MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 16, 2008
GA

laikengrace

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 14, 2007
Hi, I almost always do my Turkey on my gas grill, though I've never tried the stuffing on the grill. I put my turkey in a tin-foil type roaster pan, season it well, and then I put a couple of the very small tinfoil pans inside along side the turkey, with coke in them....this helps keep the turkey moist and tenderized. Then wrap tight with tinfoil. I put my pan on the opposite side from the heat....I think it's called indirect grilling. It makes a wonderful, moist turkey. I sometimes inject mine with different marinades and its great also.

Reactions: 2 people

snowytree

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 16, 2008
GA
Hi, I almost always do my Turkey on my gas grill, though I've never tried the stuffing on the grill. I put my turkey in a tin-foil type roaster pan, season it well, and then I put a couple of the very small tinfoil pans inside along side the turkey, with coke in them....this helps keep the turkey moist and tenderized. Then wrap tight with tinfoil. I put my pan on the opposite side from the heat....I think it's called indirect grilling. It makes a wonderful, moist turkey. I sometimes inject mine with different marinades and its great also.

Thanks for the info!cheesy

TamaraQT

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Lifer
Oct 11, 2009
New Jersey
I want to try this so badly but I am afraid. Maybe I should try it before then so I will know huh? cheesy

Reactions: 1 person

laikengrace

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 14, 2007
Tamara...

I would try it ahead of time so you'd know how long it will take on your grill. It is very moist and tender.....it's my favorite way to do turkey. Try it...I think you'll like it!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Never tried, but it sounds good! Keep us posted if you try! :)

gabulldawg

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 29, 2010
Hill AFB,Ogden Utah
I have never tried it,and to be honest.Ive just now learned how to cook turkey anyway..well I would not say learned but rather did it myself.when I was married my wife always cooked the turkey. I was really intimidated the first time I cooked one in the oven but once it turned out ok and no one got sick,its actually fun..I want to deep fry one one day soon. I bet on the grill it would be great too.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image