Mardi Gras on your Block!

rodmonster

Santa's Personal Trainer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Jul 27, 2008
Va
So - as many of you know - we are originally from La. We have since moved to the DC area... While up here though we have come in contact with many folks from La.
We found an annual crawfish boil for all the old La School Alumni... and a Great Mardi Gras parade we walk or float in each year... right outside of DC in Clarendon. Its not huge - like home - but it does the trick for a little taste. We also have several stores that sell KingCakes, Bread Pudding, Abita Beer... etc during the season...
We also decorate the inside and outside of our house for MG...
We will be having a small Mardi Gras Dinner this week for some of my wife's friends from work.

So my question to you all is what does your area do (or do they) for Mardi Gras? Anything at all?

Post pics if you like!

Reactions: 1 person

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Toronto has a mardi gras parade and festivities every year, but it is not something we have ever participated in or even think about celebrating.
How about snow shoe golf or ice hotels? We do that when weather permits.

MerryBells

wants turkey!
MMC Lifer
Sep 3, 2006
Pasadena, MD
Sadly, the only Mardi Gras experience in my area is watching the NOLA Parade Webcam. Maybe I can make a Mardi Gras collar for my dog.

judesmama

...Noel, Hilda, and Evan’s mama, too!
MMC Lifer
Jul 8, 2008
Out in the country!
Not a whole lot in the Philly 'burbs! We will, however, be getting some donuts and I will be eating all the sweets I can handle on Fat Tuesday! Giving up sweets for Lent - ahhh!!!

Christmas-A-Holic

MMC Goodwill Ambassador
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Jun 21, 2009
Deep in the Heart of Texas!
I don't personally do anything for Mardi Gras but our church this weekend will have game night with a Mardi Gras theme. I am not sure we will be able to make it but if we do I will post back to tell you how it went. I am positive it will not be as wild as it is in New Orleans! :lol:

frostyman

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
Oct 22, 2009
KY
I don't know anyone who does anything for it really. we usually eat a special meal of some kind

trackrebel

candy cane hustla
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2008
Germany
sports.groups.yahoo.com
to my knowledge Mardi Gras is now, right now? it is what we call carnival over here in Germany....just been partying today will continue thru Tuesday when it ends....Wednesday it is a mourning day for all Carneval lovers......over here we are in disguises just like You are on Halloween.....scary, funny, stupid...of course people drink a lot....but most stay civil....dancing, singing and on....on Monday the three biggest parades in Germany for Carnival will take place in Mainz (40mins away from me), Cologne and Düsseldorf......hundreds of thousand people will be there to watch the parades....plus there so many small, small parades and parties....it is not countable......the more You go down south in Germany....the more people will be dresses as witches and wizards and scary stuff....it goes into the direction of scarring away demons and stuff like that...that is the thought behind it.....I love Carnival and Kandice has started dancing on the kids dance group of my old carnival club.....so we are very proud.......the chant for it in my area is Helau.....in Cologne they yell Allaaf....in Mannheim they yell Ahoi.....and there are plenty more chants all over the place

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image