she's been making "butterflies" with glitter paint & adding more glitter to that...

MsChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 8, 2008
Maryland, USA
Oh my gosh I love this idea. I have 2 boys but I think I will make my pumpkin the glittery one cheesy

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image